Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Non tipping bar and restaurant.

Non tipping bar and restaurant.

Old Jun 24th 2015, 9:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non tipping bar and restaurant.

Originally Posted by username.exe
I've done this a couple of times.
The look of fear and trepidation on the server/managers face when you ask to speak to someone can be quite sad. They really have to put up with some awful dross. .....
Yeah it's very sad. I had cause to speak to the duty manager at the hotel we were staying in a couple of weeks ago, and he visibly braced for a complaint.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 12:24 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
If the service is horrible you should talk to the manager not leave a passive aggressive note.
Talking to the manager is fine -- I've done that myself. But when the goal is to chastise someone who was offensive, a note does a better job of getting the point across.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 5:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
If the service is horrible you should talk to the manager not leave a passive aggressive note.
Bad service in my experience working front lines, usually starts because of management not giving a rats arse, if management or an owner doesn't care, can't expect the employees to care.

Talking to a manager might make the customer feel better, but managers don't really care, you may not even actually get a manager, but just another employee tasked to take complaints as the "manager".
Old Jun 25th 2015, 12:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Bad service in my experience working front lines, usually starts because of management not giving a rats arse, if management or an owner doesn't care, can't expect the employees to care.

Talking to a manager might make the customer feel better, but managers don't really care, you may not even actually get a manager, but just another employee tasked to take complaints as the "manager".
I suspect that if management truely don't give a rat's ass then it will show in the overall establishment, and I wouldn't waste time complaining. I have eaten out often enough to be able to tell the difference between one bad apple and a poorly run restaurant. If the whole place is shabbily run we just don't go back. Round here at least the restaurant business appears to be brutally competitive and poorly run restaurants don't last long.