Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Jake the Peg - Rolf Harris

Jake the Peg - Rolf Harris

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jake the Peg - Rolf Harris

I remember this from when I was a kid. It's still funny!

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:03 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jake the Peg - Rolf Harris

Can't wait for the kids to get home to show them that. Used to love Rolf Harris....still do in fact.A few years back when I was doing quite a bit of sailing we had a strict rotation of choice of CD's. Mine was normally a Rolf Harris, which at the beginning of a trip would come close to getting me keelhauled, but by the end, would be in regular request from the rest of the crew!

Did you see those programs where he was doing a portrait of the Queen? Highly recommend if you haven't seen them. One of my favorite Aussies ever (although to be fair, its a short list!)
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Jake the Peg - Rolf Harris

You're disturbing my Stylophone Practice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VvcOHi2E8

See if you remember the bove Rolf "Public Information" short film.

Jim.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Feb 2nd 2011 at 2:31 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:34 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just found my old stylophone when we were going thru some boxes in mums attic last time back.....god, I hadn't realized how annoying they were when I was a kid!!

Not Rolf, but along the same lines as his video.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ViJp6Q_eE&NR=1
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:27 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Rolf Harris Rules

Used to love watching Rolf Harris with his quick drawings.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

I got DH and Bro a Stylophone for Christmas this year, they still come in the same boxes and look the same, but they come with a lead for the computer now!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:41 am

They still sell them? Wow - think you've just sorted out my sons and my birthday presents - stylophone for him, earplugs for me
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:44 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

His "Let me Abos go loose, Bruce" line in Tie Me Kangaroo Down has aged less well.

I saw Rolf in 2004 at a festival, he was a good laugh.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
I got DH and Bro a Stylophone for Christmas this year, they still come in the same boxes and look the same, but they come with a lead for the computer now!
As used on "Space Oddity" by David Bowie, no less:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/articl...inspired-.html
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
They still sell them? Wow - think you've just sorted out my sons and my birthday presents - stylophone for him, earplugs for me
in the Uk its the web site is i want one of those or something similar I got them from a shop that opens in November and closes after Christmas selling similar useless tat! Dont think DH even got his out the box, if I can find it you can have it!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:51 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by discoviking
I remember this from when I was a kid. It's still funny!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GS-itkO9i...layer_embedded
used on the maple leaf expat forum months back.....its hilarious-but 50's comedy was pretty lame....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:35 pm

But at least you knew that live meant live....like when he forgot the words!

Nowadays 'live' often seems to mean recorded in a studio before a live audience but with multiple retakes edited together to make it look good. Can always remember a friend years ago saying she'd been to a recording of "Whose line is it anyway?" and it took them over 6 hours to record a half hour show so the comedians had time to think of a "spontaneous" funny......