Visas for Thais

Old Oct 18th 2013, 2:32 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visas for Thais

this might be of use to anyone going on holiday with their other half.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_re..._Thai_citizens
Old Oct 19th 2013, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

brix13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visas for Thais

in general for thais without much proven liason with foreigners belonging the to country of destination, they would need to proof fixed income, bank statement of 3 months showing savings which are larger than an international travel budget(at least 5 figures in THB), letter from employer, travel insurance, return ticket, hotel booking or letter from local friends where they will stay, ...
Old Oct 19th 2013, 4:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to note that most of South America is visa free. Guess with the expense of getting there from Thailand it's a given that you've got some cash. I would have thought that having a return ticket and money would suffice for most places.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

Most of South America is visa free because those countries tend to work using reciprocal agreements.

i.e. As Thailand lets in their nationals visa-free, they do the same.

It works the other way as well, because America fingerprints people applying for visas, Brazil fingerprints Americans (and only Americans as far as I'm aware.)
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:59 pm

Not too many takers though . I met one Argentinian and one Brazilian in all my time in Thailand I think .
Old Oct 25th 2013, 6:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but Thailand also lets Americans, Canadians, and citizens of most western European countries in without a visa (though for a shorter period of time than visa-free South Americans), and we certainly don't reciprocate.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by bkk_mike
Most of South America is visa free because those countries tend to work using reciprocal agreements.

i.e. As Thailand lets in their nationals visa-free, they do the same.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

I myself hate the words 'developing' or 'developed' countries. Those countries in South America might consider themselves developing nations with the same status as Thailand. They therefore prefer reciprocal agreements. This is different from all so-called developed countries, like the US, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, etc., as they are 'superior'. Thailand also needs monie from tourist industry. On top of that, many Thais going abroad like to disappear like Robinhoods roaming around those countries, do dirty business or earn some money, so an official visa is a way to curb the influx of poor Thais. Keep an eye on Japan which just accepted the mutual agreement and started the visa-free policy for Thais.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by wwinit
I myself hate the words 'developing' or 'developed' countries. Those countries in South America might consider themselves developing nations with the same status as Thailand. They therefore prefer reciprocal agreements. This is different from all so-called developed countries, like the US, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, etc., as they are 'superior'. Thailand also needs monie from tourist industry. On top of that, many Thais going abroad like to disappear like Robinhoods roaming around those countries, do dirty business or earn some money, so an official visa is a way to curb the influx of poor Thais. Keep an eye on Japan which just accepted the mutual agreement and started the visa-free policy for Thais.
interesting , my wife has always wanted to go there . Didn't know that . According to this you get up to 15 days same as Cambodia.

http://www.th.emb-japan.go.jp/en/consular/visaindex.htm
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have experience with visiting Oman and/or Bahrain on a Thai passport? Would be nice to have my wife visit on occasion and it seems like Qatar, where I am spending a lot of time at the moment is a non starter so it seems.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Anyone have experience with visiting Oman and/or Bahrain on a Thai passport? Would be nice to have my wife visit on occasion and it seems like Qatar, where I am spending a lot of time at the moment is a non starter so it seems.
I'm currently in KSA with my wife so they are two of our holiday destinations . Bahrain is 14 days getting a visa on arrival and Oman is one month visa on arrival . I take it you don't have residency in Qatar then if you're wife can't visit ?