Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

my son swallowed a quarter....

my son swallowed a quarter....

Old May 8th 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default my son swallowed a quarter....

this happened yesterday morning, he's almost 7. He's not in any pain and so I think it'll come out the other end ok

However, we are off to Blighty (first time in over 2yrs- yay!) on Friday and I'm more worried that he'll set off the metal detectors at the airport if it's still in there, what do y'all think?
Old May 8th 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: my son swallowed a quarter....

It should be out by then, but if there's no change (pun intended) Wednesday, give him a chunk of laxative chocolate to speed it's exit.

You could take him to your local courthouse, High School, Federal Building to see if it will set a metal detector arch off. (If the CH is fitted with one, as many are)
Old May 8th 2011, 8:27 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
this happened yesterday morning, he's almost 7. He's not in any pain and so I think it'll come out the other end ok

However, we are off to Blighty (first time in over 2yrs- yay!) on Friday and I'm more worried that he'll set off the metal detectors at the airport if it's still in there, what do y'all think?
If I was you I'd only start worrying if he craps out a dime.
Old May 8th 2011, 8:47 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for pay dirt At least you don't have to dig in a diaper for it to make sure it comes out.
Old May 8th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pTeronaut
It should be out by then, but if there's no change (pun intended) Wednesday, give him a chunk of laxative chocolate to speed it's exit.

You could take him to your local courthouse, High School, Federal Building to see if it will set a metal detector arch off. (If the CH is fitted with one, as many are)
That's an idea! I think I know someone who has a metal detector, I might borrow it to see if we can, er, 'monitor' it's progress this week. I live right beside the local courthouse, I might give that a try aswell.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

If he still has some baby teeth to lose, the "tooth fairy" could deduct the quarter from the total.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

After going through all kinds of silly thoughts in my mind, along the lines of a slot machine paying out, or a pinball-machine scenario, my more sensible side started to wonder ...

how?

As in ... what was he doing to get into this predicament ... seeing if he could chew it? find out what it tasted like? Timing how long it takes to pass through?

This brings back memories of my childhood - being told not to swallow the seeds of an apple, otherwise an apple tree will grow inside you ... I was quite fearful of that for some time!!!
Old May 8th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Prunes and custard after tea every night!!!!
Old May 8th 2011, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steerpike
After going through all kinds of silly thoughts in my mind, along the lines of a slot machine paying out, or a pinball-machine scenario, my more sensible side started to wonder ...

how?

As in ... what was he doing to get into this predicament ... seeing if he could chew it? find out what it tasted like? Timing how long it takes to pass through?

This brings back memories of my childhood - being told not to swallow the seeds of an apple, otherwise an apple tree will grow inside you ... I was quite fearful of that for some time!!!
Perhaps he was watching Family Guy, the episode where Peter eats a load of nickels and goes blind.
Old May 8th 2011, 11:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Which would only help if they were set up to the same sensitivity and other settings as the airport ones.
Old May 8th 2011, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
Which would only help if they were set up to the same sensitivity and other settings as the airport ones.
Anyway, weren't the metal detectors replaced by the backscatter devices?
Old May 8th 2011, 11:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

... the backscatter devices?
<snort>
Old May 9th 2011, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was going to put my two Cents in, but that probably wouldn't be very helpful....
Old May 9th 2011, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Pls go to your doctor. I'm not sure that a quarter will pass through the ileo-cecal valve. Google might be your friend here - sorry I dont have the time right now....

Best wishes

Ozzidoc
Old May 9th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Pls go to your doctor. I'm not sure that a quarter will pass through the ileo-cecal valve. Google might be your friend here - sorry I dont have the time right now....

Best wishes

Ozzidoc
I just scanned him with a metal detector, it's quite low down now. I did read that for a few kids larger coins did not pass through into the intestine, but that doesn't seem to be the case thankfully.
I'll keep him on the prunes and scan him every day to see if it's still there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.