Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of
Smile Re: COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you all!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

To Rete, the other moderators and members of BE.....
Wishing all a very Happy Holiday and please be safe.
Rudolf & Patricia.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 2:48 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
To the members of BE and alt.visa.us.marriage-based, I wanted to wish one and all a joyful holiday season. May that special gift you've been dreaming of be yours this season. Whether it is a material present or the gift of love and peace, I hope you receive your heart's strongest desire.

Enjoy the thrill of a child opening a gift on Christmas morning or the laughter of friends and family as they gather together to share love on Christmas or Hanakkah or Kwanzaa. Accept the smile of a stranger and extend one of your own and feel yourself lighten to know that you have given a ray of sunshine to someone or received one yourself. Learn forgiveness of yourself as well as for others. Accept an olive branch if offered or extend one to someone who has hurt or offended you.

May your travels this holiday be short and uneventful. May your journey bring you close to those you hold dear. May the hugs and kisses fill that special space in your heart to overflowing.

If you are away from your loved ones this season, know that you are in their thoughts and hearts and never really far apart.

Rete
Aww Rete!! You are so kind
I am away from my beloved Spaniards and it is hard but It is ok, maybe next year!. I wish we had our great granny with us, We miss her tons, I am sure she is watching us from heaven!
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:33 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas....Frohe Weihnachten!

Patrick and I celebrated both German and American Christmas. I'm getting him trained, hehe. As a matter of fact, only the Christkind brought presents this year! Apparently I must have him VERY well trained. I always celebrated German Christmas when I still lived in the US with my parents...but then once I started college and my parents moved back to Europe but I would still go to see Patrick for Christmas the whole german tradition got a bit lost. So once I moved back here I thought I should give the whole thing another little jump start. So we had a lovely dinner, ate duck, and then Christkind secretly brought presents for each of us. But no worries, the whole American Christmas still happened too. We did plenty of celebrating with his family and extended family. It was all quite chaotic.

So yes, Frohe Christmas, Happy Weihnachten to everyone!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi

Patrick and I celebrated both German and American Christmas. I'm getting him trained, hehe. As a matter of fact, only the Christkind brought presents this year! Apparently I must have him VERY well trained. I always celebrated German Christmas when I still lived in the US with my parents...but then once I started college and my parents moved back to Europe but I would still go to see Patrick for Christmas the whole german tradition got a bit lost. So once I moved back here I thought I should give the whole thing another little jump start. So we had a lovely dinner, ate duck, and then Christkind secretly brought presents for each of us. But no worries, the whole American Christmas still happened too. We did plenty of celebrating with his family and extended family. It was all quite chaotic.

So yes, Frohe Christmas, Happy Weihnachten to everyone!

Hi Steffi - I'm having a little trouble unravelling your family tree - but that may just be the effects of the Gluehwein. Frohe Weihnachten anyhow!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
And S Novim Godom!!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:01 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hi Steffi - I'm having a little trouble unravelling your family tree - but that may just be the effects of the Gluehwein. Frohe Weihnachten anyhow!!
Hehe, I hope it's good Glühwein.

And what's the trouble?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:05 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

Hehe, I hope it's good Glühwein.

And what's the trouble?

Good Gluehwein. Last bottle from our last trip to Germany - over 5 years ago now Found it in the garage and was surprised that it was still very drinkable

Trouble is I can't figure out who in your family is German, British, 'merican etc.

But please don't worry about it. It may all be clear tomorrow. And if not, it is of no consequence.

Anyhow, now that you are a LPR (as am I, at long last!! - shouldn't you be joining us in the USA forum? (Not ot mention The Lounge...)
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:11 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

So yes, Frohe Christmas, Happy Weihnachten to everyone!!
I bet train my hubby so I can get presents from Santa and the 3 kings
Merry Christmas Steffi!! Feliz Navidad
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:31 pm
K1 via London

Good Gluehwein. Last bottle from our last trip to Germany - over 5 years ago now Found it in the garage and was surprised that it was still very drinkable
Ohhh, what's this? Gluehwein...well I guess let's give it a try, haha.

Trouble is I can't figure out who in your family is German, British, 'merican etc.
Yes, quite understandable...it is a little complicated. *L* The semi-short story is: my whole family's German, my dad got a job in Atlanta, whole family moved (I was 11 at the time), met Patrick (not at 11 though, haha), started dating, left to go to Uni in London, while studying in London parents also moved back to Europe...but of course Steffi's still in love with Patrick. Only no more parents in US = no more A2 visa = apply for new visa from UK & get married.

Anyhow, now that you are a LPR (as am I, at long last!! - shouldn't you be joining us in the USA forum? (Not ot mention The Lounge...)
You know....I don't know! Maybe I need to venture over there sometime.

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I bet train my hubby so I can get presents from Santa and the 3 kings
Merry Christmas Steffi!! Feliz Navidad
Hurry! It's not too late for you yet. *L* You still got several days...not too late to inform him that you will now also be celebrating Los Reyes. So he's got time yet to get stuff, haha.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:58 pm
Homebody

Talking Re: COT: Merry Xmas or Being PC Happy Holidays

You know....I don't know! Maybe I need to venture over there sometime.

Is your sense of humo(u)r:

- British
- Septic
- German
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:06 pm
K1 via London

Does this determine if I'm allowed in or not?? Haha.

- British
I always enjoy my British humor!

- Septic
Alright, don't get all complicated on me now!

- German
Is there such a thing?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:20 pm
Homebody

Is there such a thing?

"Ein Deutscher und ein bildhübsches Mädchen sowie ein Holländer und eine Nonne sitzen sich in einem Zugabteil gegenüber. Plötzlich fährt der Zug in einen Tunnel. Da die Beleuchtung nicht funktioniert ist es
stockdunkel.
Dann hört man eine Ohrfeige und als der Zug den Tunnel wieder verlässt,
reibt der Holländer schmerzverzerrt sein Gesicht.

"Genau richtig" denkt die Nonne. "Der Holländer hat natürlich versucht,
das Mädchen zu begrapschen, was sie nicht wollte und ihm eine geschmiert hat."

"Genau richtig" denkt das hübsche Mädchen. "Der Holländer wollte
natürlich mich im Dunkeln begrapschen, hat unglücklicherweise die Nonne
berührt, was sie nicht wollte und ihm eine geschmiert hat."

"So ne Schweinerei" denkt der Holländer. "Der Deutsche hat wahrscheinlich im Schutze der Dunkelheit probiert, das hübsche Madchen zu begrapschen. Hat unglücklicherweise die Nonnen berührt, was diese nicht wollte und die dann dem Deutschen eine schmieren wollte. Das hat der Sauhund gemerkt und sich geduckt, so das ich den Schlag abbekommen habe."

Wohingegen der Deutsche denkt:
"Im nächsten Tunnel hau ich dem Holländer wieder eine rein!!!!"

Oh dear...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:23 pm
K1 via London

Hehehe.