Guilty Pleasures

Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:26 pm
Guest21

Default Re: Guilty Pleasures

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
Q magazine has named 50 records we are too embarrassed to admit that we own - as reported here by the BBC:

http://tinyurl.com/flybd

Several of the feedback comments have made me exclaim with delight - because they're my cheesy favourites too (hidden away on my iPod)!

What's your favourite guilty pleasure song? I have several, but the most shameful is probably "I'm in the mood for dancing" by the Nolan Sisters

(should I get me coat?)
The best driving music in the world ABBA.

When I was a child I loved seasons in the son by Terry Jacks.
Under the moon of love Shawaddy waddy :scared: :scared:

Old Aug 8th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whiskers
The best driving music in the world ABBA.

When I was a child I loved seasons in the son by Terry Jacks.
Under the moon of love Shawaddy waddy :scared: :scared:
Oh Good Lord - I'd forgotten Shawaddy waddy - I used to have such a crush on the lead singer .

As for driving music - I often plug my iPod into my car stereo and singalong to all my cheesy favourites on the way to/from work (I've even created a genre called "singalong"!). My biggest fear is that someone will have hidden in the back of my car (I check behind the seats!).

I'm not worried that they'll hurt me - I'm worried that they'll hear me :scared:
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

I've just recalled (with some horror) that I own the soundtrack to Grease 2 ..... "Cool Rider" anyone?!
Okay, I believe we were separated at birth not only do I get sick pleasure from the cool rider scene in Grease 2 but also the calendar song. My dad gave me a CD that he got free with the Daily Mail last time I was home. I had it in the car the other day and had never listened to it so popped it in. The first track was the Nolan sisters, I'm in the mood for dancing...... I almost wet my pants with excitement as I had not heard it in donkeys, and was madly singing and driving along :
how about Bucks Fizz & Brotherhood of Man.... save all your kisses for me?
classic Eurovision song contest winners

Last edited by Tbag; Aug 8th 2006 at 11:01 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love Neil Diamond.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:57 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
nah, not that sad...mine followed me to singapore in '95, then here in '02. The sad thing is I haven't had a record deck since the end of '94......
Same here, I must invest in one, there's a superb record shop in Philly that sells secondhand Vinyl. The Sound of Philadelphia Baby
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
Okay, I believe we were separated at birth not only do I get sick pleasure from the cool rider scene in Grease 2 but also the calendar song. My dad gave me a CD that he got free with the Daily Mail last time I was home. I had it in the car the other day and had never listened to it so popped it in. The first track was the Nolan sisters, I'm in the mood for dancing...... I almost wet my pants with excitement as I had not heard it in donkeys, and was madly singing and driving along :
how about Bucks Fizz & Brotherhood of Man.... save all your kisses for me?
classic Eurovision song contest winners
Brotherhood of Man!!! I've got "Angelo" on the 'pod!

... running away together, running away forever - Angelo!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I absolutely love Neil Diamond.

Sweet Caroline is one of my all time favourite songs!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:17 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I have a load of vinyl, some I inherited and won't mention, I do have Iron Butterfly, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, I still love to play that with the phones to hear the phasing. I bought a TEAC rig so thet I can copy some of my vinyl onto CDs.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Caroline is one of my all time favourite songs!
Me too!!! Me too!!

I also get all misty at "Forever In Blue Jeans" .
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Me too!!! Me too!!

I also get all misty at "Forever In Blue Jeans" .
Hubby and I used to go to a pub in east london where I used to live - on Saturday nights they had a karaoke guy - but hardly anyone used to sing, so he did most of the singing.

We ALWAYS used to get him to sing Sweet Caroline for us!! He in fact sang it for me the night before I moved here
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:39 am
WTF?

Hubby and I used to go to a pub in east london where I used to live - on Saturday nights they had a karaoke guy - but hardly anyone used to sing, so he did most of the singing.

We ALWAYS used to get him to sing Sweet Caroline for us!! He in fact sang it for me the night before I moved here
I'm a shit singer but I'll do karaoke if I'm pissed enough.

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

I'm a shit singer but I'll do karaoke if I'm pissed enough.

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would

Ahhhhhh - happy days
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:02 am
WTF?

Ahhhhhh - happy days
Your karma ain't half empty.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:19 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne
I have to confess to owning The Best of Dusty Springfield. But thanks to Lala that is now winging it's way to some poor sod in CA. lolol

I also confess to owning several of the PetShops Boys CD's.
Holy crap, Batman... you finally got some poor sucker to take your Dusty Springfield on LaLa?!?

Congratulations!

Last edited by dbj1000; Aug 9th 2006 at 12:27 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:26 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
...Opeth, Meshuggah, Amon Amarth and a variety of other Viking metal (the 35 year old dad-of-two blasting death metal on his commute with the windows open on his Mazda and his corporate ID around his neck...yeah I'm that guy sometimes.)
And I thought it was only me being the rebellious 35-year-old-dad-of-two-with-corporate-ID blasting out obnoxious music on my commute...

Bollocks, I'm gutted.

At least I have the taste to stick to Mr. Oizo (remember Flat Eric the hand-puppet in the Levis ad?) and other obnoxious electronica

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.