NRA solicitations

Old Jul 11th 2017, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NRA solicitations

For some reason the NRA has been soliciting me on the phone to give support to Trump. I find this quite strange. Not sure if this is a national campaign. Yes another one of those annoying phone calls.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 7:31 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRA solicitations

Originally Posted by mrken30
For some reason the NRA has been soliciting me on the phone to give support to Trump. I find this quite strange. Not sure if this is a national campaign. Yes another one of those annoying phone calls.
That seems oddly specific.

I never answer the phone unless I recognize the number to avoid such solicitation calls. Or calls to tell me that because I've stayed in one of their fabulous resorts (I haven't) that I'll get a free gift (like hell).

Was it a recorded message or a live person though because maybe you can relieve some boredom and **** with them for a while if it's the latter
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That seems oddly specific.

I never answer the phone unless I recognize the number to avoid such solicitation calls. Or calls to tell me that because I've stayed in one of their fabulous resorts (I haven't) that I'll get a free gift (like hell).

Was it a recorded message or a live person though because maybe you can relieve some boredom and **** with them for a while if it's the latter
It was a live person. I had the first one yesterday and said I didn't have time. They called back again today to tell me how wonderful Trump was and something about Trump passing or approving of Senate Bill 446 . Maybe this is why there is still a large Trump following???
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It was a live person. I had the first one yesterday and said I didn't have time. They called back again today to tell me how wonderful Trump was and something about Trump passing or approving of Senate Bill 446 . Maybe this is why there is still a large Trump following???
I think you've got a stalker, mate.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that's all I need, an NRA , Trump supporting stalker They didn't sound Russian.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:10 pm
I have a comma problem

that's all I need, an NRA , Trump supporting stalker They didn't sound Russian.
Maybe if you ignore the calls they'll go away.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Maybe if you ignore the calls they'll go away.
They always call from different numbers. Unfortunately I have to answer most calls in case they are work related.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 9:32 pm
I have a comma problem

They always call from different numbers. Unfortunately I have to answer most calls in case they are work related.
Well that just plain sucks. Oh well, maybe next time you could 'put them on a brief hold', stick the phone under a pillow and go out for a walk.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask them if you can meet in a parking lot at 3 am. Alone.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. W is a card carrying member of the NRA and they call here all the time and he has not received the type of call you have received twice now. Wonder what makes them think you are agreeable to their plea.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Are they asking for money or just suggesting that you talk positively about Trump in your daily conversations and online?

There is equally the chance that it is not the NRA at all, just someone using their name. Not that this kind of thing is beneath them, they did nothing but talk crap about Obama despite him signing legislation that loosened gun laws all over. They are pretty much just a right-wing political arm of the gun manufacturers.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the NRA emails and I doubt this is anything to do with them, often they are promoting events and we do have issues at the Tate level in Colorado but with the defeat of Hillary my impression is that most people think the heat is off. No longer a conversational matter.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 2:12 pm
I have a comma problem

It doesn't really matter who it is, or for what reason, it's the solicitation itself that's the pain in the arse.

Doubly so for mrken, because he has to answer his phone in case it's a work call. At least when the assortment of twats who want to waste your time call us, it's either on the land line, which I'm not even sure why we keep anymore, so it gets ignored, or they'll call the cell phone with either an out of state number (which I ignore) or a number from my area code with the same 'middle 3 digits' as my cell number (which also gets ignored). If the call is for me, they'll leave a message, and anyone else can suck my balls.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use an Ooma as my public number, normally set to Do Not Disturb.

I have a Mobile and mainly use that but am careful who has the number.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think they probably got the number from the gun club. I think the purpose of the call was to get me to take out a 5 year membership to NRA for $140. Might be a deal for some people, but not me. Still doesn't explain the pro-Trump aspect of the call. Certainly one way of losing members, if I was one.

Last edited by mrken30; Jul 12th 2017 at 2:54 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.