Gun Ownership

Old May 5th 2017, 5:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gun Ownership

Originally Posted by civilservant
Archery is indeed fun too, and more skillful.
The slower moving arrow does punish inaccuracies a lot more, I can attest to that when shooting on an even slightly breezy day

But it's a bit cheaper, and arrows have the advantage of being reusable
Old May 5th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Archery is indeed fun too, and more skillful.
I found archery fun but not as fun. Felt like I was going back to being a kid and pretending to be Legolas from LOTR

IMO shooting I found to be more of a challenge as the distance increases. Sure if you're shooting from 50-150 yards out and you're scoped in, you've pretty much got the hit. But try shooting from long range, then the challenge begins.

Anyone here tried long range shooting or extended long range?
Old May 5th 2017, 7:28 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Felt like I was going back to being a kid and pretending to be Legolas from LOTR
I mean, that's dedication however you look at it. How did you manage the immortality though?

IMO shooting I found to be more of a challenge as the distance increases. Sure if you're shooting from 50-150 yards out and you're scoped in, you've pretty much got the hit. But try shooting from long range, then the challenge begins.

Anyone here tried long range shooting or extended long range?
Extended range for me is when I miss the target and have to walk an extra 50 feet to find my arrow
Old May 5th 2017, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I mean, that's dedication however you look at it. How did you manage the immortality though?
Haha I'm still working on it. Need to speak to Elrond for some help on that one. (geek alert)

Extended range for me is when I miss the target and have to walk an extra 50 feet to find my arrow
Archery is impressive. I don't have the arm strength for that sort of thing, so I'll stick with my nice and easy trigger squeeze
Old May 5th 2017, 7:36 pm
I have a comma problem

Haha I'm still working on it. Need to speak to Elrond for some help on that one. (geek alert)
I wish you luck.

Archery is impressive. I don't have the arm strength for that sort of thing, so I'll stick with my nice and easy trigger squeeze
All depends on the draw strength, of course. I haven't done it regularly in so long (these days only when I'm back home visiting and I can join in with my dad's club on a Sunday morning), so these days I borrow one of his bows with a 30-40 lb draw.

I read once that the longbows of old had a 140 lb draw strength though
Old May 5th 2017, 10:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYer
..... Here in Outer Whitelandia, there is barely any violent gun crimes.
Out beyond suburbia, gunfire is a daily fact of life, especially in the evenings and on weekends. We can hear pistols, rifles and shotguns from all directions. Someone within earshot apparently has some sort of fully automatic weapon.

As far as I know, none of the gunfire is criminal.
Old May 5th 2017, 10:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Someone within earshot apparently has some sort of fully automatic weapon
Completely legal with the appropriate BG check and paying the $200 ATF fee..

It's the same here, I live on the boundaries of a 50 acre hunting club - rifle fire is a daily part of life. You get used to it.
Old May 5th 2017, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Out beyond suburbia, gunfire is a daily fact of life, especially in the evenings and on weekends. We can hear pistols, rifles and shotguns from all directions. Someone within earshot apparently has some sort of fully automatic weapon.
Or perhaps a bump stock... which doesn't require a bunch of hoops to be jumped and is much more common.
Old May 6th 2017, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Opened the back door and there were 5 deer out there, the Security Dog was asleep on the couch.

More Javelin range.
Old May 6th 2017, 3:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Opened the back door and there were 5 deer out there, the Security Dog was asleep on the couch.

More Javelin range.
Deer come up close enough to our house that you could almost poke them with a javelin if you hold it at the end and reach out with it.
Old May 6th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I do enjoy the nature here. Even though I live in a city, I feel it's more on my doorstep than it was living in the suburbs of countryside in England.
Old May 6th 2017, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Security Dog seems more interested in Rabbits and Gophers, lots of digging opportunities.
Old May 8th 2017, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

One of our dogs will bark one or twice at deer but is pretty indifferent but goes crazy for bears one he gets a bear scent just take off.
Old May 8th 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter lost an arrow in the berm behind the target a few years ago. Found it while digging in the berm to put in a cascading water feature. Tip was a bit rusted but it was fine.
Old May 8th 2017, 3:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Anian
My daughter lost an arrow in the berm behind the target a few years ago. Found it while digging in the berm to put in a cascading water feature. Tip was a bit rusted but it was fine.
Was it a carbon fibre shaft? Those things go like stink, I almost put one right through the target boss last time I was shooting, when one of the club members kindly let me shoot an end with them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.