Anti-pet peeves

Old Jun 10th 2015, 10:43 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-pet peeves

1. When I'm out on my bike on a tough training ride, turn a corner and a strong headwind turns into a strong tailwind. In the drops, 26 MPH, barely stepping on the pedals... bliss.

2. When I go home after work and realize I have no work (I work full time in a fairly demanding job) and no homework (I'm also in grad school) left to do. Just sit there.

3. When I get home and both of my dogs go apeshit with happiness.

4. When one of my daughters asks me to explain something and is actively seeking details. Have a seat over here, let's talk. My youngest wanted to know if cloning will result in effective immortality for people last night, excellent discussion!

5. putting on a jacket I haven't worn in a while and finding a $20 bill in the pocket.

6. discovering a new pizza place that turns out to be excellent. Fairly common here in Chicago.

7. riding a bike home on the local rail trail on a warm summer night with my friends, slightly drunk and in complete darkness (with lights) after a night at the local brewery. This happens about twice a month these days.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That very first sip of hot coffee in the morning.

Rene
I've been enjoying this for many years now. But recently, I've started baking my own cookies exactly the way I like them - oatmeal, cranberries, coconut, crushed nuts ... so now I positively look forward to getting out of bed every day!
Old Jun 13th 2015, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Taking a nap in the afternoon!

Since I now work from home most of the time, and work for myself, I can enjoy this guilty pleasure more often. And now that I make a point of going hiking later on, I don't feel all groggy afterwards!
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:21 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

When you're completing a web form and it asks for your country of residence by providing a list of every country in the world... but puts United States at the top so I don't have to scroll.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:28 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

1) Picking my daughter up from preschool and upon seeing me yells "MUMMY!!!" and runs towards me like it's been years since we parted.

2) Seeing the Manhattan skyline all lit up at night. Driving over the big NY bridges and getting a great view.

3) Seeing my sister-in-law so happy and changed for the better now she's come out the closet.

4) When my apartment is clean and tidy and there's nothing to trip over.

5) The way I feel when I stop eating sugar.

6) A good cup of tea that hits the spot.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:31 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
When you're completing a web form and it asks for your country of residence by providing a list of every country in the world... but puts United States at the top so I don't have to scroll.

When I lived in Pennsylvania I legit loved being able to press 'P' and it was the one and only state that popped up - all the other states have others that begin with the same letter, except Pennsylvania.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 1:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
When I lived in Pennsylvania I legit loved being able to press 'P' and it was the one and only state that popped up - all the other states have others that begin with the same letter, except Pennsylvania.
And Delaware, Florida, and Georgia, ..... and Hawaii. And Louisiana, and Rhode Island. ...... And, er, Utah.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:16 pm

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And Delaware, Florida, and Georgia, ..... and Hawaii. And Louisiana, and Rhode Island. ...... And, er, Utah.
Aww, Pennsylvania doesn't seem as special now.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Washington is the top of the Ws, so I only have to press it once and it pops up.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 7:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Washington is the top of the Ws, so I only have to press it once and it pops up.
North Carolina is almost at the bottom of the N's on most web forms, and I have learned that hitting "O" and then the up-arrow twice almost always gets me to NC.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Getting into bed on freshly changed sheets.
that NEVER gets old!
Old Jun 21st 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by rebs
..... Getting into bed on freshly changed sheets.
Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
that NEVER gets old!
Getting into my own bed when I have been staying in an hotel.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 3:34 pm

Getting into my own bed when I have been staying in an hotel.
...and then waking up under natural circumstances (i.e. no kids screaming or alarm clock going off) .
Old Jun 21st 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by username.exe
...and then waking up under natural circumstances (i.e. no kids screaming or alarm clock going off) ......
Being woken up by an alarm, on Monday to Friday, is what I hope for. ..... Otherwise it means I was woken by Mrs P's alarm set for 75 minutes before mine.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Being woken up by an alarm, on Monday to Friday, is what I hope for. ..... Otherwise it means I was woken by Mrs P's alarm set for 75 minutes before mine.
Alarms don’t bother me; at least I know I am waking-up on the right side of the grass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.