Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Is Thailand The Place For Us??

Is Thailand The Place For Us??

Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:41 pm
Upatham

Upatham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Thailand The Place For Us??

If you don't like the place or its people, why do you even bother posting here? Take the first flight out is my advice.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: San Fernando, La Union, Illocos Sur, Luzon, Philippines
slowsmile is on a distinguished road

[quote=Phuketti;4960802]"
Originally Posted by scotian
Puketti

Cheers !
Phucketti...

.....I completely agree with Upatham. You've managed to insult scotian and his Thai/Oz wife(which is inexcusable since you've never met them. Arguments are not about insults, dear) and you seem to have nothing but contempt for the following:

1. All Thais, men and women.
2. Thai business methods.
3. White men(old or otherwise) who have Thai girlfriends or wives.Or who just want to have some fun.
4. Being called a 'farang'.
5. Thai intelligence.
6. Thai men as boyfriends or husbands.
6. All Thais are uneducated, stupid and lazy.

.....And what about you ? As far as I can work out you are:

1. A spinster or divorcee from The US.
2. You are 45 y o.
3, You are very unhappy in Thailand. Haven't got a good word for the place.
4. A fairly well off, attractive woman(your own description).
5. You live in Phucket.

.....At a guess I would also say that you were unhappy with your life in the US as well which is why you rushed all twinkled eyed to Thailand and to 'paradise' without doing your homework on the place.Your fault...

....My other guess(...from what I've read on your posts) is that you're trying to do exactly what the white men are doing in Thailand: get yourself a husband or boyfriend because you couldn't manage it in the US.

Now you seem to be spoiling for a fight or argument with everyone. Your steaming vitriolic opinions to me just reveal the big mistake you made moving to Thailand.Or are you in denial about this? After all, YOU decided to move to this 'paradise', didn't you ?

There are great benefits moving to places like Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines, as long as you realise their downside. Nothing is perfect, just learn to blend a bit; accept things more and do NOT apply western standards(arrogant). Look at Welli, he loves the place and good luck to him. Thailand is a primitive corrupt country, accept it. If you can't except all its faults then move......and do your research properly next time.

Bye the way, I live in The Philippines and its just dinky here.....if you want to find out about the Philippines or Malaysia, which might suit you, you can read my other posts.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 25th 2007 at 9:48 am. Reason: snipped quote
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=slowsmile;4963633]
Originally Posted by Phuketti
"
Phucketti...

.....I completely agree with Upatham. You've managed to insult scotian and his Thai/Oz wife(which is inexcusable since you've never met them. Arguments are not about insults, dear) and you seem to have nothing but contempt for the following:

1. All Thais, men and women.
2. Thai business methods.
3. White men(old or otherwise) who have Thai girlfriends or wives.Or who just want to have some fun.
4. Being called a 'farang'.
5. Thai intelligence.
6. Thai men as boyfriends or husbands.
6. All Thais are uneducated, stupid and lazy.

.....And what about you ? As far as I can work out you are:

1. A spinster or divorcee from The US.
2. You are 45 y o.
3, You are very unhappy in Thailand. Haven't got a good word for the place.
4. A fairly well off, attractive woman(your own description).
5. You live in Phucket.

.....At a guess I would also say that you were unhappy with your life in the US as well which is why you rushed all twinkled eyed to Thailand and to 'paradise' without doing your homework on the place.Your fault...

....My other guess(...from what I've read on your posts) is that you're trying to do exactly what the white men are doing in Thailand: get yourself a husband or boyfriend because you couldn't manage it in the US.

Now you seem to be spoiling for a fight or argument with everyone. Your steaming vitriolic opinions to me just reveal the big mistake you made moving to Thailand.Or are you in denial about this? After all, YOU decided to move to this 'paradise', didn't you ?

There are great benefits moving to places like Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines, as long as you realise their downside. Nothing is perfect, just learn to blend a bit; accept things more and do NOT apply western standards(arrogant). Look at Welli, he loves the place and good luck to him. Thailand is a primitive corrupt country, accept it. If you can't except all its faults then move......and do your research properly next time.

Bye the way, I live in The Philippines and its just dinky here.....if you want to find out about the Philippines or Malaysia, which might suit you, you can read my other posts.
That just about sums it up; we've been here before ;Phuketti is getting boring.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:35 am
Upatham

Upatham is an unknown quantity at this point

Not just boring.
There is a definite inconsistency about this Phuketti person. Caught out with one lie about the PIWC and a few other things she has got (or should I write 'gotten') wrong, she still either enjoys it enough to still be here, in which case, all her postings are either sheer hypocrisy, or she's a masochist, or she's really just an internet troll. I prefer to believe the troll suggestion.

1. She' got more money than sense and certainly does not know what to do with either.

2. She is that kind of stereotype caricature of the US citizen that Brits hate to love: she will bad mouth anything and any country they travel too - you can hear their loud squeaky voices well above the din in any diner. She can't say a kind word about anything and due to her overall attitude no one feels kindly enough towards her to get her to mellow her temper..

3. And that's why she's lonely (or should I say 'lonesome') and enjoys leaving a wake of destruction everywhere she goes - her kind of arrogance attracts arrogance, particularly on web forums, in the lobbys of hotels, in restaurants, and of course in banks.

4. Has the same problem in travel agents' offices as in banks, as it has now taken her over five months to get a ticket back to her cradle of bigotry and still hasn't succeeded yet. Or maybe she doesn't know where to go because nobody will have her. Probably been kicked off the US forums for spouting her insensitive crap and that's why she's here.

