Florida shooting

Old Feb 25th 2018, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by london_calling
Er no. I’m pretty sure British expats worldwide are famed for precisely the opposite.
I should coco old boy, tiffin at three and all that. Tally ho.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So now are we going to cherry pick things from links to suit our opinions?

And here’s an even more important statistic: In all of the solo entries we identiied where the scene was still hot, one-third of the police officers who made that solo entry were shot.

Officers have to be ready to fight. They can’t go in with the assumption that “most of the time, these guys kill themselves, so I’ll probably be OK.” In many of these events, the attackers are looking to fight, and so our officers need to be ready to fight.
We have seen attackers barricade themselves in, so we need police to have the skills and techniques and equipment to get in and stop the killing.

And so there is that balancing act. There isn’t going to be a perfect solution. There’s not going to be a single one-size- fits-all policy. It’s going to come down to the officer on the scene being properly trained and properly equipped, and taking a moment to make the decision and say, “ is is what I think is appropriate in this situation,” and then being prepared to act.

Of course I could carry on.

So please tell us your qualifications and experiences of dealing with these situations?
Me I have only had 41 years be it in the Army, Police Force or my current law enforcement agency who also carry guns albeit in more about protecting (I use that term loosely) the border.

Now there again if these people did not have access to these types of weapons then we might not be discussing this but this is America after all and god forbid that we try to place restrictions on the citizenry in their 227 year old right to bear arms and fear their own Government.
And in 100% of cases when police didn't enter immediately more innocent people were killed.

It really doesn't matter what your experience is, your training is probably out of date. This has been policy across the US for the last few years. Things have been changing ever since Columbine.

FBI's active shooter planning and response

You'll want to start on page 34.

As law enforcement active shooter training
has evolved, there has been a move away from waiting for several officers to arrive and form a
“team” prior to searching for the shooter. Today, many agencies and trainers recommend a
solo officer entry into an active shooter situation if it is believed the officer on scene can locate,
isolate, and/or stop the shooter prior to other arriving law enforcement officers. The solo
officer entry can be a very dangerous response strategy. However, properly trained and
equipped police officers acting alone without the benefit of backup have stopped ongoing
active shooter situations, thereby saving lives.
The first SRO already resigned. I'm willing to bet more will, and the Sheriff will probably be gone too.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Feb 25th 2018 at 1:59 am.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

This.
Attached Thumbnails Florida shooting-28337370_2408774515818654_8644520543542692460_o.jpg  
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

Square root a gun? Louisiana student investigated over math symbol comments | Miami Herald

Could have been an only in America thingy.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Note how the blame has already shifted from the shooter to the FBI and sheriff's deputies.
Sure, their inaction needs addressing but let's not loose sight of the fact that poor legislation allowed the deaths of 17 people. The next nutter might well be a bit more savvy and not post his intentions online or wear his heart on his sleeve.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Then they should not sign up to be police officers.

Seems they want the pay but forget they are to protect and serve the public.

From what I have seen on the news the Sheriff of the department seems to say the policy is not to sit outside and wait.

Tactical repositioning as explained on the TIO thread about shootings and would you have gone in for the 56K a year not knowing what you were up against?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Then they should not sign up to be police officers.

Seems they want the pay but forget they are to protect and serve the public.

From what I have seen on the news the Sheriff of the department seems to say the policy is not to sit outside and wait.
I am sure most Police Officers would take this view and I doubt he is seeking help from the Union.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What I have learnt from this thread.

1. 17 people died.
2. Warning signs were present before the shooting but no action was taken.
3. The shooter has mental health issues.
4. The shooter got access to a rifle commonly known as the AR15 which for all intensive purposes is a military style assault rifle.
5. Law Enforcement were on the scene during the shooting but did not intervene.
6. Some posters want guns banned.
7. Some posters want more restrictions on being able to obtain a firearm of any type and guns like the AR15 banned.
8. Some posters don't want guns banned as they have 2nd Amendment Rights.
9. Certain gun owners feel that posters don't understand them and that its not guns that kill people.
10. Some suggest more guns are the answer to combat these people with guns hell bent on killing others in incidents like this.
11. Most of us agree these incidents need to stop.
12. None of us have the ability to make this stop.
13. Some are waiting for the next thread after the next incident.
14. Some of us don't want the next thread to be started but know its only a matter of time.
15. Some of us living outside the USA think the USA is ****ED and why should we care.
16. Those living in the USA say those of us who live outside of the USA don't know anything and shouldn't comment.
17. Some of us live in countries where we have lots of guns but have lots of restrictions on who can have one and the type we can have and guess what we have the odd incident.
18. Some are critical of Law Enforcement however can sit back knowing that the type of job they do will never put them in that position and have no idea of how they would react.
19. Did I mention the USA is ****ED?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Note how the blame has already shifted from the shooter to the FBI and sheriff's deputies.
Sure, their inaction needs addressing but let's not loose sight of the fact that poor legislation allowed the deaths of 17 people. The next nutter might well be a bit more savvy and not post his intentions online or wear his heart on his sleeve.
The response should be compresive, but it won't be.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 11:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The response should be compresive, but it won't be.
Comprehensive?

