Reload this Page >

Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

florida cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Hello all you fellow brits.

Anybody live near Tampa Florida, Wesley Chapel to be exact?

Been here 3 years but new to this site.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:04 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

I'm also in Wesley Chapel.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I'm also in Wesley Chapel.
Hey Tinaflorida, nice to hear from you, cant beleive there are only 2 of us in WC. What part of England are you from?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Ray's in Tampa, if you're lucky he'll show you his pale butt in the swimming pool.

I'm in Miami just in case you head this way...
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:16 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florida cat
Hello all you fellow brits.

Anybody live near Tampa Florida, Wesley Chapel to be exact?

Been here 3 years but new to this site.

I'm not too far away from you at WC, about 15 mins on 54 from 75,
out towards 301.

Lived in Tampa for 18 months too before moving out here into the country.
I met a coiple of Brits since I've been here which is 5 years, one moved to Colorado a couple of years back.
There's probably more of us here than we realise, but I'd say a lot are retired.
I'm new to the site too, only discovered it today.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Ray's in Tampa, if you're lucky he'll show you his pale butt in the swimming pool.

I'm in Miami just in case you head this way...
I dont like pale butts...thats why i moved to Florida. I just love the sunshine all year round.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:32 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Tinaflorida, nice to hear from you, cant beleive there are only 2 of us in WC. What part of England are you from?
I grew up in Bournemouth, then lived in various spots in/around London before moving to Tampa. How about you?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

I over the other side in Largo, just north of Saint Petersurg. I've been here nearly 6 years, and too am new to the site . WC is that like New Tampa?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Floridared
I over the other side in Largo, just north of Saint Petersurg. I've been here nearly 6 years, and too am new to the site . WC is that like New Tampa?
Sort of New Tampa but we are still in Pasco County. I think it used to be just fields but now it is expanding in all directions.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I grew up in Bournemouth, then lived in various spots in/around London before moving to Tampa. How about you?
I am from Cumbria way up North, lived on the coast, with the blustering North sea breeze. Thats why I love the sunshine so much. Went back in March and couldnt beleive it was soooo cold.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:19 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of New Tampa but we are still in Pasco County. I think it used to be just fields but now it is expanding in all directions.
Absolutely right it used to be just fields. In 2001, a lot of the stuff that's now in Wesley Chapel wasn't even there, it was a small place. Just cow pastures and small unpaved roads.
What a difference a few years makes. If it had carried on at the pace it was going in 2005, it would have been built out to to Tampa by 2012
Pasco was listed as one of the fastest growing counties (population wise) in the US a couple of years back.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the area - out Brandon/Riverview way in the 'burbs.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Absolutely right it used to be just fields. In 2001, a lot of the stuff that's now in Wesley Chapel wasn't even there, it was a small place. Just cow pastures and small unpaved roads.
What a difference a few years makes. If it had carried on at the pace it was going in 2005, it would have been built out to to Tampa by 2012
Pasco was listed as one of the fastest growing counties (population wise) in the US a couple of years back.
Fast growing county - just a shame the roads south into Tampa haven't kept up....
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan725
Fast growing county - just a shame the roads south into Tampa haven't kept up....
Wait 'til they start making Bruce B Downs into an 8 laner, then everyone living in New tampa will have a proper nightmare for 18 months! People will be complaining about the roads even more then they do now.

Its no worse than at home, if the infrastucture was made to be in place before they built the develoments then we wouldn't have half of the probs. A lot of the people that complained about the roads, moved to a new development of 500 houses or more, which only added to the existing traffic on the roads that weren't able to cope with it. Takes years to catch up.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Takes years to catch up.
Similar down this way to be honest - but I generally drive in reverse to the folks heading up North on 75 at the end of the day, and shudder at the sight of the jam. Till I get South of I-4, then I shudder at the sight of the jam going my way towards Brandon.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.