Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Now thats a shit job

Now thats a shit job

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:06 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now thats a shit job

Last night, got home at 7pm, the daughter said she needed to take a poop, but both lav's were fully blocked up. I calls the plumber he wanted $175 just to come out + work done, so I was looking at $300.

Fack that, so I tear off to Home depot and rent out a plumbers snake, just as I'm leaving, the Home Depot chap said..."now remember, you can't shove the snake down the toilet, you have to take them off"....oh bugger I thought, I have never done that before....anyways

Got home, drained out the pee and poop floating around, cut the water off, cut the caulk around the toilet and proceeded to lift....Lord have mercy, what a stink.

In the master toilet, it was blocked with Dental floss, Qtips and wads of paper, so I stuck the electric snake down the pipe, and cranked it on whilst at the same time pulling the snake....SHIT went flying everywhere, the walls, the toilet, even a few splatters on my face....nice!

In the kids crapper, my 2 year old nephew had shoved a plastic giraffe down the U-bend and hence all the paper glogged up like a damn...the pipe was clean though...got done at 10.30 and had the snake back by 9am this morning for a total of $40...job done!....just don't ask me to do that again though.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Now thats a shit job

Originally Posted by Yosser
In the master toilet, it was blocked with Dental floss, Qtips and wads of paper, so I stuck the electric snake down the pipe, and cranked it on whilst at the same time pulling the snake....SHIT went flying everywhere, the walls, the toilet, even a few splatters on my face....nice!

In the kids crapper, my 2 year old nephew had shoved a plastic giraffe down the U-bend and hence all the paper glogged up like a damn...the pipe was clean though...got done at 10.30 and had the snake back by 9am this morning for a total of $40...job done!....just don't ask me to do that again though.
Well you did it once, you even did it twice.....let's hope you don't have to do it for a turd time

Well done.....it's more than I would have attempted.

Jim.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:20 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now thats a shit job

Last night, got home at 7pm, the daughter said she needed to take a poop, but both lav's were fully blocked up. I calls the plumber he wanted $175 just to come out + work done, so I was looking at $300.

Fack that, so I tear off to Home depot and rent out a plumbers snake, just as I'm leaving, the Home Depot chap said..."now remember, you can't shove the snake down the toilet, you have to take them off"....oh bugger I thought, I have never done that before....anyways

Got home, drained out the pee and poop floating around, cut the water off, cut the caulk around the toilet and proceeded to lift....Lord have mercy, what a stink.

Call-out fee? $175
Extras? $125

Not ending up with shit on your face? Priceless.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:47 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

F*** me, that sounds grim.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Call-out fee? $175
Extras? $125

Not ending up with shit on your face? Priceless.
innit...
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:01 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Grim wan't the word....I almost lost some fingers as well, as I put on a pair of marigolds and the bastards got caught up in the grooves on the snake, so my fingers were being twisted around at a great knot of speed....its weird when that stuff happens, as there is a moment of delay...you can't quite work out whats going on and at the same time you can't take the other finger off the trigger!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:23 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

ewwww....its a dirty job....so the man has to do it...

have you warned the kids about no more toys shoved down the toilet....
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:30 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Do you not have a clean out just outside your house?

2 kinds of main sewage line blockage

1. block in the toilet itself (plunge the crap out of it)

2. block in the main line (sounds like what you had)

typically you run the snake from the outside going in (if the blockage is between the clean out and the toilet thats where the blockage is or towards the street if thats where the blockage is)

you can tell where the blockage is - if there is no water at the clean out, the blockage is upstream water backing up at the clean out then its street side

home depot staff tend to be useless, the last piece of plumbing advice I chose NOT to take (and was proved right) came from a young gay guy who had no clue and should have stayed in home decor...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yosser, your post made me laugh out loud! Poop splattered in your face? What a mental image that conjured... not one I want to think about often but it still made me laugh! Thanks for that.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:25 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Lord!

The thread's title was really meaningful!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

This really made my morning.... too too funny.. You get bonus Karma!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

now i have to come clean....
About 4 years ago i was working at the London Eye on the south bank.
We had some heavy rain and the outside drains were blocked creating a river along the street, stopping customers from getting on the wheel.
I went to our tech team, they were busy but handed me an industrial pump to sit in the street and run a hose to the Thames to drain the water. The techs warned me that the last time it was used it was unblocking a sewer pipe.

So off i go to the large puddle, run the hose and fire the sucker up.... Nothing...
So i try to start it again...... nothing
So i take the hose off (which is situated on the top of the pump), kick the unit and try to start it again.
This time it works but the hose was not connected which sent a 10 foot fountain of shit into the air and onto me and some nearby customers.

That was not a good day at work
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:25 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Yosser, your post made me laugh out loud! Poop splattered in your face? What a mental image that conjured... not one I want to think about often but it still made me laugh! Thanks for that.
well I was thinking that wearing a pair of marigolds would of been enough protection...obvisouly not! In the master-crapper the toilet is just big enough to sit down in, so when the snake when into spazzo mode, I had no-where to run and watched in horror as the metal snake came flying out of pipe just as the shit infested dental floss and Q-tips gave the walls a new "faux" finish look...

Not long after this episode had finished, the daughter was bitching at me to start dinner as she was hungry, I stood there covered in shit and the kid wants me to cook dinner....you can't win, for losing!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:03 am
Just Joined

sloulamp is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a crappy (no poun intended), day at work, and this truly made my evening!! Thanks for sharing... sorry you had to go through it!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

YEP ! ............ Been there, done that !
Job well done .... did you get time and a turd ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.