Hello You Lot!!

Old Sep 14th 2022, 10:10 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Hello You Lot!!

Forgive me BE for my sins it has been years since my last confession post.

So nice to see so many familiar names still lurking around. I can’t believe it’s been 14 years since we moved to Texas and 13 1/2 since my first “why is the bread crap” post. It’s still crap, the more things change and all that…

Hubby is on his 3rd US job after a layoff in 2020, I‘m still identifying as a Trailing Spouse. Our 10 year old has grown up, graduated college, got a job and moved out, and we have moved from Houston to San Antonio. We are on our 4th president, we became citizens, survived a pandemic and sadly we have lost 2 parents and a Queen.

So, how is everyone? What have you all been up to? Is there a BE discount code for a new Mazda or something? Did that one guy who wanted to move to Florida because he really likes Disney ever make it? What have I missed?
Old Sep 15th 2022, 12:05 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello You Lot!!

I joined well after you moved to Texas but since no one yet has responded I will. I once lived in Texas and I found as you do that American bread is awful, I found the people very welcoming to outsiders. Texas and Tennessee are places where I lived in the US and both places had many wonderful attractions to them. We now live in Hungary so I have no current information.
Old Sep 15th 2022, 5:12 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for saying Hello. It would have been nice if my hubby’s new job was in another state and not just 3 1/2 hours away from where we lived before, I’d quite fancy a change of scenery. Maybe not quite ready for another country since kiddo only moved out in April and I’m still getting used to that.

I had my first scorpion in the house yesterday so even after 14 years there’s still something new to experience eek!
Old Sep 15th 2022, 8:07 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Thanks for saying Hello. It would have been nice if my hubby’s new job was in another state and not just 3 1/2 hours away from where we lived before, I’d quite fancy a change of scenery. Maybe not quite ready for another country since kiddo only moved out in April and I’m still getting used to that.

I had my first scorpion in the house yesterday so even after 14 years there’s still something new to experience eek!

The scorpion is bad enough but wait until you encounter a tarantula spider in your house. We had one appear in our garage.
Old Sep 15th 2022, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me BE for my sins it has been years since my last confession post.

So nice to see so many familiar names still lurking around. I can’t believe it’s been 14 years since we moved to Texas and 13 1/2 since my first “why is the bread crap” post. It’s still crap, the more things change and all that…

Hubby is on his 3rd US job after a layoff in 2020, I‘m still identifying as a Trailing Spouse. Our 10 year old has grown up, graduated college, got a job and moved out, and we have moved from Houston to San Antonio. We are on our 4th president, we became citizens, survived a pandemic and sadly we have lost 2 parents and a Queen.

So, how is everyone? What have you all been up to? Is there a BE discount code for a new Mazda or something? Did that one guy who wanted to move to Florida because he really likes Disney ever make it? What have I missed?
Hey lady!

Glad to see you on here again and sorry we didn't get to meet up again before we left Texas.

Are you getting used to SA? Well aside from the scorpion incident ...but at least you are further away from TS/Hurricane weather!!! Bonus
Spoiler:
Poster formerly known as Sugarmooma
Old Sep 16th 2022, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we are still in Texas but planning on our escape by 2024. One to get away from the God-awful place and it looks like the only way we will get our kids to leave is by leaving the country! 🤣😂 That is actually almost true. Our son, daughter and granddaughter are still actively resident. Son by choice, he is very comfortable in his cave of a room and our daughter through the economic choice brought on by Covid, single parenthood and a part-time job that is actually a full-time job! DH is still with the same company he started with, so we have been very lucky in that respect. While we know the grass is definitely not any greener in the UK, we are looking forward to our new adventure in Scotland. Doing a look-see trip next year, (something we didn't do here as we were only going to be here for 14 months) and our youngest daughter will be coming with us for 10 days, to show her husband where she spend the 1st eleven years of her life. Son is looking to move out of State because Austin is too expensive and our eldest daughter might follow us back to the UK as she doesn't want her daughter to be brought up in a country that is becoming more like the Handmaid's tale by the day.
Looking at my Stats, I started posting here in Dec 2002. You will notice the board seems to be a little quieter than it use to be.
Old Sep 16th 2022, 8:32 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, scorpions. Got bitten twice in Mexico because they had crawled into the legs of my jeans while they were hanging on a chair overnight.

