£1000 fine for not renewing UK driving license

Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: £1000 fine for not renewing UK driving license

I have never updated my Passports.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:10 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why you're so worried about the fine. You ONLY get fined if you're driving on an expired license but because you have a US license you'd show them that and wouldn't get fined.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have never updated my Passports.
I haven't had to yet, mine expires 2021. My residency here began 2014. + 7 years onto that, is when my passport expires. If I can't natutralize I'll have to renew my passport.

The repeal bill.

I can't see how they could change laws so quickly and I can't see either how they'd keep laws that aren't in the interests of Britain.

It's hard to see how it will be done but I suspect we will see things that are working AGAINST British Nationals not transposed into UK law ... And this EEC Directive on the D1 I can see it easily being flagged as being against Nationals.

And of course the DL is for the GB State (and so are the car registration plates) ... Honestly get the popcorn out. Two major things will be affected.

Our passports will be affected. Our DL's will be affected. They are symbolic ... We have a good chance of having this out in the open that Nationals are being treated like this by the DVLA because of the EEC.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I'm not sure why you're so worried about the fine. You ONLY get fined if you're driving on an expired license but because you have a US license you'd show them that and wouldn't get fined.
It's the principal.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:35 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tennesseestud
I haven't had to yet, mine expires 2021. My residency here began 2014. + 7 years onto that, is when my passport expires. If I can't natutralize I'll have to renew my passport.

The repeal bill.

I can't see how they could change laws so quickly and I can't see either how they'd keep laws that aren't in the interests of Britain.

It's hard to see how it will be done but I suspect we will see things that are working AGAINST British Nationals not transposed into UK law ... And this EEC Directive on the D1 I can see it easily being flagged as being against Nationals.

And of course the DL is for the GB State (and so are the car registration plates) ... Honestly get the popcorn out. Two major things will be affected.

Our passports will be affected. Our DL's will be affected. They are symbolic ... We have a good chance of having this out in the open that Nationals are being treated like this by the DVLA because of the EEC.
What on earth are you on about? What has the Great Repeal Bill got to do with any of this?

You can drive in the UK, or anywhere (else) in the EU, on a North American drivers' licence if you are visiting the country. The DVLA, in similar fashion to many other licensing authorities, does not like individuals holding more than one licence at a time. That is at least a part of the purpose of the several reciprocal exchange programs that exist between local or national licensing authorities. That is, by extension, also one reason that the DVLA deliberately makes it almost impossible to have a valid UK drivers' licence registered at a non-UK address.

It has also always been permissible for drivers to take their car to another jurisdiction on vacation and drive it there - long before the UK was a member of the Common Market it was perfectly acceptable to drive a UK-registered car on the European mainland, although admittedly it was more difficult to get it there before the advent of Ro-Ro ferries and Le Shuttle. Somewhere I have a lovely series of pictures of my father's far being craned onto a cross-channel vessel in the mid-50s.