Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The couple fleeing the US for Canada

The couple fleeing the US for Canada

Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:13 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default The couple fleeing the US for Canada

I was half-expecting Jerseygirl or MarylandNed but: Fleeing Trump: Couple leaving the Carolinas for Canada - BBC News

They're clearly going to Halifax because of the Atlantic immigration program which is a bit easier to qualify for, and she's got an MBA which gives her more points.

Just the comment, "my biggest worry is the climate" made me

You like the sun, you live in Charleston, you've never even been to Atlantic Canada during the winter....
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:53 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The couple fleeing the US for Canada

They could've just moved to Vermont, no visa requirements as yet. Plus the flag of the Second Vermont Republic is nicer than Canada's.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – The Vermont Independent
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My money is on them not lasting the winter.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:57 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
They could've just moved to Vermont, no visa requirements as yet. Plus the flag of the Second Vermont Republic is nicer than Canada's.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – The Vermont Independent
Ever wondered where a lot of the 60s hippies ended up in middle age ? Vermont of course. Loony Haight-Ashbury to Burlington
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Ever wondered where a lot of the 60s hippies ended up in middle age ? Vermont of course. Loony Haight-Ashbury to Burlington
Fairfax in Marin County still has a bunch of aging hippies who decamped from Haight-Ashbury.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Actually a lot of them wound up in Nova Scotia. There is an large area in the hills of NS that is an enclave of dodgers who have been living there off the land for over 50 years. My husband has visited some of them when he lived in Greenwood, NS while in the service. He said you go in peacefully and without weapons.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I was half-expecting Jerseygirl or MarylandNed You like the sun, you live in Charleston, you've never even been to Atlantic Canada during the winter....
Why were you expecting Jerseygirl? She has been living in Toronto for several years now and has no connection whatsoever with the US other than a certificate of naturalization. I guess that is much the same as you.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:35 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually a lot of them wound up in Nova Scotia. There is an large area in the hills of NS that is an enclave of dodgers who have been living there off the land for over 50 years. My husband has visited some of them when he lived in Greenwood, NS while in the service. He said you go in peacefully and without weapons.
"And be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 6:33 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

And I'm proud to be a Canadian,
where at least my healthcare's free,
And I won't go bankrupt buying
drugs at the pharmacy...