- There, there, Phuketti sweetie, it's not so bad really, come into my arms and let me hug ya.

Ugh!

Last edited by Upatham; Jun 25th 2007 at 4:08 am.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:53 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

So bitter , rude and vile. To both Thai people, people married to Thai people and scotian. Definitely a troll.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thai people the WORST

All the businesses , lawyers, restaurants, etc. run by foreigners have as employees, grossly incompetent Thai women that are the owner's girlfriends.
Most likely they are the actual owners .
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

roastpig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Welli is a bigot ..

Na NA NA NA NA
That comment about Malaysia being .."mostly Muslim draw your own precautionary conclusions..."
What a racist, bigotted statement.... Unbelievable you would actually print that.
Let me guess, You're white, male and over 55 I'd say to have such an attitude and not be ashamed of it
And gee, Thailand is SO Safe ....
It's not Islam that's the problem, it's the Western attitude toward it that is.
Dunno if you got your point right ,but was burglared in thailand (and lost valuables )when there aftr few months.Many con artist u gotta know what ur doing in that place .Perhaps in wrong place i wrong time .Guess i am getting paranoid after that or have an itchy feet for change .Malaysia i would put it much safer than thailand with their strict muslim ethos.Any foreigner in Thailand will always be a foreigner ,and always hv the feeling locals don't appreciate your presence apart from your money.Thailand isn't english speaking country, apart from the tourist belt where locals have a hang in english. Let me say,the Philippines is more english speaking in comparison .English taught in infancy ,and offcial medium of instruction in schools and inversities, and also on business transactions.You wonder why many middle koreans making trips to PI to study english on a budget .Many Local papers in english. Majority of population are christians.In terms of food,I like it there in thailand,but Malaysia and the Philippines will come by close.Malaysia is more expensive than Philippines.One thing I observed about the Philippines people like foreigners and you feel more welcomed to live /stay with them , most people are very friendly ,you see big smiles despite how tough life is .For me the Philippines wins n moving there soon.

...all the best in living in thailand.

Last edited by roastpig; Sep 25th 2007 at 11:03 am.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi to everybody

I am new to the Far East section of the forum but maybe somebody out there can help??

We have visited Thailand for the last 2 years a month each time and we thought it a wonderful place and the people so nice.

We have lived in Spain over 10 years BUT are beginning to tire of the attitude and lifestyle.

We wondered if Thailand was the place to be for the rest of our days as we are both retired??

Also any advice on long term renting versus buying would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
There is a posting somewhere on this site where somebody is asking whether Thailand, Philippines or Malaysia is a good place to retire to. There is some very good information and advice on that site. Malaysia e.g. have a special retirement programme for expats called "'Malaysia my Second Home". They actively welcome expats providing they can prove a certain amount of income and savings. I had a quick look and the amount is quite modest by European standards. Do try and read it all through. It makes fascinating reading - or at least I thought so.
a
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

drin is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're still considering Thailand after Phuketti's rantings I'd recommend Chiang Mai over Phuket. Phuket in my experience is much more geared towards dealing with short-term farang visitors, which makes prices much higher. Not that Chiang Mai isn't like that, but I've found Chiang Mai can be a lot less expensive to live in...

-drin
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drin
If you're still considering Thailand after Phuketti's rantings I'd recommend Chiang Mai over Phuket. Phuket in my experience is much more geared towards dealing with short-term farang visitors, which makes prices much higher. Not that Chiang Mai isn't like that, but I've found Chiang Mai can be a lot less expensive to live in...

-drin
After Phuketti's rantings I notice she has gone quiet,
so it is nice to get some sense back into this thread.
We have been in Phuket for 3 years and find it a beautiful and quiet place to live with a modicum of civilization not found all over Asia. (Better shops,restaurants,roads) Yes,it is geared to tourism and this reflects in prices, but you still have a choice as to where you prefer to eat and shop, and anyway we eat in 80% of the time.
We have travelled in Malaysia but ten years ago, so cannot comment on how it is to live there now.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:51 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

I agree with a lot of Phuketti's rant. It is all about perception and experience and she obviously deals at grass roots and sees all of this shite. I have seen that all over the place where I have lived and empathise with her. Yes people do have better experiences and never encounter that sort of shit because they inhabit a rerefied atmosphere avoiding everything that smells, or glowers or is noot familiar and joins expat wives clubs. There is nothing wrong with that- I do have contmpt for it but choose not to do it myself so don't deny her experience because you have chosen not to experience it and the reaction yourselves.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:46 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

agree with Wellington
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dago
I agree with a lot of Phuketti's rant. It is all about perception and experience and she obviously deals at grass roots and sees all of this shite. I have seen that all over the place where I have lived and empathise with her. Yes people do have better experiences and never encounter that sort of shit because they inhabit a rerefied atmosphere avoiding everything that smells, or glowers or is noot familiar and joins expat wives clubs. There is nothing wrong with that- I do have contmpt for it but choose not to do it myself so don't deny her experience because you have chosen not to experience it and the reaction yourselves.
Kuwait's the place for you
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

drin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wellington,
Kuwait's the place for you
Bahrain's nice this time of year too.

-drin
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dago
Whatever your opinions are of Phuketti's posts, she writes of her experience as a single woman from what I understand. From my own experience I can assure you all that a woman alone is treated very derogatively, to put it very mildly, by the male Thai than when she is accompanied by a man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.