DACA etc.

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 6:14 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DACA etc.

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Christ, if that's your only takeaway from everything that happened in Montreal after the 70s (between the end of the FLQ and the sovereignty referendums, let's say, including the flight of corporate Canada to Ontario and the economic depression that caused) then you can take your bigotry and stick it up your ass.

So having given me the run down on Quebec's (including Montreal's) declining economic fortunes you think that it's logical that graffiti, trashing buildings, vandalizing phone booths and leaving used condoms lying around is a natural outcome of a society's financial situation? That's what you seem to be implying.

I grew up in a low income part of Sheffield but nobody went around turning the place into a borderline slum. In fact it was quite common to see housewives sweep their doorsteps every day, even scrub them and put on whitening and window curtains were washed three or four times a year

Don't lecture me on bigotry. It's all about culture vs ignorance and lack of decency and consideration As far as Haitians concerned let it be a case of "if the shoe fits"

Last edited by dc koop; Jan 23rd 2018 at 6:48 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 6:45 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing about parts of the US immigration system makes sense anyway. They accept asylum seekers from countries like Somalia, Pakistan and Afghanistan and more than just a few of them went off to sign up with ISIS and yet 800,000 dreamers from mainly Mexico could be deported en masse without any consideration of their academic achievements, what careers they might be training for and their future contributions to American society.

Why not deport those with criminal records and let the rest stay on and work towards citizenship. Trump could build his wall and everyone else go home happy
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:01 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
So having given me the run down on Quebec's (including Montreal's) declining economic fortunes you think that it's logical that graffiti, trashing buildings, vandalizing phone booths and leaving used condoms lying around is a natural outcome of a society's financial situation? That's what you seem to be implying.

I grew up in a low income part of Sheffield but nobody went around turning the place into a borderline slum. In fact it was quite common to see housewives sweep their doorsteps every day, even scrub them and put on whitening and window curtains were washed three or four times a year

Don't lecture me on bigotry. It's all about culture vs ignorance and lack of decency and consideration As far as Haitians concerned let it be a case of "if the shoe fits"
Canada's last-but-one Governor General, Michaëlle Jean, arrived in Canada a a refugee from Haiti aged 10. She's now the secretary-general of the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie. Does that shoe not fit?
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
You know, I could be persuaded to listen to the argument about a more restricted family-based immigration (I'm not going to accept the misused form of the term "chain migration"), I might even listen to arguments against the diversity lottery.

But, I don't want to hear any of it until somebody honestly addresses the Americans that employ illegal immigrants with no consequences. We wouldn't have these DACA kids if their moms and dads hadn't been enticed to enter the US with promises of jobs.

Until we punish, shame and terrorize the American criminals with the same veracity --- I call bullshit on the hypocrisy of this whole theatrical mess.

Yeah well here's a reality check. Those employers who hire undocumented workers all decide one day to fire them and try to replace them with citizens or legal residents . So here's the sticking point. None of them would want the jobs with low pay that the undocumented do.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. "They" are all the same after all.

There is culture and ignorance on display here right enough...
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Yeah. "They" are all the same after all.

There is culture and ignorance on display here right enough...
You wont be singing that song if one day your neighbourhood becomes "little Haiti"
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You wont be singing that song if one day your neighbourhood becomes "little Haiti"
Yes. Yes I would.

In fact, I have lived in and enjoyed all sorts of places and circumstances about which you would probably deliver such denigratory, sweeping, and uninformed statements.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well here's a reality check. Those employers who hire undocumented workers all decide one day to fire them and try to replace them with citizens or legal residents . So here's the sticking point. None of them would want the jobs with low pay that the undocumented do.
Yeah well here's a reality check. Everybody needs to quit bitching and moaning then --- because it's all a bunch of faux outrage and bullshit. Which was my whole point but you're too thick to understand that and think you look clever by "schooling" me when really, you're just being Captain Obvious.

Last edited by Leslie; Jan 23rd 2018 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:56 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Yes I would.

In fact, I have lived in and enjoyed all sorts of places and circumstances about which you would probably deliver such denigratory, sweeping, and uninformed statements.
Daytime drinking.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Daytime drinking.
At least he sobered up enough to delete the bit about still being prejudiced even if they were white.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:37 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Anian
At least he sobered up enough to delete the bit about still being prejudiced even if they were white.
He covers himself in glory.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I could be persuaded to listen to the argument about a more restricted family-based immigration (I'm not going to accept the misused form of the term "chain migration"), I might even listen to arguments against the diversity lottery.

But, I don't want to hear any of it until somebody honestly addresses the Americans that employ illegal immigrants with no consequences. We wouldn't have these DACA kids if their moms and dads hadn't been enticed to enter the US with promises of jobs.

Until we punish, shame and terrorize the American criminals with the same veracity --- I call bullshit on the hypocrisy of this whole theatrical mess.
That's basically what I have been saying for years. To achieve that all we need is national ID cards. We could even call them new mini passports. Required to be presented for employment and other endeavors. If an employer doesn't have one on file for each of their employees a simple 10,000 dollar per day per employee fine would encourage them to make sure they do. Non citizen legal residents would have a similar card. To the naysayers I have carried a government (military) ID card since 1967 with no ill effects.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:55 pm

Daytime drinking.
If I have to read many more posts like that I may need the cooking sherry myself.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 11:00 pm
Banned

Yes. Yes I would.

Oh the keyboard fueled hypocrisy. ☺
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 11:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Canada's last-but-one Governor General, Michaëlle Jean, arrived in Canada a a refugee from Haiti aged 10. She's now the secretary-general of the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie. Does that shoe not fit?
Well jolly good ! That makes it all okay then ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.