British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Harvey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/harvey-902439/)

Weeze Aug 24th 2017 7:44 pm

Harvey

Bunker on down TX.
Cat 3 when it hits Corpus and then holding over us for a while as a tropical storm. Some of my coastal friends are evacuating :(

Track the Gulf: Harvey now a hurricane | khou.com

BEVS Aug 24th 2017 10:26 pm

Re: Harvey

:ohmy:

Stay safe as you can over there people.

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 24th 2017 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Weeze (Post 12323876)
Bunker on down TX.
Cat 3 when it hits Corpus and then holding over us for a while as a tropical storm. Some of my coastal friends are evacuating :(

Track the Gulf: Harvey now a hurricane | khou.com

It's heading closer now mate. Are you leaving?

mrken30 Aug 24th 2017 11:59 pm

Just don't fly United. United pilot freaks out passengers with 'horrific' tornado warning | Fox News

Weeze Aug 25th 2017 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12323982)
It's heading closer now mate. Are you leaving?

Nope. Staying put. Should be tropical storm by the time it gets to us hopefully. School is still in for our district. Besides which, it's not that easy to get out and find somewhere to stay with two huge dogs and us plus the kids.

You staying put?

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 25th 2017 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Weeze (Post 12323995)
Nope. Staying put. Should be tropical storm by the time it gets to us hopefully. School is still in for our district. Besides which, it's not that easy to get out and find somewhere to stay with two huge dogs and us plus the kids.

You staying put?

Yep. We have to be available as soon as it is all over so if it gets really bad we can hunker down at the county courthouse. Besides the roads get crazy when they evacuate, it might be safer to stay put;)

Stay safe x

petitefrancaise Aug 25th 2017 12:07 am

cold beers and spare rooms available chez PF if you want to come my way Houston folks.

Weeze Aug 25th 2017 12:55 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12323997)
cold beers and spare rooms available chez PF if you want to come my way Houston folks.

You are sweet

Weeze Aug 25th 2017 12:55 am

The funniest thing I saw today was a lady panic buying huge Yankee candles.

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 25th 2017 1:02 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12323997)

Thanks for the offer.

petitefrancaise Aug 25th 2017 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Weeze (Post 12324017)
The funniest thing I saw today was a lady panic buying huge Yankee candles.

:rofl:

I have a dog and a rabbit but no kids this weekend. I meant the offer seriously if you need to get out and find somewhere to stay.

Weeze Aug 25th 2017 2:03 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12324031)
:rofl:

I have a dog and a rabbit but no kids this weekend. I meant the offer seriously if you need to get out and find somewhere to stay.

Our local sheriff office posted to say stay off the roads. More people get in trouble from being in their cars and driving through water than being in their houses round here I presume.

Lion in Winter Aug 25th 2017 2:23 am

For those of you in the path who have to stick it out.

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 25th 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12324038)
For those of you in the path who have to stick it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ

Perfect:thumbsup:

Owen778 Aug 25th 2017 2:29 am

We are still in Oregon for the eclipse, but booked to return on Saturday. We will decide what to do tomorrow. United are waiving flight change fee if return is Wednesday or earlier.

I only found out recently that it's the storm surge, not wind, that causes mandatory evacuations.

Looks like the biggest danger in Cypress will be the flooding, not the wind speed. There's an immense amount of rain forecast.