Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How to care for dog with terminal cancer?

How to care for dog with terminal cancer?

Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:33 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to care for dog with terminal cancer?

hugs Elvira, they're not just pets, they're family. Glad she was with you and your boys. x
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Elvira and TruBrit;

So sorry to hear the sad news from both of you. TruBrit: I sent you an email this morning.

I'm thinking of both of you. Tara
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:21 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Myra - RIP

Originally Posted by Elvira
Just an update as I cannot write to everyone who has asked individually:

Myra died peacefully in my arms this morning, with two of my sons by my side.

She was a really special lady.
I'm so sorry to hear that she has died...never easy, even when you are anticipating it.
I am glad that you were with her though, and able to hold her.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP Myra, so sorry to hear about your loss Elvira...all the very best to you and the boys. our pets really do break our hearts

BTW huge thanks to all the genuine peeps put there who have sent me lovely emails/karma messages and PM's and who have just generally responded on this thread......it really has helped me more than you could imagine.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:25 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear the news Elvira and Tru-brit..

you both have my deepest sympathy..
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Myra - RIP

Originally Posted by Elvira
Just an update as I cannot write to everyone who has asked individually:

Myra died peacefully in my arms this morning, with two of my sons by my side.

She was a really special lady.
Im so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss love. Pets really do become part of the family dont they - remember that she died in the arms of the ones that she cherished the most, you and the boys.....hugs and kisses to you and the family elvira.

Thinking of you and crying as I write this. Take care of yourself and the boys during this very difficult period. Love you.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:07 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

My deepest sympathies to Elvira and also Tru Brit for their recent losses. As some of you may know, I lost my sweet Andie just 3 weeks ago today, so I can fully understand what you are both going through.

Mark bought me a book that has helped me very much to cope with Andie's passing. It deals with all stages of grief, and just really emphasizes that what I'm feeling and going through emotionally are completely normal and justified: Grieving the Death of a Pet by Betty J. Carmack

Take the time you need to grieve. Don't let anyone tell you they were "just pets" -- they were more than that. You loved them and they loved you; it doesn't matter what species they were.

~ Jenney