Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Getting married for a green card

Getting married for a green card

Old Nov 27th 2017, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting married for a green card

Originally Posted by lansbury
Any kids will be US citizens, so in the future a member of the Royal Family could become POTUS. Rather a crafty way to get the Septics back under UK control
And will have to file US federal tax returns for life.... could be interesting.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
And will have to file US federal tax returns for life.... could be interesting.
Question. Is a child born to one parent who is a USC oversea's automatically a USC or does citizenship have to be claimed?

Say they have kids, all born in the UK, do those kids have to claim (or their parents) the citizenship or does the IRS automatically consider them USC's for tax purposes?
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:13 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

A married USC parent living overseas can transmit US citizenship automatically to his/her baby...IF the USC parent has sufficient residence time--at least 5 years total on US soil with at least 2 of those years being after the age of 14 yrs. The USC parent goes to the US embassy in whatever country the baby's born in and registers the birth.

I was able to transmit my USC to my daughter born in France, as I had lived in the US for 5+ years as an adult. But she does not have enough years US residence to automatically transmit USC to her child born in the UK. As of now, she's a dual but the baby is only British.

(We're considering having her "use" my residence years [as the USC grandparent] to apply for naturalization for my grandchild as a USC--this is allowed under a special filing, the N600K. Big decision.)

Last edited by WEBlue; Nov 27th 2017 at 7:53 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:49 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

OTOH - Harry has sufficient money in his bank account for Meghan/Rachel to easily qualify for a spousal visa to live in the UK!

(I wonder if she will keep her US citizenship? I guess Harry is now so far removed from becoming King that there is no requirement to do so).

I’ve just seen the interview on the Sky News website....they look totally loved-up. She is beautiful, confident and strong and I hope they have a very long, happy life together! I also reckon she will fall pregnant soon after the wedding....Harry seems quite keen to settle down and have a family, just like his big brother
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Call me naive or ignorant but I really don’t get the point of the Royal Family. Maybe I’m just from the generation that really doesn’t give a shit about them or maybe I just genuinely do not know what they do for the UK.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:45 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, William lecturing us on overpopulation when they have three crotch goblins themselves...

What a curious turn of phrase: "fall pregnant". It sounds like you came down with something. Oh, Barbara? She fell ill.
What with?
A baby.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:46 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Call me naive or ignorant but I really don’t get the point of the Royal Family. Maybe I’m just from the generation that really doesn’t give a shit about them or maybe I just genuinely do not know what they do for the UK.
Well, they do the bidding of the Rothschilds. And sort of are figureheads. Although some believe they are Reptillians too.
I think the argument is they bring in tourists. That sort of thing.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Well, they do the bidding of the Rothschilds. And sort of are figureheads. Although some believe they are Reptillians too.
I think the argument is they bring in tourists. That sort of thing.
That was pretty much my first and only thought: tourism.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 11:03 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if they'll get a top or front loader
Old Nov 27th 2017, 11:43 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose Windsor Castle is in district for Eton?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:02 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Wonder if they'll get a top or front loader
Or a laundry maid. They can start a new topic and which sort of maid is best.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
It's legit. My sources are impeccable.

Who names their kind Megan Markle? Or Marla Maples?
It's a Spiderman name, for heaven's sake.
Soon to be Princess Meghan.... < stands back >
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:42 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Royal Family don't have passports. How will he get his CR-1?

Medical might be an issue when they ask about alcohol consumption.... didn't we have someone here who failed the medical for admitting he "likes a few drinks with the lads every weekend".

I've got the number of a good moving company if he needs it.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

I hope he’ll be spending the next few days on the phone to AmEx trying to get a credit card so his credit score can transfer over to here.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:04 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

My neighborhood is quite abuzz about this local girl getting engaged.

I am amused that my daughters and Prince Charles's soon to be daughter-in-law are in the same age cohort from the same ZIP code.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.