Harvey

Old Feb 20th 2018, 12:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by N1cky
That sounds like a much needed vacation, have a wonderful relaxing time
A sun lounger, a cold drink and relax
Old Feb 20th 2018, 2:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

While I haven't had to cope with what you have been through I think you have done well to get where you are now. With the amount of damage and numbers of properties involved I would have thought you would be struggling for supplies and labor even now.

Hopefully the stress and dealing with all of this is nearly over and a few cool beers, some cocktails and relaxing in the sun will re charge the batteries.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 3:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you are starting to see a larger circle of light at the end of the tunnel. As Lansbury mentioned, you've done well considering the scope of damage to thousands of homes. I've always found that the big box stores are one of the last resorts for employment for those with limited skills and that the stores themselves are out to make a buck, screw the consumer.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
While I haven't had to cope with what you have been through I think you have done well to get where you are now. With the amount of damage and numbers of properties involved I would have thought you would be struggling for supplies and labor even now.

Hopefully the stress and dealing with all of this is nearly over and a few cool beers, some cocktails and relaxing in the sun will re charge the batteries.
Supplies are very limited and because we are so rural we have little choice. It doesn't help either that it affected Houston as well. That has made an even bigger shortage of supplies.

As for labor, well we only used a contractor for the kitchen and the sheetrock. We were lucky as he is a friend's son in law. The rest of the work we have done our selves. I am a pretty good painter and an excellent righthand man! The biggest problem has been time! Coming home from work and then starting another 2 or 3 hours on remodeling gets pretty tiring. We have heard so many horror stories of people being rpiped off by fake companies that we kept away from offers of cheap help!

Let's just hope hurricane season is quiet this year