Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

CNN - the Clinton News Network

CNN - the Clinton News Network

Old Aug 16th 2016, 10:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CNN - the Clinton News Network

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Turns out that she presumably meant a completely different country. So easy to mix them up, they all look alike.

Trump spokeswoman walks back claim that Obama started Afghan war | TheHill
This stupid woman, former shop-lifter and Tea Party hanger-on, is completely unqualified for the job she currently possesses. She has zero knowledge of history or geopolitical realities. She was a Ted Cruz groupie before she met Donald Trump and managed to bamboozle her way into a political position that actually pays a salary. I can't figure out if she's a troll, smurf, or a muppet.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
This stupid woman, former shop-lifter and Tea Party hanger-on, is completely unqualified for the job she currently possesses. She has zero knowledge of history or geopolitical realities. She was a Ted Cruz groupie before she met Donald Trump and managed to bamboozle her way into a political position that actually pays a salary. I can't figure out if she's a troll, smurf, or a muppet.
I can understand some misspeaking when faced with an interviewer, or in particular about a subject one isn't familiar with. I don't understand why when she had a chance during that interview to correct herself she didn't. Nor do I understand why she would be a spokesperson concerning geopolitics. On the other hand coming from her background guess a job is a job.

Like much about this election every day brings a new surprise.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I can understand some misspeaking when faced with an interviewer, or in particular about a subject one isn't familiar with. I don't understand why when she had a chance during that interview to correct herself she didn't. Nor do I understand why she would be a spokesperson concerning geopolitics. On the other hand coming from her background guess a job is a job.

Like much about this election every day brings a new surprise.
It's really not her fault. She went from being a Texas Tea Party shill, who was living on unemployment benefits, to being propelled into the national spotlight and actually earning a wage for a change. Nice work if you can get it.

There are many, much more qualified people, that Trump could have hired. Maybe he tried. Maybe nobody decent would go to work for him.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 12:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters [UPDATED]

I heard about this on the radio. CNN completely transposed the actual story, now in this case they were caught and had to back track. Bit like you know who?
Old Aug 17th 2016, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters [UPDATED]

I heard about this on the radio. CNN completely transposed the actual story, now in this case they were caught and had to back track. Bit like you know who?
It does seem strangely similar to what Giuliani said - and didn't say - about Islamic terrorism this week.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Gallup poll: American trust in news media falls to lowest level in history - Washington Times
According to a Gallup Poll reported in the Washington Times (but why should we believe what it says?!), public trust in "the mass media" has fallen to record lows. I don't imagine this comes as a surprise to many people; I also imagine that it's much the same in most countries. The sample polled is a very small one, which rather strengthens the distrust...
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Gallup poll: American trust in news media falls to lowest level in history - Washington Times
According to a Gallup Poll reported in the Washington Times (but why should we believe what it says?!), public trust in "the mass media" has fallen to record lows. I don't imagine this comes as a surprise to many people; I also imagine that it's much the same in most countries. The sample polled is a very small one, which rather strengthens the distrust...
Frightening that there are so many people that stupid to trust the Mainstream Media.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Frightening that there are so many people that stupid to trust the Mainstream Media.
Or that stupid to listen to Trump droning on about the biased mainstream media?

"With many Republican leaders and conservative pundits saying Hillary Clinton has received overly positive media attention, while Donald Trump has been receiving unfair or negative attention, this may be the prime reason their relatively low trust in the media has evaporated even more. It is also possible that Republicans think less of the media as a result of Trump's sharp criticisms of the press. "

Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Fox is mainstream media.

Does that help?
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fox is mainstream media.

Does that help?
Help what?

I doubt Fox explains the collapse in Republican trust in the media in the last year:

Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Fox was the mainstream media they trusted. When Fox didn't come out in full support of Trump they decided that the media was wrong, not Trump.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
Fox was the mainstream media they trusted. When Fox didn't come out in full support of Trump they decided that the media was wrong, not Trump.
Good point; that certainly seems plausible.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Help what?

I doubt Fox explains the collapse in Republican trust in the media in the last year:

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gal...m2vdnmh1ma.png
They have all gone down, surprising thing is why Dems have not gone down as much?

I am going to guess because the spin is more in their favour?
Old Sep 14th 2016, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They have all gone down, surprising thing is why Dems have not gone down as much?

I am going to guess because the spin is more in their favour?
I am going to guess because of the reasons Gallup posited.

Democratic trust has gone from 55 to 51% in the last year, leaving it at almost the same level as it was at the end of the (Bill) Clinton era.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Sep 14th 2016 at 10:08 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I am going to guess because of the reasons Gallup posited.

Democratic trust has gone from 55 to 51% in the last year, leaving it at almost the same level as it was at the end of the (Bill) Clinton era.
I see a lot of mays, more realistic to suppose that as all the cover ups favouring Hillary come to light that is likely to be more relevant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.