What a fool

Old Jan 20th 2014, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default What a fool

You will probably read this and think "loser" but I'm posting this not for sympathy but to (hopefully) lessen the pain.
I met a girl in Phuket and can't stop thinking about her. Problem - she works in a bar and I live here in Australia. It could never work unless I were to quit my job and life here and move there. Then I would probably end up running a bar or teaching English - I know, so typical. If my situation was different I would jump at the chance. We text but when she doesn't reply I get sad, very sad.
This must happen every day to men visiting Thailand.
Tell me what I'm doing wrong please.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of
Default Re: What a fool

You are not a loser but a learner playing with 'love and lust'. It could happen to every guy. You probably need to ask yourself as to whether you are looking for a good wife or just a playgirl. I know it is a bit tough times to you. It is easier said than done, but just forget it and try to find an Asian girl in Australia.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I can see the wife in her and she is a young mother too. I would say that I haven't felt this way about anyone for a very long time. Why oh why did it have to happen this way. It's not just that she's Asian but that we get each other. Or maybe I'm fooling myself and can't see that perhaps she's stringing me along.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

If you really take it seriously, spend more time getting to know her. Most Thai ladies, either single or widowed, are not that easy when it comes to a long-term relationship. As you just came back from your holiday, I supposed it is not feasible to take another vacation. Why not ask your friend in Thailand or somebody you know of to ring her up or convince her? Alternatively, if you can manage it, fly to have a quick chat with her during weekends. She might like to follow you to Australia due to the political instability now.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 1:53 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what age you are or what business you are in, but try and get back there and get to know her more....and see what happens. She has a child? Get to know the child also. Yes may seem foolish but hey life is too short. Go for it and see what happens. As wwinit says, she may follow you but spend some time and see how it goes. Just my 2 bahts worth
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I will take them on. It's been hell every day since I came back with sleepless nights to boot. I need to keep myself occupied in the mean time otherwise I'm never going to make it.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know you but I'm guessing you're in your 20s somewhere. If I were you I would put this down to experience and move on. Would you really feel comfortable introducing this girl and the way you met her to your parents. Only you can answer that .
IMO in her situation she is looking for a way out , and you're probably a nice guy so you're a good way out . But is that what you should be ?
Like I said , you've got some soul searching to do . See how things stand with the test of time over Skype etc and find out if you're really compatible as life partners . Do you want the same things ? How well do you know her family history and background . There are a few things to think about. Don't want to be too negative but I think I know Thai people's motives too well too be positive about your situation.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

In my 20s - I wish. What you have said is what I was hoping to hear to bring me back to reality. Soul searching it is.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone on here come from krabi. need a bit of help.
lee
Old Aug 31st 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

nokz is an unknown quantity at this point

I found my wife in thailand they are not all wrong uns