Wedding in Phuket

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:45 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wedding in Phuket

Originally Posted by sambo76
Does this exist in Phuket: An area/beach with a variety of accomodation and restaurants to suit mid to lower range budgets (but not scuzzy!) that's not overly busy or is limited to just one or two hotels and their restaurant/bars? I know we could find this on other islands such as Lanta and I guess even Phi Phi (though haven't been since Tsunami) and also Samui, but my complete ignorance at Phuket means I don't know where to start.

S&E
Nai Harn beach has just 2 hotels - Royal Phuket Yacht Club (pricey) and confusingly is not a Yacht club but very nice. Close by is the All Seasons Hotel (which used to be the Sabana) - I guess I would describe as 4 star hotel. Have stayed there when it was Sabana. There is also an apart-hotel round by Nai Harn Lagoon called Sands which I would think is a little more down-market but certainly walking distance to the other two. BTW a lot of Thais have their wedding pics done by the Lagoon with nice temple in background. (See if I can dredge up another picture )
There a few local eateries at Nai Harn beach and obviously a few restaurants in the hotels.

Cape Panwa also has a couple of hotels and some nice looking restaurants. They are building a couple of big 5-star resorts close to Panwa - a Radisson I think which I imagine will be open later in the year.

Kata Noi (little Kata) which is just beyond Kata beach going southwards might be worth a look. It's a fairly small beach.

I'm SURE there are other places on the island that fit your description, but I'm just picking the spots that I'm familiar with (being darn sarf). Maybe some other Phuket residents in the North can come up with some suggestions??
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:09 am
Account Closed

A couple of lagoon pics taken in the rainy season....

If you don't get any other suggestions on this form, definitely put a posting on ThaiVisa Phuket subforum and I'm sure you'll get some other ideas from other parts of the island.
Attached Thumbnails Wedding in Phuket-lagoon-1.jpg   Wedding in Phuket-lagoon-2.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all and a quick update...
We are going to visit Ban Tao area and also Kata (Noi) so far when we're on our reccie. Both seem to offer most of what we want so far. They both offer good accomodation which we think will be in budget for our guests and there are also places that offer the kind of reception we want; Thai buffet with music etc...
One on of the hotels suggested we do this out in their gardens which sounds great. The wedding itself seems to be of a standard package and there are a few we're interested in (tho any suggestions welcomed). Once we've looked more closely I'll pop the hotels/companies on here to see if anyone has any experience of them.

Anymore suggestions for evening reception would be great. Anywhere that does a good Thai buffet and can look after a private party of 30 people is the brief!!

Thanks again,

S&E
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:56 am
Account Closed

If you really like Kata Noi, I know someone trying to sell an apartment there

Good choices - best of luck.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Hope you didn't book Laguna resort for your reccie. Disgruntled workers blocked all entrances for the 3rd day running.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/dailyne...ex.asp?id=7070

welcome to Thailand....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katongkaren
It's a pity Wellington seems to no longer post on the Far East forum (I wonder why) as he has far more experience/knowledge of Phuket than I.
Because there are seldom any posts about Thailand ,let alone Phuket.!
Wedding choice for me would be The Boathouse,Kata Beach, best food and stunning position; also not too big,very personal service and the best croissants on Phuket
If you want mountain,look at Villa Zolitude,views,quiet,super rooms
or Chic and good food,the best,arguably,buffet brunch at Twin Palms,Surin
If open by your dates,look at the new Centara,being built now at Karon, great position
Food at Marina and KataThani iffy.
Or best position on Kata, The Aspasia.......enormous rooms and terraces,great views and easy access to kata beach.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:15 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wellington,
Because there are seldom any posts about Thailand ,let alone Phuket.!
I think that's because the Horse Whisperer scared everyone off, Wellington. Unfortunately.

I've eaten at Mom Tri's; jolly good it was too although the sight of the effects of the recent tsunami was very sobering (although the reason we decided to spend our tourist dollars there that CNY).
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Nice to see you back on the Far East forum Wellington.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

If you really like Kata Noi, I know someone trying to sell an apartment there

Good choices - best of luck.
Have'nt they just sold it!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wellington,
Have'nt they just sold it!
Err, was there only one apartment for sale in Kata Noi? Well I suppose that's possible - it's only a small place.

Are we talking about an expat couple who are moving to the other side of the world south of Obama-land? (If so, we have PMd on Another Place )
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Err, was there only one apartment for sale in Kata Noi? Well I suppose that's possible - it's only a small place.

Are we talking about an expat couple who are moving to the other side of the world south of Obama-land? (If so, we have PMd on Another Place )
Yes!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:24 am
Just Joined

castleunited is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Ko Phangan and get married there. Its a great and beautiful place. Fame for full moon party and i guess you would be the first to get married in this small island.