Like in Immigration?

4. The shooter got access to a rifle commonly known as the AR15 which for all intensive purposes is a military style assault rifle.
PS This wrong and you lose an awful lot of credibility when posting such stuff.

My Hunting Rifle is in .308 and has a lot more common with the military style assault riffle I shot at school, a Lee Enfield .303, that the AR15 has with modern military rifles.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Comprehensive?

Like in Immigration?

My Hunting Rifle is in .308 and has a lot more common with the military style assault riffle I shot at school, a Lee Enfield .303, that the AR15 has with modern military rifles.
I assume you are talking about this AR15

Colt AR15A4

Throughout the world today, Colt's reliability, performance, and accuracy provide our Armed Forces the confidence required to accomplish any mission.

https://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/AR15A4

I also guess you think this article is not well credible as well.
Some of us do remember this as being called the Armalite Widow Maker as used in Northern Ireland and a name change does not make it any less of a lethal killing weapon be it portrayed as a military style assault rifle or the friendly hunting rifle. The muzzle velocity is still the same.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ar-15...ere-you-live-9
Old Feb 25th 2018, 2:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Comprehensive?

Like in Immigration?

Intensive purposes?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What I have learnt from this thread.

1. 17 people died.
2. Warning signs were present before the shooting but no action was taken.
3. The shooter has mental health issues.
5. Law Enforcement were on the scene during the shooting but did not intervene.
6. Some posters want guns banned.
7. Some posters want more restrictions on being able to obtain a firearm of any type and guns like the AR15 banned.
8. Some posters don't want guns banned as they have 2nd Amendment Rights.
9. Certain gun owners feel that posters don't understand them and that its not guns that kill people.
10. Some suggest more guns are the answer to combat these people with guns hell bent on killing others in incidents like this.
11. Most of us agree these incidents need to stop.
12. None of us have the ability to make this stop.
13. Some are waiting for the next thread after the next incident.
14. Some of us don't want the next thread to be started but know its only a matter of time.
15. Some of us living outside the USA think the USA is ****ED and why should we care.
16. Those living in the USA say those of us who live outside of the USA don't know anything and shouldn't comment.
17. Some of us live in countries where we have lots of guns but have lots of restrictions on who can have one and the type we can have and guess what we have the odd incident.
18. Some are critical of Law Enforcement however can sit back knowing that the type of job they do will never put them in that position and have no idea of how they would react.
19. Did I mention the USA is ****ED?
This is a laundry list and isn't remotely helpful. It's quite obvious that you typed out all of that redundant nonsense just so you could get to #19, which is what you are always just dying to say whenever you post about the US.

Is this normal? Do people from the US go into the Canadian forum simply to tell them how much their country sucks? I honestly would like to know.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:19 pm
Horrid Yank

manekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond reputemanekeniko has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody touches my AR-15 emotional support rifle.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
This is a laundry list and isn't remotely helpful. It's quite obvious that you typed out all of that redundant nonsense just so you could get to #19, which is what you are always just dying to say whenever you post about the US.

Is this normal? Do people from the US go into the Canadian forum simply to tell them how much their country sucks? I honestly would like to know.
There is the odd poster that does but we tend not to take them that serious.
A laundry list well lists are useful but Im sure like most you have the solution to stop this carnage which other countries don't seem to have.
I have no problem with the US as stated before its the stupidity of those defending the sorts of guns used in these shootings and how you hold on to an archaic 227 year old piece of paper that wasn't written for today and god forbid those who try to amend it.
Most Canadians are not fearful of sending their kids to school and no need for kevlar backpacks.
Your wonderful leader who managed to get nearly 63 million votes with 46% seems to think that more guns in the hands of teachers are the solution.
So yes quite a few Canadians think your country is a basket case but will still visit due to its close proximity and even though with a difference of about 23% in currency exchange the odd item is still cheaper.
Keep burying your dead kids as they are your countries and not ours and yes we are shocked that this continues but you are shit scared to do anything about it because your politicians won't give up the monies received from the NRA and other lobbyists representing the firearms industry.
But as usual we non US residents have no idea about your country and we should not be telling you that your country has problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.