Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

"Nemo" - Blizzard Prediction For The North East

"Nemo" - Blizzard Prediction For The North East

Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Nemo" - Blizzard Prediction For The North East

Have they said how many people they expect to survive?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Braintree/Weymouth area got 23"..probably 4 feet with drifting..our car is half buried but my biggest problem has to be the slider doors to our balcony..they've frozen solid after I went out for a smoke and to clear the snow..I wouldn't mind too much but I left the beers out there to keep cold! Bollocks!!!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTBFFH12
Braintree/Weymouth area got 23"..probably 4 feet with drifting..our car is half buried but my biggest problem has to be the slider doors to our balcony..they've frozen solid after I went out for a smoke and to clear the snow..I wouldn't mind too much but I left the beers out there to keep cold! Bollocks!!!
They have these wonderful things called Fridges. You should look into purchasing one of those

Jim.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTBFFH12
Use a hairdryer.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Snow usually means warmer temperatures.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Remembering to fill the bathtub with water and getting all the candles out worked -- we still have power! But the way the wind is howling and the trees are swaying, I'm not letting the water out yet. Looks like 18 inches or so of snow, but it's hard to tell as it is drifting so much, and the drifts are multiple feet deep. Nowhere to go until the plough guy shows up, and no guesses as to when that will be.

Good luck to everyone further north who took the brunt of the storm -- hope power is restored soon.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Snow usually means warmer temperatures.
It's going to be much warmer next week...in the 40sF.

We have over a foot of snow. Looks very pretty this morning...by this afternoon I will be sick of looking at the white stuff.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky buggers i have to sit out and it only just into the 70s ..
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Use a hairdryer.
That occurred to me while having a cup of tea..so now I have a beer chaser! Breakfast of champions!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You lucky buggers i have to sit out and it only just into the 70s ..
Wrap up warm Ray.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Hope you have shovels. And that you keep your power. I have no idea why the richest country in the world with plenty of rough weather is unable to fix the power cut issue. Happens here all the time, due to high winds.
We got lucky, chap next door helped clear our drive way with his massive snow blower. We'd never have cleared the wall at the end of the drive where we had gotten ploughed in from the road.

Also lucky the chap up stairs was able to get out and clear the doorway...that would have sucked being stuck indoors.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
They have these wonderful things called Fridges. You should look into purchasing one of those

Jim.
You've got to protect the important things from going off in the event of losing power though...
Old Feb 9th 2013, 8:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

http://randyhilarski.sharedby.co/share/KyymX0

Was a student really tazered for throwing a snowball in Boston?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 8:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Our cars (Mini and Miata)

Driveway... Work in progress.

Finish tomorrow... Too tired.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Patrick's head sticking up out of the snow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.