List what you MISS

Old Mar 12th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List what you MISS

i miss

ENGLISH PEOPLE AND THEIR SENSE OF HUMOUR
Flowers,
Gardening. Plants are so expensive here.
Decent roads.
People with a genuine smile on thier face!!!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 5:30 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

Walking along the seafront when down at the coast.
In this part of the world you hardly get it - they are called boardwalks, but mostly homes are built on the ocean front and take up all the space!

Good flavoured tomatoes - here there is no taste to them.
Gardening in general - climate here can be so short for growing season. Too hot or too cold!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

pat12 is an unknown quantity at this point

To add to this thread:-
Friends
My house
Driving a manual car on the left
Not having to stop for arrogant pedestrians all the time
M $ S food
Shopping in general
London and all it has to offer, including public transport which is 3rd rate in BC
TV
British sense of humour
Football, cricket
Not being asked my ins and outs by people working at the bank, PO etc (here in Abbotsford they think they're being friendly when all it is is nosiness!)
Spring time in England
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:38 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Being able to warm my bum on a radiator!

TT.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:27 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: List what you MISS

I miss everything, number 1 is deffinately my mum, dad, brother and inlaws
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:33 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thought of another..., being able to buy alcohol (especially my wine) in a supermarket.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart
Being able to warm my bum on a radiator!

TT.
I'd forgotten about that simple pleasure
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:42 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

I cooked roast lamb on sunday, could've done with some Jersey royal new potatoes to go with it mmm!

TT.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My life.
yep i think that sums it up for me as well!
I thought i had overcome this homesickness feeling after being here nearly two years but it's come back with vengeance

Family
My old work mates (aving a laugh )
My old House
Many things..............
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:23 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desire
yep i think that sums it up for me as well!
I thought i had overcome this homesickness feeling after being here nearly two years but it's come back with vengeance.

Family
My old work mates (aving a laugh )
My old House
Many things..............
Hi Desire (long time no see/type)

Maybe a trip back is called for?...it worked for a few on Adelaidebrits and got things into perspective one way or the other...as for me I think it's still to early to go back for a nosey...I'm scared of what may happen. I was fine (eventually) in Adelaide now feeling very 'not at home' all over

Best Wishes, Jan (janandrob)

P.S Thanks again for helping with the car (thumbs up)

I also miss Jelly Cubes that you can eat rather than the powder here. I can also relate to the going upstairs to bed one....somehow it's just not the same 'going along to bed'

For me being here is a bit like manic depression....One day I can be bright and cheery seeing good in everything my new life has to offer,imagining my future here and all the countless brilliant possibilities.Sitting back in happy wonderment of all the things that led us to this great opportunity BUT on others I feel so low JUST because I'm awake, it's another day already It feels very much like living in a recurring nightmare. Sometimes I try to take extra long blinks just make the reality of it all disappear for a moment longer. I can't stop thinking about how much we must of hurt our families as we cheerfully planned our new lives. I sit back aghast of all the things we didn't think through enough that led us to this 'opportunity' that we should have passed on.

Oh well it's all character building stuff I s'pose {{{sigh}}}

Quite fancy a scotch egg at the moment too

Jan
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:41 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Thought of another..., being able to buy alcohol (especially my wine) in a supermarket.
I'm with you on that one.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Mothers Day!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:35 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Mothers day - I would love to give my mum a big hug on sunday

Having yet another bad day, just want to be home

Esther
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Est
Mothers day - I would love to give my mum a big hug on sunday

Having yet another bad day, just want to be home

Esther
My Mum died 12 years ago, I still struggle with Mothers Day. Will think of all you unhappy people missing your Mum this Sunday.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

HotFLM will become famous soon enough

Hi all. I'm new to this so please forgive me for any mistakes!

I was removed from mother land England when i was just 1 and sent to OZ. I have been lucky enough to return a few times in the last 33 years of my life and I'm heading back for a month hols in Aug / Sept.

I miss

* Penguins (like them more than Tim Tams)
* Country side (prettier than the Ozzie bush)
* English Sausages (what can i say!)
* Tescos (is it me or is the presentation of food in the UK soooo much better than COLES!)
* Smiling English foke and a good sense of humour
* Friends / Family and family grave sites
* Robins at Xmas
* Snow
* Old buildings and history.
* British accent

I could go on and on. If I'm lucky and play my cards right, I may move back in a year or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.