Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Good Ol' Days. :(

The Good Ol' Days. :(

Old Apr 10th 2017, 9:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Good Ol' Days. :(

In recent years we've had a series of eras where posts across many BE forums have been dominated by bickering and acrimony over the Scottish independence referendum, the British general election, the Brexit referendum, the US presidential election, and deportations are now the dish of the day, not to mention post-article 50 Brexit, and continued grousing about President Trump.

I am the only one who longs for the time when ten pages could be filled with discussion of laundry appliances, or Mrs HH's hernia-inducing clients.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 10th 2017 at 11:32 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 11:26 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good Ol' Days. :(

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In recent years we've had a series of eras where posts across many BE forums have been dominated by bickering and acrimony over the Scottish independence referendum, the British general election, the Brexit referendum, the US presidential election, and deportations are the dish of the day, not to mention post-article 50 Brexit, and continued grousing about President Trump.

I am the only one who longs for the time when ten pages could be filled with discussion of laundry appliances, or Mrs HH's hernia-inducing clients.
True... but I enjoyed the level of abuse being flung around on the Constitution thread. That reminded me of the funny, grubbier past.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:54 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I have come to the conclusion that there are several people on the constitution thread who are the sort of people who would buy a top loading washing machine.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I have come to the conclusion that there are several people on the constitution thread who are the sort of people who would buy a top loading washing machine.
Yes, I bought two toploading washing machines. So now i know what you think of me! Mind you, 95% of washing machines here are top loaders, so we don't have much choice.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you to mean that they are resolutely stuck in the past?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 5:03 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the "Tart of the Day" thread. That was always something to look forward to!

Ian
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I was going to make an obscure joke about wanting to buy a twin tub, but I thought I should check google first. I was amazed to find that twin tubs are actually available all over. Both in UK and US. When did that happen?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I was going to make an obscure joke about wanting to buy a twin tub, but I thought I should check google first. I was amazed to find that twin tubs are actually available all over. Both in UK and US. When did that happen?
I don't think they ever went away. I don't ever remember seeing one in a store though.
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I miss the "Tart of the Day" thread. That was always something to look forward to! .....
The Daily Meat Market?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
They are big sellers here in Philippines and cheap - you can buy one for about £70. mind you, you can't get much in them. Here's the cheapest i found;
https://www.abenson.com.ph/products/...gory2/6-7-kg-1
Old Apr 11th 2017, 2:58 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a few corkers over on the french forum. My favourite which had me crying with laughter, was the couple who had sex live online and taught others how to make money doing this. They were wondering about the appropriate business structure to set up!

I think JG managed to find the twitter account somehow with her scary moderator skills which further added to the hilarity....
Old Apr 11th 2017, 3:41 pm

I can see the French forum being busy this morning.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 3:47 pm

I can see the French forum being busy this morning.
Unless there has been more than one similar thread, the one PF cited was created a year or more ago IIRC.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 3:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Unless there has been more than one similar thread, the one PF cited was created a year or more ago IIRC.
crikey, was it really?

I ended up sending the guy my Toulouse accountant's details to help him with the legal/financial stuff. I would love to have seen Olivier's face once he realised what it was all about....
Old Apr 11th 2017, 4:17 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

No, we don't need more ****ing discussions about washing machines. The first one almost put the people who make Ambien out of business. We'll get a cease and desist if there's another one.

Mrs HH does need a revival though, that was a shitposting event to be remembered.

The Daily Meat Market?
We were sailing pretty close to the wind in that thread, I don't think we could ever really revive it without getting in some trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.