Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Florida Sunshine

OT: Florida Sunshine

Old Feb 9th 2001, 1:37 pm
ritapetrie

Well I made it to Florida, Naples to be specific. Was suppose to leave on US Airways at
8:15 a.m. yesterday morning. Jim got me up at 4, out the door at 6, arrived at LaGuardia
at 6:30 and sat around until 8:15 just to board the plane. Then the plane sat in a lineup
until 8:55 to leave. Counted 25 planes behind us ;-(( Actually was only 10 minutes late
getting into Charlotte. Had time to make my connection to Ft. Myers when they asked for
volunteers to take another flight out. I volunteered. Got free round trip ticket to
anywhere in the continental US and/or Canada good for one year, a flight to Tampa and then
a connecting flight to Naples. Flight late to leave for Tampa because snack was not
delivered. We did get frozen (yes frozen turkey and cheese on a roll, baby carrots and
dip, candy bar and oatmeal raisin cookie.) Man next to me ate it frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Passengers voted verbally to fly without food (not fuel but food) 15 minutes after we
waited for catering truck to arrive. We arrived in Tampa in time for my connection to a
Beechcraft 1600D flight to Naples, FL. Wow that was a great flight. Flew over the
coastline and it is a wonderful view.

All in all got here at 4:00 p.m. instead of 1:00 but got another free flight out of it, no
food but several cokes and a beer (bar is the only place you can smoke in an airport
except for Tampa which has a smoking area).

Leaving soon to take Lisa in for the outpatient surgery. Her boss loaned me his 2000 Jeep
Cheroke for the visit )) And the weather here is gorgeous. Was in the 90's when we
landed and woke up to 61 degrees.

Bye for now! Rita ... playing Mom again and loving it

Old Feb 9th 2001, 9:47 pm
LKish

Rita

Good Luck to your daughter.

Chris and I went down to Ft Myers and Sanibel Island last weekend just to get out of the
snow!!! We got a great deal on Delta $128 return - one of those great weekend deals that
they publish every Wednesday. We too flew into Tampa and were asked if we wanted to give
up our seats. By the time we decided yes it was too late, other people had already
volunteered.

Enjoy the weather. We even started looking at real estate and possible employment
opportunities when we returned. It's hard to beat SW Florida weather.

Linda and Chris