Anyway, glad all is well.
Old Sep 16th 2022, 1:49 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
The scorpion is bad enough but wait until you encounter a tarantula spider in your house. We had one appear in our garage.
Someone on Facebook said the same thing. I’m not sure I’ll survive that encounter, you’ll hear me scream in Hungary!
Old Sep 16th 2022, 1:53 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
Hey lady!

Glad to see you on here again and sorry we didn't get to meet up again before we left Texas.

Are you getting used to SA? Well aside from the scorpion incident ...but at least you are further away from TS/Hurricane weather!!! Bonus
Spoiler:
Poster formerly known as Sugarmooma

Hello lovely, so far so good. It’s still hot as hell and I don’t think it rains here which gives the grass a lovely crispy yellow look haha!

Wish we were up ‘narf like you, although I might change my mind when I see you scraping your windshield in winter.
Old Sep 16th 2022, 2:04 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by jjmb
Well, we are still in Texas but planning on our escape by 2024. One to get away from the God-awful place and it looks like the only way we will get our kids to leave is by leaving the country! 🤣😂 That is actually almost true. Our son, daughter and granddaughter are still actively resident. Son by choice, he is very comfortable in his cave of a room and our daughter through the economic choice brought on by Covid, single parenthood and a part-time job that is actually a full-time job! DH is still with the same company he started with, so we have been very lucky in that respect. While we know the grass is definitely not any greener in the UK, we are looking forward to our new adventure in Scotland. Doing a look-see trip next year, (something we didn't do here as we were only going to be here for 14 months) and our youngest daughter will be coming with us for 10 days, to show her husband where she spend the 1st eleven years of her life. Son is looking to move out of State because Austin is too expensive and our eldest daughter might follow us back to the UK as she doesn't want her daughter to be brought up in a country that is becoming more like the Handmaid's tale by the day.
Looking at my Stats, I started posting here in Dec 2002. You will notice the board seems to be a little quieter than it use to be.
We might have considered heading home to Scotland had it not been for kiddo (our only one). He loves it here and never wants to leave, but he only started working in January and moved out in April, I wasn’t quite ready to leave him here on his own, then hubby was offered a new job in May so here we are in San Antonio and he is in Houston having his first taste of living on his own (he stayed home for college).

The boards are definitely a bit quieter but I do keep up with some of the old crowd on Facebook.
Old Sep 16th 2022, 2:08 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Ugh, scorpions. Got bitten twice in Mexico because they had crawled into the legs of my jeans while they were hanging on a chair overnight.

I have a UV black light and scorpion killer ordered and I’m shaking out shoes and clothes like a nutter. I’m also going to have a crick in my neck from walking around scanning the floor. I’m paranoid about where the cats are at all times. I’m hoping the initial fright will wear off in a few weeks and I’ll be back to complacency….until the next time LOL
Old Sep 16th 2022, 9:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

Does one get bitten by a scorpion? They sting, no?
Old Sep 16th 2022, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out the River walk? I like spending time there whenever I am in San Antonio. I have been several times as the military has their annual all service medical convention in San Antonio more than any other location.
Old Sep 18th 2022, 2:40 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Chocolatebabz!
Good to see you back. What's your favourite part? Have you been to the missions?
still in Austin and also an empty nester a I really like River Walk/Pearl area and the vibe in SA is very different than in Austin. I come to SA a fair bit for work so maybe one of these days we can meet for coffee/beer.
Old Sep 19th 2022, 10:30 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Hey Chocolatebabz!
Good to see you back. What's your favourite part? Have you been to the missions?
still in Austin and also an empty nester a I really like River Walk/Pearl area and the vibe in SA is very different than in Austin. I come to SA a fair bit for work so maybe one of these days we can meet for coffee/beer.
That would be lovely, we have visited San Antonio in the past so have done the riverwalk and Alamo. I am yet to get up to The Pearl for a look around, between hubby’s new job, the move and house hunting there hasn’t been much time to just get out and about but we will. I must put on my tourist hat and see what the place has to offer before we get a visitor from home demanding to be amused lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.