Harvey

Old Sep 1st 2017, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you don't mind me saying...that's typical of you C. Even though our own home is devastated...you are still thinking of others.

One day I will make it down to Texas. You and the 'lady in the blue dress' are on the top of me 'meet up' list.
..we will meet one day, for sure

The really bad thing is I can't help M as I am working to make sure the water systems in the area are safe. So working from 7.30 to 6pm every day and that includes the weekend and the holiday on Monday is not good.

The only good thing is I will have overtime and that will help replenish my underwear problem
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:27 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

To all our Houston friends ... I'm sorry that you are all going through this but so glad that you are all healthy and safe.

SM -- You're a super star. We all adore you.

Boiler -- Is it too much to ask that you at least wait until the water recedes before you start trolling this thread with your pro-Trump link dumps? It smacks of desperation.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly the scammers will not wait, same with Katrina.

Never posted anything pro Trump so confused about your comment.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:47 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Now get out and shop.

Oops...the stores are empty

You know the world may be coming to an end when Walmart closes it's doors at 4pm every
day
I haven't been near a shop, I stocked up last Thursday and we are still OK for a day or two, then the milk will run out and from what I hear from the neighbours it's being guarded by store staff. We now have access to the beltway so the trucks will be able to get through more easily today. Our neighbours went into brief panic mode yesterday looking for petrol. Minor inconveniences compared to the task you are facing. Remember to put out the call for help when you are ready for it xxx
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sadly the scammers will not wait, same with Katrina.

Never posted anything pro Trump so confused about your comment.
Please could we confine comments in this thread to support our BE friends who have been affected by the hurricane.

I've moved your post into a separate thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/trail...-scams-902759/
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful down there with the scammers. It's terrible enough with what happened to you guys, without people taking advantage of you.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 10:46 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

it just goes on and on.

This just shared on FB by french consulate
Voluntary Evacuation for Flooded Homes in West Houston

Water being released from Addicks-Barker reservoirs.... homes expected to remain flooded and without electricity for 9-10 days
Old Sep 1st 2017, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people in Irving took over an hour to get gas today. Live in TX may be painful for a while yet.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We rented a dumpster and it arrived today. It's already full

Floors and walls have been torn up and we have big shop fans blowing in every room.
When I leave for work in the morning I tell M not to do too much when I get home he has done way too much. Luckily our son in law will be able to help over the weekend and daughter has volunteered to start making the inventory list of everything we have lost. It will help me for the fact they can make sure M doesnt over do it while I am at work and also I have no time to do the list.

The smell is still bad and I feel like it stays with me constantly

On a less personal side there have been some dramatic rescues in my county today. We are not Houston so this is not televised but in a small community called Damon families were pulled to safety by boats and monster trucks after the breech of another levee. It is still happening every day and we are still waiting for some of the bayous around here to crest. It is going to take a long time for recovery.

I have been inundated with water samples to test, and already some are testing positive for ecoli. We spend all day telling people to wait for results before using their water and it is only going to get worse. We are very rural so lots of people have their own wells and septic systems. The septic systems all got washed away so of course there is a lot of contamination in all the standing water. This is the water getting in everyone's houses. This why my house is being disinfected with clorox!!
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 3:25 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Take care Sugarmooma.
Good old bleach! I'm a bit of bleach freak anyway...

In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing but Austin is almost out of petrol. Stations that still have some have queues down the road. Suddenly, I won't be such a weirdo riding my bike with a crate on the back!
look after yourselves down there .
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 6:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

..we will meet one day, for sure

The really bad thing is I can't help M as I am working to make sure the water systems in the area are safe. So working from 7.30 to 6pm every day and that includes the weekend and the holiday on Monday is not good.

The only good thing is I will have overtime and that will help replenish my underwear problem
What you need is a holiday somewhere far far away.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
What you need is a holiday somewhere far far away.
Would be nice Just a nice long trike ride would be more than welcome right now to relax.
Today has been a particular bad day.

As I said before I leave for work every morning and tell M to chill out until our help arrives. This morning I find him hauling the washer and dryer out of the laundry room. Some of you know he is probably going to have either a pace maker or defibrillator inserted soon. He is not supposed to be doing this stuff. I yelled at him, he got mad at me and said he didn't need any help.Not a great way to start the day!

Daughter and son in law to the rescue. SiL has a great way with people and he convinced M he needed to let him do the heavy work as long as M told him what to do. Daughter noticed the local Baptist Church were going door to door with a volunteer work crew so she got them to survey the damage and they started on the outside clear up and are coming back tomorrow
to help clear the garage. Next was the Catholic ladies.They cooked all day and tonight the four of us had a lovely meal with amazing deserts. My little town is really pulling together.

Even the bad smell is down a notch, or else I am so used to it I don't notice it so much.

The amusement of the day. Phone calls at work asking us how much do our free tests cost! We lost count of the times we were asked this.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice Just a nice long trike ride would be more than welcome right now to relax.

As I said before I leave for work every morning and tell M to chill out until our help arrives. This morning I find him hauling the washer and dryer out of the laundry room. Some of you know he is probably going to have either a pace maker or defibrillator inserted soon. He is not supposed to be doing this stuff. I yelled at him, he got mad at me and said he didn't need any help.Not a great way to start the day!

Daughter and son in law to the rescue. SiL has a great way with people and he convinced M he needed to let him do the heavy work as long as M told him what to do. Daughter noticed the local Baptist Church were going door to door with a volunteer work crew so she got them to survey the damage and they started on the outside clear up and are coming back tomorrow
to help clear the garage. Next was the Catholic ladies.They cooked all day and tonight the four of us had a lovely meal with amazing deserts. My little town is really pulling together.

Even the bad smell is down a notch, or else I am so used to it I don't notice it so much.

The amusement of the day. Phone calls at work asking us how much do our free tests cost! We lost count of the times we were asked this.
Glad to hear that M took advice from your SiL and let him do the heavy lifting. I can only imagine how the worry is adding to your stress right now. Thoughts with you, your family and all affected by this xx
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Must be so frustrating for M, not used to having to rely on others for stuff that used to be automatic. I imagine you're just used to the smell, but whatever works!!

Irritating that you can't help but you're doing a very much needed job so don't beat yourself up about it. It'll happen slowly but you will be all cleared and clean eventually. Massive hug hon. x
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to read your family have managed to reach you and that M is stepping down a little. As we are of a similar age I can relate to M vs my hubby...they think they are 25 and can do heavy work 20 hours a day...but they can't.

Sounds like you live in a great little community. Lots of cyber vibes from your BE community to stay strong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.