Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Dumbass illegal alien

Dumbass illegal alien

Old Mar 7th 2017, 3:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dumbass illegal alien

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Companies sending junk mail consider a 2% response rate to be good. I wonder what the response rate for cold calls is? .... I now ignore most calls I don't recognise, and hang up on others when I realise they just soliciting business/ donations.
I don't talk to them either - but it must work given the amount of money that's invested in this tactic.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 6:07 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Some people are operating a fraud, some are not. The country they are calling from and the accent of their English is irrelevant. To conflate such callers with "illegals" is exactly the kind of unpleasant and half-baked tactic that has become so popular in Trumpland. It would be better to not indulge in it.

All major companies with a customer service element that you can call at any time, day or night, operate calling centers in many countries that you access through a local number. I mean, you don't expect to actually dial India yourself, do you? Credit cards, Amazon, banks, etc. etc. all do this. Many of the staff have "heavy accents" given that English is not their first language. This does not, in and of itself, mean that the operation is fraudulent or dodgy nor that the people on the phone are "illegal".
Okay lets refer to illegals as "immigrants". We're not supposed to call them illegals any longer in California. They broke the law by crossing the border without going through border check and overstayed their temporary residency period and took jobs but they're not here" illegally", they're "immigrants" just as I was when I came her legally. That should clear up the confusion regarding nomenclature

All I have to say about tele callers is that they're a bloody nuisance heavy accents or not. Already the last six weeks I have entered 30 phone numbers on my block caller list and there will be still more to block I'm sure. I think my home should be inviolate from casual calls from people trying to sell me stuff I neither need or want. Telemarketing should be made illegal.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Okay lets refer to illegals as "immigrants". We're not supposed to call them illegals any longer in California. They broke the law by crossing the border without going through border check and overstayed their temporary residency period and took jobs but they're not here" illegally", they're "immigrants" just as I was when I came her legally. That should clear up the confusion regarding nomenclature

All I have to say about tele callers is that they're a bloody nuisance heavy accents or not. Already the last six weeks I have entered 30 phone numbers on my block caller list and there will be still more to block I'm sure. I think my home should be inviolate from casual calls from people trying to sell me stuff I neither need or want. Telemarketing should be made illegal.
I have no idea what you are on about. What I said was that "sounding foreign" does not prove anything about one's immigration status one way or the other.

I also said that not all cold calling, from home or abroad, is a scam. In fact, it's a mainstream business tactic.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop

Accents? Aren't you the lucky one! Mostly, I seem to get recorded messages.

Live callers were usually trying to speak to x defaulter (I presume), not usually the same one. Initially, I used to think it fun baiting these callers but that grows thin at the rate of three a day.
More recently, I've taken to doing what I should have done in the first place. Not answering and blocking the number. The number of spongers/chasers appears to have dropped considerably.

PS. Telemarketers/cold callers/paper wasters/Trump should all be rounded up and shot.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Asg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond repute

The calls I get are from a computer (Hi this is Mark, how are you today?..etc) and the surprising thing is that they always use a good voice so you know straight away that it's a computer. If they used an average voice you'd speak to the computer longer before realizing it's a computer.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 4:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark

Live callers were usually trying to speak to x defaulter (I presume), not usually the same one. Initially, I used to think it fun baiting these callers but that grows thin at the rate of three a day. ....
Agreed, all the junk calls I get are robo-calls.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 5:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The ones that irritate me the most are the computer generated ones. Phone rings, you pick it up and there's silence, then there's a click and then James from India wishes you a good whatever and says he's not trying to sell you anything. Honestly if you think I'm going to wait for a cold caller to finish his last call and then speak to me, you're even more stupid than I thought. Might be an Aussie thing, no idea.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 5:29 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark

Live callers were usually trying to speak to x defaulter (I presume), not usually the same one. Initially, I used to think it fun baiting these callers but that grows thin at the rate of three a day.
More recently, I've taken to doing what I should have done in the first place. Not answering and blocking the number. The number of spongers/chasers appears to have dropped considerably.

PS. Telemarketers/cold callers/paper wasters/Trump should all be rounded up and shot.
I usually place them on the blocked list which stops a lot of them. I used to answer the calls with." Hey thank god you called, I've done what you told me to do but there's blood all over the place. I need help. Get over here ASAP" That always resulted in a quick disconnect.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

i am very disappointed my ex girlfriend Rachel from cardmember services does not call me anymore...
maybe because i hung up on her a lot...., lol
Old Mar 26th 2017, 11:57 pm
Banned

Before I started to ignore or block unwanted incoming calls I received a lot from so called building contractors who wanted to know if I was thinking of doing any more home improvement projects.
I now know I made the mistake of calling Angie's List a few years back when I decided to have the kitchen remodeled. They must have sold my phone number to every dick in the construction industry from here to Nova Scotia

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 26th 2017 at 11:59 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I get quite a few junk calls, probably since my business number is out there.

I always ask them for a credit card number before I can discuss anything.
I'm quite persistent.

Hilarity ensures.