Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Jahi McMarth - how do you deal with such issues?

Jahi McMarth - how do you deal with such issues?

Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jahi McMarth - how do you deal with such issues?

Originally Posted by Casual Observer
When one understands the point he was trying to make without using politically incorrect language then statistically yes it does. It means the rest of us are paying for other peoples feckless behavior. Some people are ok with that others are not.
Alright, so let's be politically incorrect here. She's a black woman with multiple children with multiple surnames. Therefore she's somehow feckless and probably uninsured.

Again, how does her having children with different surnames change whether she was insured or not? From everything I have seen and read the mother was insured and the child had the operation under insurance.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw no mention of Insurance, I may have missed it.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Again, how does her having children with different surnames change whether she was insured or not? From everything I have seen and read the mother was insured and the child had the operation under insurance.
The mother certainly has stated she was insured. However, I saw something a while back - can't find a link now - that said that neither parent had employer-provided health insurance and that the "insurance" was likely a reference to the fact that insurance companies administer at least part of the Medi-Cal program.

Not sure why this is relevant though.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, so let's be politically incorrect here. She's a black woman with multiple children with multiple surnames. Therefore she's somehow feckless and probably uninsured.

You make a lot of assumptions which I shall leave to one side.

I do not see where it was ever stated that it changed her insurance status.
As for insurance paying the mother has 4 children with 4 different surnames, not saying she wasn't working or wasnt insured but it does make one wonder about how much insurance she did have.
Statistically a person with 4 children with 4 different surnames is likely not to have changed their names by deed poll or adoption but by having conceived the 4 children with 4 different partners who may or may not have been partners in the traditional sense.

Again statistically they are more likely to be uninsured or insured at public expense than not.

Even in the USA it would be unusual although not unheard of to see a person hop from marriage to marriage and have children with 4 partners and be in a stable environment with company sponsored health care.

However, the bell curve would suggest a certain insurance profile for the person described.

It is not a difficult concept to follow unless one is riding a hobby horse in which case I would totally understand the difficulty in keeping up.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

When one understands the point he was trying to make without using politically incorrect language then statistically yes it does. It means the rest of us are paying for other peoples feckless behavior. Some people are ok with that others are not.
Feckless for having kids? Or fat kids? Or being black?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Feckless for having kids? Or fat kids? Or being black?
No idea I didn't state any of those perhaps you could ask the poster who did.

Alright, so let's be politically incorrect here. She's a black woman with multiple children with multiple surnames. Therefore she's somehow feckless and probably uninsured. .
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... However, the bell curve would suggest a certain insurance profile for the person described.

It is not a difficult concept to follow unless one is riding a hobby horse in which case I would totally understand the difficulty in keeping up.
Congratulations for jumping into the hornets' nest with both feet!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 16th 2014 at 1:23 am.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sally is having difficulty following while riding her hobby horse.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy was not the one referring to feckless behaviour.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:25 am

CO was completely and explicitly clear that the feckless behaviour he referred to was "failing to provide a stable family environment for her children". That is not a race issue, and is a criticism stands irrespective of the ethnicity of the mother.

He was not critical of the number of children, nor did he mention their ethnicity or weight. You'd have to be some sort of race-obsessed bigot to reach such a conclusion from what he wrote.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 16th 2014 at 1:32 am.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
CO was completely and explicitly clear that the feckless behaviour he referred to was "failing to provide a stable family environment for her children".

He was not critical of the number of children, nor did he mention their ethnicity or weight. You'd have to be some sort of race-obsessed bigot to reach such a conclusion from what he wrote.
Yeah I was asking he meant by 'statistically yes it does' in this post:

So statistically what is it that makes her feckless (seeing as you know it all)?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:35 am

The majority (I would say "large majority") of women who have four children with different surnames have not provided a stable environment to raise their children.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

So statistically what is it that makes her feckless (seeing as you know it all)?
Alright, so let's be politically incorrect here. She's a black woman with multiple children with multiple surnames. Therefore she's somehow feckless and probably uninsured. .
My apologies I was under the impression that as a British Expat forum then English would be the first language of most people.

I shall take more care in future.

My post was gender and race neutral.

Feckless used in the context that I did is in relation to people who make poor choices in life that lead to them becoming reliant upon others for their well being. That is a political point by definition and one that people will hold opposing viewpoints on. People are quite capable of behaving in a stupid fashion regardless of their sex or race.

That may or may not be the case of the subject of this thread. It is contextually, however very relevant to the underlying theme of the much wider problem which is healthcare and how it is funded. The questions raised touch much broader issues than the individual case itself.

I have no problem debating the issues but find it is usually more helpful if posts are not taken out of context and words inserted where they did not exist.

Statistics are along with claims experience what Insurers base their rates on which results in the premiums that you and I pay.

You can find lots of statistics here http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/

Happy reading - but I will kind of give a spoiler alert. They are very dry and deal in fact as opposed to emotional bias and self interest - you might find they do not provide the happy ending you were seeking

Last edited by Casual Observer; Jan 16th 2014 at 3:01 am. Reason: to correct typos made by me and not some mythical black woman
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The majority (I would say "large majority") of women who have four children with different surnames have not provided a stable environment to raise their children.
And Obama complains when we see said fathers walking down the street and that we lock our car doors, given the the statistics? ho hum?

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Jan 16th 2014 at 3:03 am.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
And Obama complains when we see said fathers walking down the street and that we lock our car doors, given the the statistics.
And you can tell how many kids a man has by looking at him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.