Halloween

Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:22 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween

New words in the lexicon I've been seeing of late:

gatekeeping
virtue signaling
gaslighting
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Just a warning about Thanksgiving food. It's generally been my experience that Americans just don't know any better, but they do weird things like mashed potatoes with turkey, instead of roast potatoes. And cranberry sauce with it. Sweet with savory... Bleurgh.

And they do these weird "salads", with pink stuff and marshmallow, and asparagus and bean casseroles. And cornbread. Who the heck wants cornbread.

Basically, they're good at cooking turkeys, but it's generally a B- to a good old British roast/Christmas dinner.

Just my opinion. They just don't know any better. Double so for "biscuits and gravy". That's just tasteless mush.
Thanksgiving dinners are not bad, they are a bit like a failed child's version of a Christmas dinner, as they learn. Just smile, and say how nice dear. Also good to get ahead of the game too, when the menu is being discussed (as sometimes happens, especially as family tends to bring bits of it along) talk people out of the bean casserole by suggesting how great their roast potatoes were three years ago. And just outright saying that marshmallows will not be tolerated.