Old Jan 31st 2018, 1:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karma

Originally Posted by Nutek
Or for stabbing the kidneys out of your pie and dropping them into the trash. .....

Steak and Ale however... yum.
The only thing wrong with a steak and ale pie is that it is missing a certain something.
I've covered this before, but to reiterate, when you unzip an animal (after peeling it), anything that falls out of the inside is garbage and should be treated as such.
You don't know much about anatomy if you think that kidneys, or indeed liver and heart, "fall out" when you unzip the animal. The kidneys especially are securely attached in place, near the spine, from where they can be carefully harvested.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 31st 2018 at 1:27 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 1:42 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Pastry lid goes without saying, n'est pas?

Otherwise it would be considered as a quiche?

Negative karma reduced
A quiche has to have eggs, doesn't it?

Though, a Shepherd's Pie has no pastry at all, and I think it gets a pass because they're the dog's bollocks.

I've covered this before, but to reiterate, when you unzip an animal (after peeling it), anything that falls out of the inside is garbage and should be treated as such.
I do love your turn of phrase.

That being said, steak n' kidney is a decent pie. I do prefer steak and ale, or steak and Guinness though. Chicken pot pie is the shit as well, but if you try put a pea anywhere near it I'll stab you.

On the sweet side, it's hard to beat good old apple pie with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 1:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

On the sweet side, it's hard to beat good old apple pie with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm.
Or a very nice bit of Wensleydale cheese with a cold apple pie.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 1:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Or a very nice bit of Wensleydale cheese with a cold apple pie.
Wallace, is that you?
Old Jan 31st 2018, 1:59 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You don't know much about anatomy if you think that kidneys, or indeed liver and heart, "fall out" when you unzip the animal. The kidneys especially are securely attached in place, near the spine, from where they can be carefully harvested.
I would also include all the items you are able to scoop out after flipping it over to unzip it. A bit like the method you might use if (when?) making a canoe out of it.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:05 pm
I have a comma problem

I would also include all the items you are able to scoop out after flipping it over to unzip it. A bit like the method you might use if (when?) making a canoe out of it.
And I thought they smelled bad ... on the outside.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

"Scoop out"?

You need a very sharp knife, of a good length, and a fair bit of skill and experience to eviscerate a large mammal. It's also best done outdoors and/or where the floor can be hosed-down.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:12 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Scoop out"?

You need a very sharp knife, of a good length, and a fair bit of skill and experience to eviscerate a large mammal. It's also best done outdoors and/or where the floor can be hosed-down.
I don't think Nutek is being 100% serious here.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought they smelled bad ... on the outside.
Yes, or making a sleeping bag.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:13 pm

I don't think Nutek is being 100% serious here.
When am I ever anything but serious?
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:15 pm
I have a comma problem

Yes, or making a sleeping bag.

When am I ever anything but serious?
You got me. OK, as you were.

I will say though, much as people rail against offal, a nice bit of liver and onions is really bloody good. Haven't had it in ages (mostly because I'm the only person in my house who eats liver and kidney), but my mum used to make it all the time with spuds and gravy. Ohh, the nostalgia.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I will say though, much as people rail against offal, a nice bit of liver and onions is really bloody good. Haven't had it in ages (mostly because I'm the only person in my house who eats liver and kidney), but my mum used to make it all the time with spuds and gravy. Ohh, the nostalgia.

That's how I make it, as well. Like the liver on the medium side, not bloody but pink, lots of onions, mashed spuds and gravy.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:21 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Rete
That's how I make it, as well. Like the liver on the medium side, not bloody but pink, lots of onions, mashed spuds and gravy.
It's underrated as a meal. Plus liver used to be dirt cheap (probably still is) too so you get a slap up dinner for bargain prices. I think me and my mum were the only ones that ate liver though, I know my sister doesn't like it but I can't remember if my dad did. Oh well.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:26 pm

I just don't want to eat anything that had a primary purpose of straining piss.
Fortunately, evolution has seen to it that all of the tasty parts are on the outside and easily accessible.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:31 pm
I have a comma problem

I just don't want to eat anything that had a primary purpose of straining piss.
Fortunately, evolution has seen to it that all of the tasty parts are on the outside and easily accessible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.