Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT : How many have been scammed, just for Visa's ??

OT : How many have been scammed, just for Visa's ??

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 12:17 pm
dgdss

Just wondering if anyone had any personal exp. or knows someone who thought their
wife/husband loved them only to find they were being used, so the individual could
come to the USA ? It seems to me that the marriage route is the one the INS looks at
the hardest when it comes to fraud.

Doug (CDN) Amy (USC) petition sent - Jan 24 1st NOA - Jan 29th 2nd NOA- ??? Packet 3
received - May 29th checklist/bio form returned to Montreal - May 30th Interview -
??? Move - ??? Marriage - ??? First fight - ???? New house - ??? First fight about me
watching to many sports - ??? doug's first tornado or hurricane exp. - ???

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 12:22 pm
Alvena Ferreira

dgdss wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
There have been a few posts about this in the group in the past, though not
frequently. It is always a risk, however, for the US citizen. That is why you should
not do this process unless you are very sure that this is a valid relationship.
Taking your time in the relationship is one good way to help make that decision. It
takes about 6 months usually, before your brain overtrules the groin. If after six
months you are still sure, then the chances are better that the relationship is real.
There is no way to be totally sure. You can find this issue addressed on these pages:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm alvena I am not a lawyer
and this is not legal advice. This is my opinion, offered for the purpose of
discussion.

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 12:26 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Alvena Ferreira wrote:
[usenetquote2]> > Just wondering if anyone had any personal exp. or knows someone who thought[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > their wife/husband loved them only to find they were being used, so the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > individual could come to the USA ? It seems to me that the marriage route is the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > one the INS looks at the hardest when it comes to fraud.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
As an addendum note, there are also risks for the foreign fiance. I had an e-mail not
to long ago from a fiance whose US fiance was high on dope when she met him as she
got off the plane. She was not prepared for this at all. Obviously, they did not
marry. It was a very painful experience for her, I think. There are
misrepresentations possible on both sides of the ocean, do be aware.

alvena I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. This is my personal opinion,
offered for the purpose of discussion.