Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

£149 flights from London to NY, LA & Fort Lauderdale

£149 flights from London to NY, LA & Fort Lauderdale

Old Jul 4th 2014, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Impel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default £149 flights from London to NY, LA & Fort Lauderdale

Not sure if this is old news to you all but Norwegian Airlines is offering budget flights from London to those three US destinations.

Like most budget flights theres extra charges like seat reservations, meals and checked baggage.

Personally I never enjoy plane food on long haul anyway so can do without and at these prices I could go for a long weekend so may only need a carry on bag.

Pretty sure these flights will get booked quickly though! Theres also a company called Jet2 doing flights to NY for similar prices starting in November

Budget £149 London to New York flight starts - Telegraph
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £149 flights from London to NY, LA & Fort Lauderdale

Aye, someone posted about this last week
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, someone posted about this last week
Darn, still a great deal though!
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Impel
Darn, still a great deal though!
We paid $260 return each for CLT-LHR tickets traveling last month, direct flights with USAirways. ..... Unfortunately the various (non voluntary) fees and taxes were $700 each. ..... Don't pack your bag until you hear what compulsory fees and taxes will be added to the "$149 ticket".

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 4th 2014 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We paid $260 each for CLT-LHR tickets traveling last month, direct flights with USAirways. ..... Unfortunately the various (non voluntary) fees and taxes were $700 each. ..... Don't pack your bag until you hear what compulsory fees and taxes will be added to the "$149 ticket".
You're right, bubble burst. I just had a look for the dates I'd like and it comes to just over £500 return.

This includes extras such as checking a bag, unfortunately you can't exclude the meal for £35 each way and then £150 for taxes.

It's not bad but still not the £300 I'd like to be paying
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Impel
You're right, bubble burst. I just had a look for the dates I'd like and it comes to just over £500 return.

This includes extras such as checking a bag, unfortunately you can't exclude the meal for £35 each way and then £150 for taxes.

It's not bad but still not the £300 I'd like to be paying
They reckon the plastic airline meal is worth 35 quid?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
They reckon the plastic airline meal is worth 35 quid?
Sorry thats £35 for a meal, checking a bag and reserving a seat.

I could do without the meal and the seat and just go for the bag even it was £10
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
They reckon the plastic airline meal is worth 35 quid? ....
Well they could charge £85 for the meal, seat and bag and sell the ticket for £99. Hëll, they could go the whole hog and charge £184 for the meal, seat and bag, and give the ticket away!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

How about $30 to know the nationality and religious beliefs of the flight crew

I actually heard someone mention this in a discussion about flight 370

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Jul 7th 2014 at 4:38 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
How about $30 to know the nationality and religious beliefs of the flight crew. ...
And get a current report on their happiness with their family and domestic status.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Junebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond repute

That still would have been a great deal just got ticket direct flight orlando- gat wick for my daughter 1350 With British airways going through third party british airways wanted 2250
Old Jul 8th 2014, 7:18 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Norwegian were brilliant on our flight to Copenhagen last month. However, I think if I was flying alone I wouldn't bother with the meal/assigned seat/bag combo as I can get by with hand luggage and as the flight leaves at 9:30, I'd already had something to eat. I also don't care where I sit, I'll snore/drool on anyone.

It was probably the nicest airline I've flown. All the staff looked happy as pigs in shit and not mentally disturbed in any way. Even when trying to flog upgrades to "premium economy".

Same can be said for the return leg from Brum on Condor, great staff, clean plane.

(Full itinerary: Drove to Ft Lauderdale, flew to Copenhagen, 4 nights in Copenhagen, CPH - Brum, 2 weeks in Brum, then Brum to Ft Lauderdale and drove to the inlaws then back home next day.) All of that worked out a damn sight cheaper than the $3600 a major US carrier wanted to fly 2 of us from Ft Myers to Brum!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Norwegian were brilliant on our flight to Copenhagen last month. However, I think if I was flying alone I wouldn't bother with the meal/assigned seat/bag combo as I can get by with hand luggage and as the flight leaves at 9:30, I'd already had something to eat. I also don't care where I sit, I'll snore/drool on anyone.
It was probably the nicest airline I've flown. All the staff looked happy as pigs in shit and not mentally disturbed in any way. Even when trying to flog upgrades to "premium economy".
Same can be said for the return leg from Brum on Condor, great staff, clean plane.
(Full itinerary: Drove to Ft Lauderdale, flew to Copenhagen, 4 nights in Copenhagen, CPH - Brum, 2 weeks in Brum, then Brum to Ft Lauderdale and drove to the inlaws then back home next day.) All of that worked out a damn sight cheaper than the $3600 a major US carrier wanted to fly 2 of us from Ft Myers to Brum!
How easy and expensive is long term parking at Ft. Lauderdale then?
Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:04 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, just seeing this. I paid ~$55 for three weeks.

Edit: It was pretty easy, there's a company that partners with the local airport hotels. They've got parking spaces with security, park there, pop the sticker they give you in the window and hop on the airport shuttle.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Just spotted this review of the inaugural flight:

On board the ‘budget’ flight to New York: blankets cost $5, water $4 and you have to book nine months in advance - Telegraph

Meh, I think I'd rather pay for a proper airline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.