Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Dec 6th 2017, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ford Excursion and a VW Toureg.

There was also a Toureg (W12) that you could pair with any ol' V8.

Or one of these with any ol' V8!

HOW much!?!?!?
Interesting I had never looked at the specs of a Toureg.

Would also put any of the 6x6 rigs Defender / Pinzgauer / Perentie and last but not least the Mercedes as awesome.
Was in a 110 Perentie with the 3.9 Isuzu engine plus a turbo it flew.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:50 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently watching Series 2 of the Grand Tour (a day early......I guess it’s gone midnight in the UK but we are watching it on the US Amazon Prime).

Loving it with the sound bar turned on under the TV. They are in Switzerland in the supercars....you may remember what happened to Hammond. Also loving it as we spent five years in Switzerland before returning to New Jersey last year.....we have driven on these roads, this part was filmed in north east Switzerland....the scenery is gorgeous
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:36 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
We are currently watching Series 2 of the Grand Tour (a day early......I guess it’s gone midnight in the UK but we are watching it on the US Amazon Prime).

Loving it with the sound bar turned on under the TV. They are in Switzerland in the supercars....you may remember what happened to Hammond. Also loving it as we spent five years in Switzerland before returning to New Jersey last year.....we have driven on these roads, this part was filmed in north east Switzerland....the scenery is gorgeous
I watched it last night as well, the same thing happened last year with us being able to watch it on Thursday nights.

I thought it was a damn fine return to form - back to a set location with races and car challenges, stars driving laps on a track again. I can only imagine season 1 was hamstrung by contract issues with the BBC, which are now resolved/expired. The montage showed a few promising segments to come as well, looks like we'll get more cheap car challenges, May racing cars against people on non-powered wheels.

Great stuff.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it last night after the Falcons Saints game.

Great opener, definitely whet the appetite for the following episodes!
Old Dec 8th 2017, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Watched it last night after the Falcons Saints game.
Hmmmmmmmmm! I am the only Saints fan in LA!! FFS
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

The Saints have fans? Who knew?

As for TGT, the boys' harshest critic said to me after watching this, 'They were back to their old form. I don't know, perhaps they were trying too hard in the first season!'.

I tend to agree, and now we have her seal of approval, looking forward to next Thursday!
Old Dec 9th 2017, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

That episode of the Grand Tour last night could easily have been an old Top Gear. Thought the film was great, liked the head to head racing, the banter in the studio was back to their best, ditched the shit like brain crash and the American. Can’t wait for the rest of the season.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Very excited for the episode/film they shot in Colorado. I do wish they would just put all 11 episodes up at once so I could binge on it on my flight back to the UK in a couple of weeks!
Old Dec 10th 2017, 10:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
That episode of the Grand Tour last night could easily have been an old Top Gear. Thought the film was great, liked the head to head racing, the banter in the studio was back to their best, ditched the shit like brain crash and the American. Can’t wait for the rest of the season.
I gave up on season 1 after 2 episodes, but this was far better. Looking forward to more.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nutek
I gave up on season 1 after 2 episodes, but this was far better. Looking forward to more.
Any reason you didn't think much to season 1? I'll admit it wasn't the greatest but I felt it was worth a watch. The episode where they buy the old Maserati's and the coral stuff in the Caribbean was pretty funny.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason you didn't think much to season 1? I'll admit it wasn't the greatest but I felt it was worth a watch. The episode where they buy the old Maserati's and the coral stuff in the Caribbean was pretty funny.
I made it though ten episodes, always hoping it would get better, it didn't, and the cringe-worthy bits just seemed to get ever more cringe-worthy as the season dragged on.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:55 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason you didn't think much to season 1?
Every single thing that happened in, or had anything to do with, the "tent". Painful to watch. Just tragic.

The guy driving around the (awful) track, complaining (what WAS that about)? He was on both weeks so I assume that was a "feature"?
Old Dec 11th 2017, 2:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
I agree, and the 'coming this season' montage looked promising as well.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I agree, and the 'coming this season' montage looked promising as well.
Yep.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:32 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched S2 Ep1.
Enjoyed it, can't belive Hammond wrecked anorther car.
Can't imagain the insurance company was happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.