Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Maltesers (British) in Costco - woo hoo!

Maltesers (British) in Costco - woo hoo!

Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:44 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Maltesers (British) in Costco - woo hoo!

I thought I'd share this...

....I was in Costco today and they are selling tubs of Maltesers (weight 1lb 15oz or 879g). They are made in Great Britain and the cost is $8.69 in NJ

Naturally I bought a tub and can happily state that they have the authentic Maltesers taste!
Old Apr 25th 2017, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maltesers (British) in Costco - woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I thought I'd share this...

....I was in Costco today and they are selling tubs of Maltesers (weight 1lb 15oz or 879g). They are made in Great Britain and the cost is $8.69 in NJ

Naturally I bought a tub and can happily state that they have the authentic Maltesers taste!
Those larger tubs of Maltesers were in our local Costco (CA) a few months ago. I hope they are back in as I'm going by that way later today. Yummy.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Maltesers seem to be everywhere at the moment.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Maltesers seem to be everywhere at the moment.
Maltesers Coming to the US in 2017 | Brand Eating

Although it looks like going forward Malteasers for Canada/US market will be produced in Canada.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...uce-maltesers/

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 25th 2017 at 10:37 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:55 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Found small bags for 50 cents each at Walmart last week.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:14 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Maltesers (British) in Costco - woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Found small bags for 50 cents each at Walmart last week.
Oddly enough, both my son and my husband reckon that the bags of 'Maltesers' taste differently to the bags sold in the UK, but the bucket of Maltesers from Costco are the 'real deal'. They should know....my spouse eats far too much chocolate and frequently has to go on trips to the Canary Wharf office, so he always comes back with a lot of Percy Pigs and UK chocolate

I wonder if there is a slight variation in the recipe between the buckets and the small bags? For example, a lot of chocolate which is exported to countries with a hot climate has a different formulation so that it doesn't melt so easily....perhaps some of the Maltesers destined for the US is of 'export' quality whilst the bags are the same ones as destined for the Middle East etc and the buckets are the bog-standard Maltesers as consumed in the UK?
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

They recently officially launched - http://britishexpats.com/forum/trail...tesers-895074/

They're on the shelves but not in the database at 7-11 so the cheeky b's ring a generic $1.99 if you don't watch
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

DrDogbert is an unknown quantity at this point

I came across some in a Rite-Aid store over in WA. I simply couldn't resist them, especially since my dog ate my last box of Maltesers (long story!)