2016 Election

Old Jul 7th 2015, 4:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Michael
Trump must always be on the offensive. When he spats against "Miss Universe", that is what children do.

Trump Labels Miss Universe Paulina Vega a "Hypocrite" After She Calls His Mexican Immigrant Comments "Unjust and Hurtful"
We are shocked.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 4:33 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
We are shocked.
I look forward to the lawsuit Trump vs. The American Public for failure to elect him President.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 4:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I look forward to the lawsuit Trump vs. The American Public for failure to elect him President.
Or the on-stage bitch fights if he actually polls strong enough to make the first round of debates. OMG
Old Jul 7th 2015, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Trump still may make a lot of money due to his blunders. NBC Universal would probably like to get Trump out of "Miss USA" and "Miss Universe" and may just about pay anything to get ride of Trump.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:03 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Trump still may make a lot of money due to his blunders. NBC Universal would probably like to get Trump out of "Miss USA" and "Miss Universe" and may just about pay anything to get ride of Trump.
Its kinda funny that Univision put a stop to screening Miss Universe, because of its associations with Trump and not because, well, its Miss Universe.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:07 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
He's a textbook example of Tea Party politics in action, including all of the xenophobic appeals to economic populism.
He's just so gross. I see Cruz and/or Huckabee as much more of Tea Party threat, Trump is an opportunist who has overplayed his hand but those guys actually have some political skills.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:14 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

He's just so gross. I see Cruz and/or Huckabee as much more of Tea Party threat, Trump is an opportunist who has overplayed his hand but those guys actually have some political skills.
I don't see Trump or Cruz as being serious contenders. For the egomaniacal Trump, this is a publicity stunt gone awry; for Cruz, this is a way to ensure that he secures a prime time talk show slot at Fox News and some kind of book deal.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:23 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I don't see Trump or Cruz as being serious contenders. For the egomaniacal Trump, this is a publicity stunt gone awry; for Cruz, this is a way to ensure that he secures a prime time talk show slot at Fox News and some kind of book deal.
I don't disagree about Cruz but I don't actually understand him either. He seems like the personality type that would crave a position of power and real influence but everything he does screams media whore. I did enjoy him, in his new book, picking a fight with Karl Rove over some past infractions and basically throwing Rove under the bus with the Bush clan ... that was classy.

Last edited by Leslie; Jul 7th 2015 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:28 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Its kinda funny that Univision put a stop to screening Miss Universe, because of its associations with Trump and not because, well, its Miss Universe.
Univision is hardly a bastion of gender equality.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Wouldn't be a great loss anyway. It's grossly misleading as a concept. Where is Miss Jupiter? Miss Hyperion? Miss Zeta Reticulae, or Miss Omicron Persei 8?

Miss Universe is about as complete a contest as the bloody World Series ...
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:42 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius

By the way, "Martin" is Martin O'Malley, the beloved former Lord Mayor of Baltimore (thanks for your service there...not) and former Governor of Maryland (pretty well detested there too - so popular that he was succeeded by a Republican, the first in about 50 years - in one of the bluest states in the union). However, since he's a fresh face, no one outside Maryland knows of him. Proof is we got: "Martin. Who?" from Michael out there on the Left Coast.
Yeah, ano.

In answer to your earlier question about the Democratic field. Jim Webb and Martin O'Malley are both solid, if not arousing, candidates. I'm glad to see them throwing their hats in and shame on Elizabeth Warren for not doing the same. Double shame on Joe Biden for not giving it one last shot.

I think the democratic party is doing itself no favors with the Hillary coronation mentality. It's a good way to dampen voter turnout and lose an election, imo. Democrats deserve to (and actually will need to) be won over and right now they're being told who they will support rather than being properly courted.

Bill Clinton is attributed with the quote, "Democrats fall in love; Republicans fall in line." And, yes, it is an old, tired, and overused quote, but there's a lot of truth to it and there's some poetry to the fact that it was Bill Clinton who made it famous. Right now the Democrats are being told to fall in line and I just don't see that working out, most specially not with the coalition that got Obama elected.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:49 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, ano.

In answer to your earlier question about the Democratic field. Jim Webb and Martin O'Malley are both solid, if not arousing, candidates. I'm glad to see them throwing their hats in and shame on Elizabeth Warren for not doing the same. Double shame on Joe Biden for not giving it one last shot.
Why is everyone forgetting about poor old Lincoln Chafee. He's going to bring us the metric system, surely that's a good thing.

I get why Warren isn't running, the idea she can do more good in the Senate. It's irrelevant now Sanders has the left locked up.

As for Diamond Joe, I think unfortunately he doesn't want to stand in the way of Hillary's coronation, so doesn't want to muddy the waters. I agree it's a shame, Joe is always great when it comes to debates.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:56 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by zargof
Why is everyone forgetting about poor old Lincoln Chafee. He's going to bring us the metric system, surely that's a good thing.

I get why Warren isn't running, the idea she can do more good in the Senate. It's irrelevant now Sanders has the left locked up.

As for Diamond Joe, I think unfortunately he doesn't want to stand in the way of Hillary's coronation, so doesn't want to muddy the waters. I agree it's a shame, Joe is always great when it comes to debates.
I thought Chafee was running as an independent?

Nope, just Googled. Twat.

Is that why Elizabeth Warren isn't running? Or is she being a good girl and waiting her turn? I honestly don't know but I suspect the latter.

I would totally vote for Joe Biden. Hell, I'd campaign for him.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Double shame on Joe Biden for not giving it one last shot.
I'd vote for Joe. I love it when he makes a verbal gaffe which gives him a human quality. He's also well liked on all sides of the political spectrum.

If he can learn to be not "long-winded", he would have a great chance of becoming the next president.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 6:03 pm
I love my brick!

I thought Chafee was running as an independent?

Nope, just Googled. Twat.

Is that why Elizabeth Warren isn't running? Or is she being a good girl and waiting her turn? I honestly don't know but I suspect the latter.

I would totally vote for Joe Biden. Hell, I'd campaign for him.
Well given Warren is already 66, she can't be waiting around much longer. I'm not saying age is a big factor, but another eight years and she is 74. I dunno either.

If Joe does throw his hat in the ring, then it will be a tough choice between him and Bernie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.