Netflix

Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Netflix

We have a long running threads for US TV progams and UK TV programs...here's one for Netfliks recommendations.

For less than $10 per month you can sign up. So far I've caught up with Spartacus...watched the first 2 series of Dexter...but tonight when I settled down to watch the 3rd series I found out I can't stream it and have to order the DVD. Therefore I thought I'd start watching another series I haven't seen...Weeds...so far so good.

Any recommendations of programs/films to view would be gratefully received.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:40 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netfliks

We're about to downgrade our Netflix to online only - when we first got it, we watched a load of DVD's and caught up with pretty much everything we wanted to see. At the moment, we're not watching movies - we've had one envelope sitting there for ages and I checked online and it was sent at the end of september! Have sent it back (unwatched) today and will downgrade membership once its received. That being said, I think the Netflix concept is fantastic, and their customer service has been phenomenally good. We got an unrequested refund one month because they'd had problems at one of their distribution center - we hadn't even noticed!

I read somewhere that they are looking to phase out the dvd side of the business and just go with the online downloads....got to say, I think thats a bit premature, but then I'm a bit of a dinosaur.....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We're about to downgrade our Netflix to online only - when we first got it, we watched a load of DVD's and caught up with pretty much everything we wanted to see. At the moment, we're not watching movies - we've had one envelope sitting there for ages and I checked online and it was sent at the end of september! Have sent it back (unwatched) today and will downgrade membership once its received. That being said, I think the Netflix concept is fantastic, and their customer service has been phenomenally good. We got an unrequested refund one month because they'd had problems at one of their distribution center - we hadn't even noticed!

I read somewhere that they are looking to phase out the dvd side of the business and just go with the online downloads....got to say, I think thats a bit premature, but then I'm a bit of a dinosaur.....
When I want to watch something I want to watch it now...not wait for a DVD to arrive in my mailbox.

The likes of Netflixs has certainly contributed to the death of Blockbuster and many small video outlets.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Some of my favorite TV that is streaming (or at least was when I watched it)...

Arrested Development
The IT Crowd
Jericho
Vicar of Dibley
Good Neighbors (The Good Life)
30 Rock
Doc Martin
Jekyll
Painkiller Jane
The Riches
Firefly
Rescue Me
Dr Who
Skins
Parks and Recreation
Lie to Me
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When I want to watch something I want to watch it now...not wait for a DVD to arrive in my mailbox.

The likes of Netflixs has certainly contributed to the death of Blockbuster and many small video outlets.
Netflix has almost cured my of my piratical tendencies. I might dump my newsgroup provider soon, as they both cost about the same a month.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:10 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

We have a long running threads for US TV progams and UK TV programs...here's one for Netfliks recommendations.

For less than $10 per month you can sign up. So far I've caught up with Spartacus...watched the first 2 series of Dexter...but tonight when I settled down to watch the 3rd series I found out I can't stream it and have to order the DVD. Therefore I thought I'd start watching another series I haven't seen...Weeds...so far so good.

Any recommendations of programs/films to view would be gratefully received.
Good thread JG, I find the recommendations on Netflix terrible and can never think of anything to search for. We recently watched Wire in the Blood which was quite good.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Netflix has almost cured my of my piratical tendencies. I might dump my newsgroup provider soon, as they both cost about the same a month.
I hate it when people rip things off they should be paying for, movies, music, games. Just cough up.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the British stuff is only available on DVD so we've kept the 1-disc service for Midsomer Murders and vintage Dr Who.

We went through the whole of 'Hyperdrive' at Christmas (that one you can stream). I love it even if no-one else does
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by N1cky
Good thread JG, I find the recommendations on Netflix terrible and can never think of anything to search for. We recently watched Wire in the Blood which was quite good.

I loved Wire in the Blood...I love Robson Green. Try to find Northern Lights...completely different to Wire in the Blood but IMO well worth watching. The first was a Christmas Special...followed by 2 series.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:19 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why we're downgrading to the online only service - I think there's plenty of choice for us, but a lot of friends have had the same complaint that you did - that the full catalogue isn't yet available for download.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thats why we're downgrading to the online only service - I think there's plenty of choice for us, but a lot of friends have had the same complaint that you did - that the full catalogue isn't yet available for download.
It's only a dollar a so to subscribe to DVD's and there plenty of other stuff I want to catch up with while I wait for the DVD's.

Anyone have any title (film or series) recommendations to watch via Netfliks?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:47 am

MI-5 / Spooks
Touch of Frost
Wire in the Blood
Red Dwarf
Waking the Dead

Going to try Survivors next - sounds like an update of something I used to love back in the 70's/early 80's(?)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any title (film or series) recommendations to watch via Netfliks?
The 15 or so above not good enough?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:19 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we watched the first 2 series of Tudors on netflix. really enjoyed that. waiting for the third series to go on download rather than dvd.

also watched the Terry goodkind series, 'The sword of truth'. Very fantasy fiction with magic etc but i liked the original book series so enjoyed the 2 tv series.

currently have Eat Pray Love dvd sitting to watch.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Some of my favorite TV that is streaming (or at least was when I watched it)...

Arrested Development
The IT Crowd
Jericho
Vicar of Dibley
Good Neighbors (The Good Life)
30 Rock
Doc Martin
Jekyll
Painkiller Jane
The Riches
Firefly
Rescue Me
Dr Who
Skins
Parks and Recreation
Lie to Me

Arrested Developement is brilliant

We are still wading through a Touch of Frost, an eposide a night and there are 15 Series of them with 2 to 5 episodes in each series. I love it!

We have had Netflix for years, two movies at a time but since we started streaming we have dropped the mailed movies.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Going to try Survivors next - sounds like an update of something I used to love back in the 70's/early 80's(?)
Yes it is an update - it's good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.