Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:44 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Originally Posted by Dan725
Similar down this way to be honest - but I generally drive in reverse to the folks heading up North on 75 at the end of the day, and shudder at the sight of the jam. Till I get South of I-4, then I shudder at the sight of the jam going my way towards Brandon.....
lol!
Yeah, you're right Dan, it's definately a case of forgetting 75 if you're heading north to 54 at the end of the day, that's a nightmare. I never do that unless it's mid afternoon. As for I-4 (and 60 down at Brandon) I know exactly what you mean.
It's kind of like the M25, by the time they'd built it, it was already outdated in the amount of traffic it could handle. C'est la vie.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:03 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I still think that none of the traffic problems here compare to the traffic nightmares around London! LOL
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

florida cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Wait 'til they start making Bruce B Downs into an 8 laner, then everyone living in New tampa will have a proper nightmare for 18 months! People will be complaining about the roads even more then they do now.

Its no worse than at home, if the infrastucture was made to be in place before they built the develoments then we wouldn't have half of the probs. A lot of the people that complained about the roads, moved to a new development of 500 houses or more, which only added to the existing traffic on the roads that weren't able to cope with it. Takes years to catch up.
We moved from New Port Richey as we thought it was closer to Tampa!!!thats a laugh. luckily I work from home 3 days and only have to go into Tampa 2 days (which is plenty) I avoid BB Downs like the plague, too many trafic lights.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:32 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I still think that none of the traffic problems here compare to the traffic nightmares around London! LOL
LOL At least the traffic keeps moving, eh?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by florida cat
We moved from New Port Richey as we thought it was closer to Tampa!!!thats a laugh. luckily I work from home 3 days and only have to go into Tampa 2 days (which is plenty) I avoid BB Downs like the plague, too many trafic lights.
I'd say that Bruce B Downs is enough to give anyone a headache. Thankfully I rarely need to really use it.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice

Similar down this way to be honest - but I generally drive in reverse to the folks heading up North on 75 at the end of the day, and shudder at the sight of the jam. Till I get South of I-4, then I shudder at the sight of the jam going my way towards Brandon.....
I drove up from Bradenton a few weeks back and took the 60 from Brandon on my way to Bartow...lots of lights and stops and I was quite thankful for heading back south in early afternoon, but even then it was very busy! If I have to go again I might just take the longer 'scenic' route back down through Bowling Green to the 64
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

usanovice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. as new to this site. We are in the UK at the moment, but are hoping to move to Florida within 6-9 months. We have 3 children ages 1, 4, and7. How do you find it living there?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice
Arrow Re: Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

Everyone town and city is different of course and each State is quite diffferent. Though a word of caution: if you are asking this question with 6-9 months to go, then are you sure that Florida is the place for you?
I've been going there for 17 years off and on but find it fine. That said I don't live there permanently but travel over for business/pleasure 2/3 times a year. Beware education, the US is behind the UK even at young ages so your children may suffer depending on how bright they are and how good their UK school is.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 2:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by usanovice
Hi. as new to this site. We are in the UK at the moment, but are hoping to move to Florida within 6-9 months. We have 3 children ages 1, 4, and7. How do you find it living there?
I moved here a bit over 5 years ago, and like all the other people that visit this website, I have my own views on what life is like here in FL You'll find if you look through the website pages, that some people love it, some people like it, some people don't seem to get on so well with it, and some are ready to move back to the UK
Did you have specific questions to fire at us? I'm sure we'd all chip in and give our two penneth worth.
It's hard to know exactly what to answer, without knowing what your circumstances are, such as whether you're coming here because one of you or your family is a US citizen, or whether it's because you're getting a job transfer or some there's other reason.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Yes, people have such differing circumstances, and also people have such different views. I'm not one for the beach or the heat in summer, but love the winters here. Also waking up to the sun every day makes your day start much better. I was back in Bristol one November after being away for 4 years. I woke in the morning at 9am to find it just getting light and the rain hitting the window horizontally, I'd forgotten about that!! But as I was single, 42 and no children, my reasons for being in Florida are possibly nothing like a lot of other posters on here, on the other hand, they could be!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough

Hi, just found this site tonight and am sooo glad I did!

I'm not in the US yet - waiting for my visa to be processed but I'm planning to settle in Tampa. My Mum is a US citizen and we just bought a house off Cross Creek which we'll live in once she retires.

So my question to you is - now that you've all found each other do you meet up?? It's always difficult moving to a new area and although I already have family there it would be nice to meet some new people who will (hopefully) get my sense of humour!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DMDA
Hi, just found this site tonight and am sooo glad I did!

I'm not in the US yet - waiting for my visa to be processed but I'm planning to settle in Tampa. My Mum is a US citizen and we just bought a house off Cross Creek which we'll live in once she retires.

So my question to you is - now that you've all found each other do you meet up?? It's always difficult moving to a new area and although I already have family there it would be nice to meet some new people who will (hopefully) get my sense of humour!
I haven't actually met with anyone personally through the site, not sure if any of the others have.
I could suggest that you put a message up when you're finally here in the area and maybe a few of us could sort something out and meet up if we had some takers?
Good luck with the move, and better luck in getting the yanks to appreciate your sense oif humour, I've been here a while and they still don't get mine
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:31 am
Just Joined

SueW123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the area - out Brandon/Riverview way in the 'burbs.
Im In Brandon Also.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Anybody out there in Tampa Fl

I'm back on the 12th Dec for Xmas and you guys are making me jealous already.....taxi for the Ellenton Mall
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by im9907620
I'm back on the 12th Dec for Xmas and you guys are making me jealous already.....taxi for the Ellenton Mall
Bloody hell, if I had to spend christmas walking round a mall in florida, I'd be extremely disappointed. I think you'll find the beaches are open as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.