Fitness...do you?

Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
None, and you wouldn't

They are a form of torture. That's why I kind of dropped the calisthenics-style exercises in favour of straight compound lifts and running.

In other news, I didn't go to the gym or run at all this week and managed to pile on about 3lbs onto my fat arse. I sucked harder than a V8 powered Dyson, but at least the Cubs won.

Next week. I am going to tell my wife she has to kick me in the balls if I don't work out at least 3 times. I'm still in denial that my 'get up at 5am and run before work every morning' plan will actually happen one day
I figured if the pregnant lady next to me can do them... She had me well beaten on time for the whole work out, with a heavier barbell too.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Eat less
That's the part I'm having the most trouble with

and get on your knees scrubbing the floor (i don't) and gardening- lots of it
I do do quite a bit of the housework. Not so much in the garden except for raking leaves and cutting the grass though, we don't really have much else that needs attention out there now.

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I figured if the pregnant lady next to me can do them... She had me well beaten on time for the whole work out, with a heavier barbell too.
They make you do weighted burpees? Why do they hate you so much?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

They make you do weighted burpees? Why do they hate you so much?
No, sets of thrusters 5-4-3-2-1 alternating with sets of 15 pushups and then another set 1-2-3-4-5 alternating with sets of 7 dips and THEN the 25 burpees.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

No, sets of thrusters 5-4-3-2-1 alternating with sets of 15 pushups and then another set 1-2-3-4-5 alternating with sets of 7 dips and THEN the 25 burpees.
Ah, I see. Oh my life, how I hate push-ups

You do realise though, that if you stick with this you probably will get pretty jacked. Certainly your fitness with improve dramatically.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, admit it- it's the food. Why eat too much and then spend hours trying to get rid if the effects? Does not compute. Vicious circle. Slowly train yourself to eat less, your stomach will get physically smaller and unable to accomodate large quantities. Much easier than beating yourself to a pulp cos you overdid it with a biryiani
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:48 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Eat less and get on your knees scrubbing the floor (i don't) and gardening- lots of it
Just eating 'less' never worked well for me, but cutting out carbs does... along with exercise, lots of exercise, as you say. Raking leaves is good, & gets one in upper-body shape to shovel the snow when it comes.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:53 pm
I have a comma problem

Yeah, admit it- it's the food. Why eat too much and then spend hours trying to get rid if the effects? Does not compute. Vicious circle. Slowly train yourself to eat less, your stomach will get physically smaller and unable to accomodate large quantities. Much easier than beating yourself to a pulp cos you overdid it with a biryiani
It's two parts for me. I could lose weight (with discipline) without doing any exercise at all, it's all just maths. But I also want to exercise for strength and general fitness, too. By combining the two I have a bit more room for 'mistakes' as far as eating goes.

But yeah, chicken and broccoli to the rescue I think
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

It's two parts for me. I could lose weight (with discipline) without doing any exercise at all, it's all just maths. But I also want to exercise for strength and general fitness, too. By combining the two I have a bit more room for 'mistakes' as far as eating goes.

But yeah, chicken and broccoli to the rescue I think
So you know what's right- a good start. Eat what you want, just less.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:57 pm
I have a comma problem

So you know what's right- a good start. Eat what you want, just less.
Yeah, and I've done it already earlier in the year, I just keep falling off the wagon all the time.

I'm enjoying a full Thanksgiving dinner though, even if I have to eat nothing but toast the day after.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

All my sisters are overweight and so are my adult children, makes me sad cos I know they're unhappy
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:59 pm
I have a comma problem

All my sisters are overweight and so are my adult children, makes me sad cos I know they're unhappy
It's shite. It doesn't make me sad or anything but I don't like it. Most people are capable of losing the weight they need to in 1-2 years as well, I just need to get better at sticking to it.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, I see. Oh my life, how I hate push-ups

You do realise though, that if you stick with this you probably will get pretty jacked. Certainly your fitness with improve dramatically.
yeah my pushups completely degenerated, ended up doing them off my knees.

The gun show is already looking pretty good ;-)

I am having difficulty lifting my arms right now though.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:03 pm
I have a comma problem

yeah my pushups completely degenerated, ended up doing them off my knees.

The gun show is already looking pretty good ;-)

I am having difficulty lifting my arms right now though.
I can only do them off my knees. So usually I don't bother. The presses I do with the weights work the same muscle groups anyway, once I get the weight up on them I'll try regular push-ups/pull-ups and that kind of thing.

The soreness goes away, which is the good news.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, and I've done it already earlier in the year, I just keep falling off the wagon all the time.

I'm enjoying a full Thanksgiving dinner though, even if I have to eat nothing but toast the day after.
It's odd but I think some people have an addiction to food and eat beyond their capacity i. e. until they feel poorly and overstuffed. Recognise when you're beginning to feel full and just stop. Note -beginning.
Imagine all that stuff you've chewed up sitting in your stomach, all mixed up together and just waiting to be turned into some vile soup travelling it's weary way through your body towards it's exit.
Hey! who am I to talk? I drink like a trooper
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Imagine all that stuff you've chewed up sitting in your stomach, all mixed up together and just waiting to be turned into some vile soup travelling it's weary way through your body towards it's exit.
Chyme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.