New Top Gear Hosts?

Old Jun 17th 2015, 3:03 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Top Gear Hosts?

I used to love 2 and a half men in the Charlie Sheen days...it was one of the few American comedies that would have me laughing out loud. When he had his meltdown, I thought there was no way they could resurrect it. Then Ashton Kutcher was announced, and even though I can't stand the guy, I figured I'd give it a shot as it was (I think) all the same writers, producers etc. A few painful shows confirmed that it wasn't for me, and I've not watched it since.

The parallel with Top Gear is pretty clear...loved the original, meltdown, replace with a twat I can't stand.......I'll give it a couple of shows with an open () mind, but not expecting great things. I suspect the first show will have massive viewing figures as everyone tunes in to see what he'll do, then the lamb and sheep sorting will begin......
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

...and then they got a different actor to play The Doctor in Dr Who.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:27 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
My interest ended when Tom Baker was replaced. I am sure it had nothing to do with Leela and Romana.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:28 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
My interest ended when Tom Baker was replaced. I am sure it had nothing to do with Leela and Romana.
I stopped watching when they killed off William Hartnell.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when Chris Evans was announced as the replacement for Terry Wogan, the world nearly stopped spinning! He seems to have made a success of that. I'm definitely in the camp of being pissed off that the original 3 are no longer on the show, but with the exception of the awful one show, I've loved the stuff Chris Evans has done. Big Breakfast, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, TFI, all brilliant shows as far as I'm concerned. So I'll give this a go. As I said on another post, I hope they don't just do the same thing with different presenters, cause the show will fail. But with a new spin, it could be a good watch.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:50 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was so happy to hear the news about CE hosting TG as I thought he would give up his morning radio gig and I could back to listening to Radio 2 in the morning.
Alas, he plans to continue with his radio show, so I will continue to avoid it like the plague.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:52 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Jon Pertwee, Black and White, from behind the sofa.

Setting a high bar for all that came after him...

Tom Baker came close, very close, but Davison and Baker were poor, then I lost interest and never watched the later ones...
Old Jun 17th 2015, 9:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
....., I hope they don't just do the same thing with different presenters, cause the show will fail. But with a new spin, it could be a good watch.
Without Wilman it won't be the same show. IMO the biggest question is not whether Evans can replace Clarkson, but whether they can find a replacement for Wilman?
Old Jun 17th 2015, 11:45 am
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of hoped the BBC would go with a cast of relative unknowns but I appreciate they realistically need a known commodity like Evans to anchor the whole thing.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

So as I understand it, James May and Richard Hammond aren't going to co host with Chris Evans? I didn't care for Clarkson but I did like those two. As for Chris Evans - the BBC has always had a knack of finding obnoxious presenters. They seem to start out in the childrens TV and worm their way up to the big time.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
They seem to start out in the childrens TV and worm their way up to the big time.
They will probably pair him with Michaela Strachan.

Old Jun 17th 2015, 1:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That isn't really the same anyway, since Dr. Who is a continuous story, for which the regeneration of the Doctor has been written in as a part.

The only reason people (myself included) would have for not being too interested in a 'new' Top Gear was because we watched the show for the three presenters as much as anything else and it isn't the same without them or without Andy Wilman as pointed out. Choosing not to watch it has nothing to do with some kind of protest or anything else like that, it's lack of interest in the new format.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 1:05 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That isn't really the same anyway, since Dr. Who is a continuous story, for which the regeneration of the Doctor has been written in as a part.

The only reason people (myself included) would have for not being too interested in a 'new' Top Gear was because we watched the show for the three presenters as much as anything else and it isn't the same without them or without Andy Wilman as pointed out. Choosing not to watch it has nothing to do with some kind of protest or anything else like that, it's lack of interest in the new format.

Apathy is a powerful master.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Evans has announced there will be a female co host. Jodie Kidd then.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
So as I understand it, James May and Richard Hammond aren't going to co host with Chris Evans? I didn't care for Clarkson but I did like those two. As for Chris Evans - the BBC has always had a knack of finding obnoxious presenters. They seem to start out in the childrens TV and worm their way up to the big time.
Correct. they've both said they won't do it without Clarkson and have turned down a contract reportedly worth $1M per series for two years (each).

There's much more money to be made if the three (four with Andy Wilman) stick together and produce another TG-like show for Netflix or ITV with all of them taking Exec Producer credits and a share of the profits!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.