Visa question again!

Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Global1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question again!

Hey all, Im going to travel to Thailand in about a year and hope to stay long term. I have been trying to read about visa's but im slightly confused....

I will possibly either pick the ED Visa and study or get one of the others that's not tourist. I plan to run my own internet business there so what would be the best visa or should i not bother with a work permit as im not setting up business as such?

Also I hear about 90 day reporting is this a way to not have to do visa runs every 3 months as this might become tedious after year or so

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:40 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question again!

If you're not on an ED, then you're on a retirement ( over 50) , or marriage ( guessing you're not ) , or tourist.
For marriage you need to be married obviously so that's 400,000 in the bank, shown in a Thai bank 3 months before application, after arriving on a Non-O,which will get you a one year extension .You will still need to report every 90 days.
For retirement you need 800,000 in a Thai bank before application ,or an income of 65,000 a month ( over 50s only). Same rules apply.
People on tourist visas ( or possibly marriage visas ) do visa runs. IMO FPE a 90 day report is far better than a 1/2/3/day haul to Burma/Cambodia/Malaysia ,although they also have theur good points too. Ventien and Phnom Phen are good fun.