Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 8:48 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Originally Posted by Leslie
Aaawww. Chins up!!! At least you have Trump to keep you warm at night. He can cuddle you and give a kiss to the tops of your little heads. He can even breast feed you. Both. At the same time.
He kind of lost me last night. It's very, well, bizarre.... Fascinating to watch.

Lion in Winter - you asked me about free speech. Free speech at all costs! And "hate speech"... who gets to define what is hate speech?

I think I'd struggle to fit into the UK now, if ever I were so inclined to move back. With my libertarian world-view so ingrained, I think I'd have a conniption fit.

Idiocy like the persecution of Mark Meechan and the "Nazification" of his girflriend's pug.

Or 35-year old Kevin Crehan - jailed for a year for leaving bacon sandwiches on the steps of a mosque. He committed suicide half-way through his sentence. Alledgedly bullying from Muslim inmates that drove him to it.

Contrast with the case of Suleman Maknojioa, 40, an imam convicted of sexually molesting an 11-year old girl. He got a suspended sentence.

Is this where we are headed? Is it, Leslie? Is it?
Is it, Lion in Winter? Is this what you want?

First they came for Blazing Saddles. But I didn't care for Mel Brooks, so I said nothing...
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 8:51 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Much much longer:

Mind your language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhd1IqNM3M8
I loved that guy. He was in "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum". Another un-PC show.
Had its moments. I loved Windsor Davis.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 8:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
He kind of lost me last night. It's very, well, bizarre.... Fascinating to watch.

Lion in Winter - you asked me about free speech. Free speech at all costs! And "hate speech"... who gets to define what is hate speech?

I think I'd struggle to fit into the UK now, if ever I were so inclined to move back. With my libertarian world-view so ingrained, I think I'd have a conniption fit.

Idiocy like the persecution of Mark Meechan and the "Nazification" of his girflriend's pug.

Or 35-year old Kevin Crehan - jailed for a year for leaving bacon sandwiches on the steps of a mosque. He committed suicide half-way through his sentence. Alledgedly bullying from Muslim inmates that drove him to it.

Contrast with the case of Suleman Maknojioa, 40, an imam convicted of sexually molesting an 11-year old girl. He got a suspended sentence.

First they came for Blazing Saddles. But I didn't care for Mel Brooks, so I said nothing...
Don't drag me into it. I'm glad the Nazis marched and spouted their nonsense.

An interesting outcome of this Trump shit show ... I now respect, and feel a common cause, with many conservatives that used to drive me bat-shit crazy. The enemy of my enemy, etc.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved that guy. He was in "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum". Another un-PC show.
Had its moments. I loved Windsor Davis.
I am trying to think of one that would pass the test nowadays, another favourite:

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:08 am
Peace onion

Good grief. Those haircuts. How on earth could they have thought that looked good?

Leslie, you are the sunshine angel of these boards. We all love you. Dearly.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. Those haircuts. How on earth could they have thought that looked good?

Leslie, you are the sunshine angel of these boards. We all love you. Dearly.
Still crazy after all these years.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:10 am
Peace onion

I am trying to think of one that would pass the test nowadays, another favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sxmZK3i4I0
Good Lord. I. Can't. Stop. Watching....
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:22 am
Account Closed

My memory has never been very good but this one came to mind.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 10:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Tew

Where did all that come from

All I said was that I wasn't going to lose any sleep over over a nazi being punched in the face by another member of the public, and that it blows my mind that armed nazis are marching in the streets of US towns. I likewise said they should not be prevented by the state from marching or spouting their garbage.

Your post is a straw man constructed from your fevered imagination. I'll take the bacon sandwich though.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:28 am
Account Closed

Why ESPN and Robert Lee are right (opinion) - CNN

(CNN)In the testosterone-laced world of sports, sometimes your name means everything. Think not? I've seen men beaten by mobs just for having the gall to scream out "let's go Cowboys" at an Eagles game. Think of all the racial epithets we've heard, of how one football player, Colin Kaepernick, silently taking a knee during the national anthem in personal protest of injustice in America has divided the nation.

Looks like CNN are doubling down.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:51 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Why ESPN and Robert Lee are right (opinion) - CNN

(CNN)In the testosterone-laced world of sports, sometimes your name means everything. Think not? I've seen men beaten by mobs just for having the gall to scream out "let's go Cowboys" at an Eagles game. Think of all the racial epithets we've heard, of how one football player, Colin Kaepernick, silently taking a knee during the national anthem in personal protest of injustice in America has divided the nation.

The Communists owners at ESPN/CNN know no barriers to what they will do, to spread their Frankfurt School.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

"Odd" that you missed this at the head of that article. Oh wait, it's Boiler:

"Roxanne Jones, a founding editor of ESPN Magazine and former vice president at ESPN, has worked as a producer, reporter and editor at the New York Daily News and The Philadelphia Inquirer. Jones is co-author of "Say it Loud: An Illustrated History of the Black Athlete." She talks politics, sports and culture weekly on Philadelphia's 900AM-WURD. The views expressed here are solely hers."

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 24th 2017 at 5:25 am.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:31 am
WTF?

CNN is taking away all of my freedoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

CNN Fake news! Amazon Washington Post! Failing New York Times! Bwaah. bwaah
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Do not worry, we are here for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.