CA driving license

Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default CA driving license

hi guys
here is a question -

so recently my wife and I went to the local DMV in the Bay Area. She had to get her license behind the wheel test date. While we were there, I asked the lady if I could renew my license. Its due to expire in May. The May date on my current license is based on my I94 expiry. The reason i asked if i could renew was I had heard DMV has started issuing 5 year licenses. The lady denied and said I need approved papers. OK I get that.

Now, my wife gave her behind the wheel. She passed. Got her license in the mail and surprise surprise, they issued her license until 2017. No idea why 2017. Her I94 expires the same date as mine. The expiry is May 2014 and her license expiry is June 2017.

So the question is, how can she get it to 2017? Is there any literature for me to take so I can renew past May 2014? My papers for extension of I-94 (i.e. new petition and other documents) have been filed but I dont have approval yet.

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CA driving license

Originally Posted by E3only
hi guys
here is a question -

so recently my wife and I went to the local DMV in the Bay Area. She had to get her license behind the wheel test date. While we were there, I asked the lady if I could renew my license. Its due to expire in May. The May date on my current license is based on my I94 expiry. The reason i asked if i could renew was I had heard DMV has started issuing 5 year licenses. The lady denied and said I need approved papers. OK I get that.

Now, my wife gave her behind the wheel. She passed. Got her license in the mail and surprise surprise, they issued her license until 2017. No idea why 2017. Her I94 expires the same date as mine. The expiry is May 2014 and her license expiry is June 2017.

So the question is, how can she get it to 2017? Is there any literature for me to take so I can renew past May 2014? My papers for extension of I-94 (i.e. new petition and other documents) have been filed but I dont have approval yet.

Any thoughts?
I suspect that may possibly be due to the law that takes effect on Jan 1, 2015 where any resident (legal or illegal) can obtain a California license.

Ever since the law was passed last September, people have been reporting similar experiences with their first California license. However I suspect that since your license is a renewal, they won't issue a 5 year license until your I-94 extention is approved.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CA driving license

Damn! I passed my test in September! I must have missed this by days as my license runs out next year, same date as my original EAD.