Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The American Health Care Act

The American Health Care Act

Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The American Health Care Act

Originally Posted by Boiler
That does not necessarily take them to the level i was thinking of.

I can only think of one who might have been OK and then I never really looked to see as was not likely a player.
Yes, I wish Jesus would resurrect himself and run for president but until that happens --- there are plenty of able bodied humans, who have run for president in recent history, that are infinitely more competent than Trump. Unfortunately, too many people are still susceptible to manipulation and tired old carnival tricks.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes, I wish Jesus would resurrect himself and run for president but until that happens --- there are plenty of able bodied humans, who have run for president in recent history, that are infinitely more competent than Trump. Unfortunately, too many people are still susceptible to manipulation and tired old carnival tricks.
Or they're just sick of the Dems and didn't want any more them - knowing full well that Hilary Clinton was just Obama on steroids.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:54 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Or they're just sick of the Dems and didn't want any more them - knowing full well that Hilary Clinton was just Obama on steroids.
I was talking about Republicans. I would think that was painfully obvious.

But, since you mentioned it, Hillary won the popular vote and Obama is still twice as popular as your guy.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking about Republicans. I would think that was painfully obvious.

But, since you mentioned it, Hillary won the popular vote and Obama is still twice as popular as your guy.
I'm fairly sure that if Trump focused on winning the popular vote he could have. However, he played the system as it is implemented today. Quite smart.

As for being "my guy"... He isn't. I can't vote.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Some of the issues? The major one is that it is not affordable.
Depends who you ask I suppose.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 1:18 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fairly sure that if Trump focused on winning the popular vote he could have. However, he played the system as it is implemented today. Quite smart.

I'm not sure about that, because that argument cuts both ways. Just as Trump may have garnered more votes in NY and California if he'd pumped money in there, so could Clinton if she'd put the effort in in Texas and other states she knew she would lose...
Old Mar 26th 2017, 2:58 pm
WTF?

And he, and his campaign staff, colluded with the Russians to hack the DNC and drop (drip) damaging information about Clinton whenever Trump's campaign was faltering. Quite smart. So "smart" he's being investigated by the FBI. I'm not as smart as Trump but, somehow, I've managed to get through life without being under federal investigation.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

And he, and his campaign staff, colluded with the Russians to hack the DNC and drop (drip) damaging information about Clinton whenever Trump's campaign was faltering. Quite smart. So "smart" he's being investigated by the FBI. I'm not as smart as Trump but, somehow, I've managed to get through life without being under federal investigation.
Oh, the old Russian chestnut. Seems that it's all the Dems have going for them right now. The party is in a worse state than Labour is in the UK.

As for investigations by the FBI... Well, we know that Hillary has had her troubles with them. And hacking... Perhaps without that she wouldn't have won the primary.

Bernie for President!
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:33 pm
WTF?

Oh, the old Russian chestnut. Seems that it's all the Dems have going for them right now. The party is in a worse state than Labour is in the UK.

As for investigations by the FBI... Well, we know that Hillary has had her troubles with them. And hacking... Perhaps without that she wouldn't have won the primary.

Bernie for President!
It's not an old chestnut. It's an ongoing investigation which many Republicans support and are pushing very hard to see through to its end.

The Democrats are not in any worse shape than your party. Your party, with a presidential rubber stamp as well as a majority in both houses, just managed to shit the bed with healthcare. Unbelievable.

It's irrelevant to talk about Hillary or Bernie though --- neither one of them is president. This was Trump's healthcare bill and that's what the thread is about ... his complete failure as a president.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

That I would have to disagree with, anyway Footie on the TV soon, England qualifier.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's not an old chestnut. It's an ongoing investigation which many Republicans support and are pushing very hard to see through to its end.
Personally, I wish the Republicans would focus the efforts to fix the catastrophically broken healthcare situation and leave things to the FBI.

The Democrats are not in any worse shape than your party. Your party, with a presidential rubber stamp as well as a majority in both houses, just managed to shit the bed with healthcare. Unbelievable.
Democrats are in a worse shape. News flash: They lost the presidential election! They sucked hard during the election against a candidate that they should have... trumped! Oh well, their fault.

As for the Republicans... it's certainly embarrassing that they didn't get the bill through. They need to get things in order and I'm not going to defend them there.

The Republicans aren't my party. I am not a US citizen or affiliated with any party.

It's irrelevant to talk about Hillary or Bernie though --- neither one of them is president. This was Trump's healthcare bill and that's what the thread is about ... his complete failure as a president.
I'm glad neither of them are present.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:05 pm
WTF?

Personally, I wish the Republicans would focus the efforts to fix the catastrophically broken healthcare situation and leave things to the FBI.
I'm sure you do.

Democrats are in a worse shape. News flash: They lost the presidential election! They sucked hard during the election against a candidate that they should have... trumped! Oh well, their fault.
OMG the Democrats lost??? I had no idea. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I feel so silly.

As for the Republicans... it's certainly embarrassing that they didn't get the bill through. They need to get things in order and I'm not going to defend them there.

The Republicans aren't my party. I am not a US citizen or affiliated with any party.
If they're not your party, why are you embarrassed? This is a strange thing that happens with Trump supporters. They defend him incessantly yet won't admit they support him. Very strange.

Saying that you don't support Trump because of your immigration status (while frequently posting your obvious support on BE) doesn't actually work. If you or your immediate family live, work, pay taxes and physically exist in the US, then you are part of the process. Voting is just one part of it, many people cast a vote that doesn't even count because of where they live. Civic activity isn't forbidden simply because you can't yet vote. The only thing prohibiting you from supporting, or affiliating with any party or candidate, would be your own apathy.

I'm glad neither of them are present.
Okay.

Last edited by Leslie; Mar 26th 2017 at 4:15 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:07 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

You have said that more than once, but anyone living in the USA is a stakeholder, you dont need citizenship for that. You dont need to be affiliated nor have a vote to acknowledge the party that aligns with your interests or worldview. Your distancing from any party comes across as obfuscation, whether that is your intent or not.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG the Democrats lost??? I had no idea. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I feel so silly.
Awesome! Now if only some more Dems can realize that.

If they're not your party, why are you embarrassed? This is a strange thing that happens with Trump supporters. They defend him incessantly yet won't admit they support him. Very strange.
I'm not personally embarrassed. I meant that in my opinion it's embarrassing for the party.

As for Trump supporters... They admitted support for him on the ballot paper and that's what matters. I believe the phrase is "silent majority."

Saying that you don't support Trump because of your immigration status (while frequently posting your obvious support on BE) doesn't actually work. If you or your immediate family live, work, pay taxes and physically exist in the US, then you are part of the process. Voting is just one part of it, many people cast a vote that doesn't even count because of where they live. Civic activity isn't forbidden simply because you can't yet vote. The only thing prohibiting you from supporting, or affiliating with any party or candidate, would be your own apathy.
Originally Posted by kimilseung
You have said that more than once, but anyone living in the USA is a stakeholder, you dont need citizenship for that. You dont need to be affiliated nor have a vote to acknowledge the party that aligns with your interests or worldview. Your distancing from any party comes across as obfuscation, whether that is your intent or not.
To officially affiliate with a party you need to register to vote. To register to vote you need to be a US citizen.

However, I agree that I am a stakeholder as a US resident and that I also tend to side more with Republican ideologies.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:58 pm
WTF?

Awesome! Now if only some more Dems can realize that.

Totally awesome! I also love the whole "sore winner" vibe that you're rocking ... it's a great look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.