Charity Auction!

Old May 18th 2006, 12:15 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one interested?

Originally Posted by Rompers
How do we pay for raffle tickets?
Paypal? Seems like the obvious and easiest way to me.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:26 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
How do we pay for raffle tickets?
A few options were suggested - mailing a check, paypal, or justgiving.com. Not sure what the relative admin costs of the last 2 are, but they would be the easiest..
Old May 18th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charity Auction!

Originally Posted by Vicky88
I'm sending a cheque direct to NFF as I don't want the chocolates either. Do you want me to do it in memory of your mother?
That would be really nice... her name is Margaret Dolan.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I guess thats why you see the RNLI, Help the aged etc etc selling raffle tickets rather than holding auctions...........
My mum was cremated... we asked that people donate to the RNLI in her name in lieu of flowers... a very worthy cause too (this was before we had any real understanding about NF) they did quite well from the donations. Seems like such a waste to have flowers without a grave to put them on.

Ash
Old May 18th 2006, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
My mum was cremated... we asked that people donate to the RNLI in her name in lieu of flowers... a very worthy cause too (this was before we had any real understanding about NF) they did quite well from the donations. Seems like such a waste to have flowers without a grave to put them on.

Ash
ash, so sorry to read about your mum....i'm back in blighty next month and will mail a cheque to the RNLI....my uncle from liverpool was a ships captain and after he retired he worked for the RNLI. sadly his wife passed away last yr and all donations went to the RNLI..really great cause. any particular address? tks..ash reading this again think you may prefer the cheque to go to NF..not a problem, like you say either way it's better than flowers imo, just let's have a mailing address.

Last edited by TruBrit; May 18th 2006 at 6:11 pm.
Old May 18th 2006, 6:20 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Ash

There are 3 charities in my will - RNLI is the top one. Extremely good cause.
Old May 18th 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ash, so sorry to read about your mum....i'm back in blighty next month and will mail a cheque to the RNLI....my uncle from liverpool was a ships captain and after he retired he worked for the RNLI. sadly his wife passed away last yr and all donations went to the RNLI..really great cause. any particular address? tks..ash reading this again think you may prefer the cheque to go to NF..not a problem, like you say either way it's better than flowers imo, just let's have a mailing address.
Thank You
Donation information can be found here:

www.nnff.org/nnff_donations.htm

If I can get enough people interested in a raffle (to raise at least $30 to make it worth while) the winner will get a box of english goodies. If you would like to be entered into the raffle please donate in memory of Margaret Dolan, I am going to ask the lady who receives the donations to forward me a list of the donators names.

Thank you to everyone who is making a donation... it is a for a very good cause and one that has become very close to my heart.

Ash
Old May 18th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are 3 charities in my will - RNLI is the top one. Extremely good cause.
When my mum was alive she always said if she won the lottery she would donate a large amount of money to the RNLI... so when she died it seemed like the obvious choice at the time. Also one of her friends that she worked with made a cross stitch of a life boat... it was framed with a plaque dedicated to my mum and hung in the outpatients dept of the hospital.

Ash
Old May 18th 2006, 6:33 pm

Thank You

If I can get enough people interested in a raffle (to raise at least $30 to make it worth while) the winner will get a box of english goodies. If you would like to be entered into the raffle please donate in memory of Margaret Dolan, I am going to ask the lady who receives the donations to forward me a list of the donators names.

Thank you to everyone who is making a donation... it is a for a very good cause and one that has become very close to my heart.

Ash
I just tried to donate via the paypal button on their site, but got "this merchant is unable to acept payments". Not sure if this is permanent or temporary?
Old May 18th 2006, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You

Ash
How much is one ticket?
Old May 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
How much is one ticket?
I thought $3 was a reasonable amount.

Ash
Old May 18th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just tried to donate via the paypal button on their site, but got "this merchant is unable to acept payments". Not sure if this is permanent or temporary?
I just tried it too and got the same thing... I send an email and hopefully they will get it figured out for us to have our raffle.

Ash
Old May 18th 2006, 7:11 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You

Ash
You'll easily get that much.
Old May 18th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I thought $3 was a reasonable amount.

Ash
I was thinking $5 was better; but it's up to you

You'll have no trouble getting to $30
Old May 18th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I was thinking $5 was better; but it's up to you

You'll have no trouble getting to $30
I was thinking a min of $3... people welcome to donate anything beyond that or purchase more than one 'ticket'.

Ash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.