Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

English Sausages in PNW

English Sausages in PNW

Old May 7th 2015, 8:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default English Sausages in PNW

Following the buy out/merger whatever it was of Albertsons and Safeway, Haggen purchased some of the stores in the Pacific Northwest that were required to be sold off.

One such was our local Albertsons which is now a Haggen. Looking in the meat department Mrs L spies English Bangers and bought some. Just had 2 for lunch and they are about the best English sausages I've found in the US. Not quite the same but very close. They are made by Isernio a butcher in Kent WA. isernio.com

If there is a Haggen near you and you want English sausages might be worth looking to see if they have them.
Old May 12th 2015, 3:44 am
Just Joined

cowboysgirlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English Sausages in PNW

Oooh, thanks for the tip! I suspect they won't be in my local Haggen, as we are way up in Bellingham, but I will definitely keep an eye out! Desperate for a good banger.

Failing that, it looks like I'll be making a road trip to Kent...
Old May 13th 2015, 5:08 pm
Banned

am1958 is an unknown quantity at this point

The English Pork Pie Company is a great source for many English foods. I have tried the following and find them all to be authentic and of great quality:-

Black Pudding
White Pudding
Pork Pies
Steak and Kidney Pies
Cornish Pasties
English Bacon
Bangers

... and no... apart from the possibility that I should own shares in the company based on my spending, I have no affiliation with the company.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 10:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Following the buy out/merger whatever it was of Albertsons and Safeway, Haggen purchased some of the stores in the Pacific Northwest that were required to be sold off.

One such was our local Albertsons which is now a Haggen. Looking in the meat department Mrs L spies English Bangers and bought some. Just had 2 for lunch and they are about the best English sausages I've found in the US. Not quite the same but very close. They are made by Isernio a butcher in Kent WA. isernio.com

If there is a Haggen near you and you want English sausages might be worth looking to see if they have them.
Oh we have had them at our local QFC for quite some time. They are good.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 10:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Oh we have had them at our local QFC for quite some time. They are good.
My wife came home with a pack today. A deal with $2 off.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 4:05 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
....they are about the best English sausages I've found in the US.....
Occasionally Costco carry Balson's bangers. The butcher started in Bridport, Dorset, England in 1515, 500 years ago. They have a store in the US now, and do mail order
RJ Balson and Son -- Buy Quality British Bangers & Bacon from RJ Balson & Son, England's Oldest Family Butchers

My personal favorite is the Beef and Horseradish, but they are all really good.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by thinbrit
Occasionally Costco carry Balson's bangers. The butcher started in Bridport, Dorset, England in 1515, 500 years ago. They have a store in the US now, and do mail order
RJ Balson and Son -- Buy Quality British Bangers & Bacon from RJ Balson & Son, England's Oldest Family Butchers

My personal favorite is the Beef and Horseradish, but they are all really good.
I had been ordering from Balson's, unfortunately they don't supply Costco this far west. As long as Haggen stock British Bangers, which are just as good, I can save in shipping.