Food Import (Again)

Old Dec 15th 2017, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Food Import (Again)

Sorry to regurgitate this one - It is my understanding that Haggis in particular, but British beef is due to be permitted for import as of January 2018.

Firstly, can anyone clarify this? Secondly I hope to import a personal amount of Scottish Lorne Sausage either on our next trip home or via the mail (Assuming we can come up with a plan to keep it cold).

I have spoken with CBP and all the other departments who can't give me a straight answer other than 'red meat and fish is permitted, poultry is not'.

Anyone?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 2:01 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food Import (Again)

If verified, I might be able to bring some decent bacon back from the UK. Although I will settle for half decent bacon (sealed), from any UK supermarket.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 3:14 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food Import (Again)

Originally Posted by notaclue
Sorry to regurgitate this one - It is my understanding that Haggis in particular, but British beef is due to be permitted for import as of January 2018.

Firstly, can anyone clarify this? Secondly I hope to import a personal amount of Scottish Lorne Sausage either on our next trip home or via the mail (Assuming we can come up with a plan to keep it cold).

I have spoken with CBP and all the other departments who can't give me a straight answer other than 'red meat and fish is permitted, poultry is not'.

Anyone?
I thought that was just a Canadian thing?

Scots haggis exports to Canada to resume after 46 years - BBC News

The haggis issue is that the U.S. won't allow the heart or the lung (can't remember which) to be in *any* meat import.

I make my own Lorne sausage. I can send you the recipe. I also make my own tattie scones, bridies, sausage rolls and tablet.