Florida shooting

Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by Shard
But as I'm sure you have heard, He works in mysterious ways, and a car crash (even involving children) would be part of His plan. There's not much point it talking logic to the devout, they have opted-in to illogic.
Personally I am Agnostic, well that is the closest label I can come up with, I have noticed that many non Religious types seem more 'devout' to their creed than Religious ones.

Now I live in Colorado YMMV.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

plasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Each time this happens and we ask a politician we get the same answer, "It's too soon to discus the issue"
The fact is that as in this case both a senator and governor are financially backed by the NRA.
We have a shotgun in this house, it's not my choice because I don't like guns, I don't even know how to load the thing let alone shoot it. My wife is a US citizen and I respect her right to own one.
There is no reason for any citizen to own an assault rifle.

Last edited by plasticbag_uk; Feb 15th 2018 at 12:29 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
1. Any sign of the "Republican immigrant bashing" yet?
2. Will you apologize if there isn't any?
3. If it had been a regular white kid, would you have correspondingly warned "cue the white male-bashing by the media, ACLU, Oprah, the Dems "?
If you had a brain would you have written this post?
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Personally I am Agnostic, well that is the closest label I can come up with, I have noticed that many non Religious types seem more 'devout' to their creed than Religious ones.

Now I live in Colorado YMMV.
Within your agnosticism, what is the probability that a god (or some gods) might exist?

I briefly described myself as agnostic some years back, but then realised that within the context of human religion that agnosticism is a confusion.

Some of us are devout about the irrationality in others, it's true.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Within your agnosticism, what is the probability that a god (or some gods) might exist?

I briefly described myself as agnostic some years back, but then realised that within the context of human religion that agnosticism is a confusion.

Some of us are devout about the irrationality in others, it's true.
I can not prove a God does not exist, seems unlikely but I would not want to put a number on it, how would you calculate it?

Irrationality is by definition anything that I do not agree with.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

plasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Praying will do sweet FA, I do not and never have believed in God and nothing short of God coming down and shaking my hand will ever convince me the thing exists. Forget the prayers, just get rid of every NRA backed politician and that includes that orange lunatic in the Whitehouse.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticbag_uk
We have a shotgun in this house, it's not my choice because I don't like guns, I don't even know how to load the thing let alone shoot it. My wife is a US citizen and I respect her right to own one.
I personally own 5 firearms. 3 in the house (2 shotguns and a pistol) , one in my truck, one in my wife's car (both pistols). We both have CCPs, she doesn't carry every day, I do. If I'm not a work, I have a pistol on me somewhere. She didn't own any prior to me although she had one of my father-in-laws revolvers on loan.

I don't see that believing that ARs have no place in a civilians possession and also owning other types of firearms is particularly hypocritical.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by plasticbag_uk
Praying will do sweet FA, I do not and never have believed in God and nothing short of God coming down and shaking my hand will ever convince me the thing exists. Forget the prayers, just get rid of every NRA backed politician and that includes that orange lunatic in the Whitehouse.
And get rid of every Knife and Acid backed politician in the UK at the same time.

And every Politician who backed by the Medical/Insurance Complex.

And every one, well you get the idea.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
I personally own 5 firearms. 3 in the house (2 shotguns and a pistol) , one in my truck, one in my wife's car (both pistols). We both have CCPs, she doesn't carry every day, I do. If I'm not a work, I have a pistol on me somewhere. She didn't own any prior to me although she had one of my father-in-laws revolvers on loan.

I don't see that believing that ARs have no place in a civilians possession and also owning other types of firearms is particularly hypocritical.
You can certainly do a lot more damage with a Shotgun, I know Mr P favours them for home defence, I do not have one btw.

I have a CCP but no pistol!
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:53 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I can not prove a God does not exist, seems unlikely but I would not want to put a number on it, how would you calculate it?

Irrationality is by definition anything that I do not agree with.
No of course, we can't put a number on it. But some people are 50:50 agnostics, some are 90:10 or some 99.999999:c.0. I'd put myself somewhere deep into the latter category (for a deity). As for the the Christian mythology and the like) definitely a big fat zero.

Definition of irrationality is "inadequate use of reason," it's not a personal judgement call.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

No of course, we can't put a number on it. But some people are 50:50 agnostics, some are 90:10 or some 99.999999:c.0. I'd put myself somewhere deep into the latter category (for a deity). As for the the Christian mythology and the like) definitely a big fat zero.

Definition of irrationality is "inadequate use of reason," it's not a personal judgement call.
Nearer all the 99999999's.

Mathematically I would not put one mythology above or below another. They all have a similar premise.

Actually I see many posts that seem to fall into the inadequate use of reason but those who made them may say it is my personal judgement. This thread has many.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 12:57 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by civilservant

If someone broke into your house with guns, would you shoot them on sight or try to warn them off first? Would you have the calmness/confidence to shoot?
Old Feb 15th 2018, 1:00 pm
Yo

Nearer all the 99999999's.

Mathematically I would not put one mythology above or below another. They all have a similar premise.
Cool.

The more I learn about the universe/physics, human evolution and freewill, I do start to wonder myself about the 0.0000001% possibility.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

If someone broke into your house with guns, would you shoot them on sight or try to warn them off first? Would you have the calmness/confidence to shoot?
I remember reading an article about the effectiveness of the Sherman in WW2, has an underservably bad rep.

The Armed Forces did after action reports and determined the main factor was not armour, gun effectiveness etc, but who fired first.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Cool.

The more I learn about the universe/physics, human evolution and freewill, I do start to wonder myself about the 0.0000001% possibility.
I often wonder about Atheists, other side of the coin, how do you disprove the possibility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.